TEN

Wither, Wane, Grow.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Flashback]

 

-AUGUST 21-

 

“I know I sound crazy, the fact that you can see me is crazy enough.”

 

“Uh-huh…”

 

Yerin blindly replied, still stunned. 

 

“But believe me, Sinb is going to try and take her life, and you know what, I’m dead but I don’t want her to die with me. We’ve got to save her.”

 

“Unnie, I really don’t understand. How do you know she’s going to die?”

 

Sowon let out a sigh as she took a breath with her eyes closed. She began explaining.

 

“Basically I’m not supposed to be here. I died in an accident right?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

Yerin said as she continued to keep it together, not wanting to remember the memory where she picked up the call from their manager that night. 

 

“Thing is, I never knew I died actually. The night of August 27, I was alone at home. Or at least I thought I was, until I saw Sinb bleeding to death on the floor with pills everywhere. She wrote a letter, saying she was tired and thought that taking her life was the answer to end it all. I never knew the true reason but later on, I found out it was because of me. “

 

Sowon confessed. She dropped her head, trying her best to control the tears from bursting out. The image of Sinb’s dead body in her arms was something she never wanted to experience in her lifetime.

 

“So… you’re telling me, Sinb committed suicide?”

 

Sowon nodded. She reached into her back pocket and pulled out the polaroid. She took a good look at the empty spaces in the photo, it was missing both her and Sinb. She handed it to Yerin. 

 

“Wait… I remember this picture… We took this on Sinb’s birthday didn’t we?”

 

Sowon nodded again.

 

“Bu— Sinb… she’s not in it….”

 

“Yeah, Sinb wrote in her letter that this photo was something she treasured a lot. I found it in her drawer on the day she died. It had all six of us in the picture…”

 

“How’s this possible… she’s not in here anymore?”

 

“Long story short, her soul left. which means her fate is locked. She is definitely going to die In 6 days. Somehow I managed to come back. She came back actually, on the day I died. She told me to leave with her. Its really complicated and confusing, I know. I don’t get it either. Theoretically, she’s already long dead and gone, but I managed to return with this photo…”

 

She tried to tell Yerin, although there were many missing parts of the story, Sowon really didn’t know how to explain something she wasn’t even sure herself. 

 

“But how are we going to stop her?”

 

“I— really don’t know either.” 

 

Sowon admitted. She really don’t know how she was going to save her, but she was going to try, no she had to save her. 

 

[END FLASHBACK]

 

- AUGUST 26 -

 

“Sinb ah….”

 

Yerin called out to the younger girl, but Sinb simply ignored and walked past her. Sinb had been ignoring Yerin’s presence ever since the incident three nights ago. 

 

“Yewon ah, let’s go…”

 

“Coming…”

 

The two Maknaes put on their shoes and left the house. Yerin sighed as she told Sowon who was leaning against the wall.

 

“Unnie, I don’t think they’re ever going to forgive me…”

 

Sowon walked over with heavy footsteps as her hand landed on Yerin’s shoulder.

 

“Well, just give them time. Not that we have a lot of it left to be honest.”

 

“Right, it’s tomorrow… What are we going to do, we don’t even have any plans to stop this.”

 

Yerin told the leader. Sowon cupped her hands to as she exhaled loudly. 

 

“Whatever it is, I’m sure we’ll figure this out when it happens. Our only option is to play by ear for now. When the time comes, I’m sure I’ll think of something” 

 

“Unnie, thats not really a good idea. What if we can’t stop her. What if it just happens, what if we really lose her for real this time.”

 

A deja vu hits Siwon. She recalled saying similar lines. 

 

“What if, what if, what if…”

 

It was what she said when it was too late, when Sinb was already gone. 

 

She closed her eyes and she could see flashbacks of her screaming hysterically, with Sinb in her arms. To be real honest, she doesn’t know what and how she was going to fix this, because at the rate at how things were going, she didn’t know if she would be ready it when it really happens. 

 

---

---

---

 

“Eunbi ah, until when are you going to ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter