THREE

Wither, Wane, Grow.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-4TH JUNE 2017-

--

"NOOOO! IT CAN'T BE!! UNNIE!!" 

 

Sowon could hear the all too familiar voice echoing in her head. The voice was desperate, as it cracked in between words due to the hard sobs. Sowon could tell the voice was in trouble and was obviously calling for her. More specifically, Sinb was calling for her. 

As she continued to stare in her eyes, she could see flashes of the same scenes of Sinb on the very day of 27th August 2017. Sinb on the floor, dead, blood, pills and the letter. Except, Sowon wasn't there. She wasn't the one whose holding onto Sinb. It was, someone else.

 

"No way. I... I just came back from there, how's tha- possible that I'm.... not in there..." 

 

"UNNIE! HEY! Stop staring blankly at me! Are you okay!?"

 

Sowon finally snapped back when the voice talking to her was louder than her thoughts. Sinb was almost in tears looking at her leader in such a state. The members all surrounded her waiting for her to respond. For the sake of everyone she tried to hold back her confusing thoughts. This entire ride and situation has been wild and completely surreal, even for the strong and selfless Kim Sojung, this was not something she could handle.

"Argh!"

The pain hits her again as she rubbed her eyes. 

"Yeah... no worries I'm fine. I'm fine. I guess the flash just happened to flash directly into my eyes which is why it hurts so much. It's okay, I'll be fine after resting." 

She lied as she reassured the members, but they were not convinced as their worried hearts continued to probe the leader. 

 

"SILENCE!"

 

With one word, she managed the shut all of them up. She soothed her chest as she took a deep breath.

"I'm really okay, listen, I'm fine!"

Sowon proved to the members by stretching her eye lids open to show them that her eyes were indeed okay and that she hasn't gone blind yet. 

"Well, if you say so Unnie. We're just worried about you..."

Yerin said as she looked down. Sowon patted the second eldest on her head as she pulled her to her chest and smacked her bottom. Which in turn stirred laughter and the members were back to their usual playful selves, teasing their two eldest Unnies. 

"I know, I know you all are worried about me but I'm really okay! If you want Unnie to get well, then send me to my bed. In fact all of you off to bed, its late already."

The members whined as they complied to their leader's words. They sent Sowon and Yerin to their room as one by one, left to their own beds. However, Sinb stayed behind as she sat beside Sowon on her bed. 

"Why are you still here... it's late."

Sowon asked in her warm motherly tone as she pulled Sinb to her side. Without any words,  Sinb pulled out something from her flannel pocket and handed it to Sowon. Sowon's confused, flipped the item over and it revealed the photo they had taken earlier. 

"Why are you giving it to me, you should keep it."

She said, as she handed it back to the girl. Sinb simply shook her head and pushed Sowon's hand back to her. 

"You keep it Unnie. I want you to have it."

Sinb, gave a warm smile as she scooted a little closer and rested her head on the leader's shoulder. Sowon looked over as she watched Sinb fall asleep just like that. She caressed the girl's cheek and tears just started rolling down. She spoke in her vulnerable and soft voice. 

"Don't leave, promise me you wouldn't leave..."

The girl in a deep sleep obviously didn't reply. Sowon opened her palm, which revealed the photo that Sinb had just given her as her thumb went across every member's face. 

 

"What am I going to do... God, why are you playing such a terrible joke on me."

 

and just like that the leader and Maknae fell asleep together as Sowon grasped the photo in her hand. 

When the sun was up. Sowon rubbed her eyes as she yawned, Sinb was no where to be seen. In fact the whole room was empty, Yerin wasn't in her in bed as well.

Sowon staggered out of the room to find the members all solemnly sitting on the floor in the living room. Confused as to what was going on, she walked over to them. As she was about to open to ask what was going on, Sinb started sniffing and soon tears trickled down her face. And like a domino, the members all started crying. Sowon stood there, absolutely having no clue as to what was going on, having no idea why they were crying, and on top of all they were crying badly. A state that Sowon had never seen before. 

Suddenly, Sinb screamed out the leader's name. 

 

"SOJUNG UNNIE!"

 

Followed by loud bawls, Yerin pulled the girl in to her side. 

"I'm here! I'm here! Sinb why are you crying?!"

Sowon rushed over to the girl's side as she watched the other members crying their eyes out, all of them calling out to Sowon. She couldn't help but tear up as well although she didn't know why they were crying in the first place. She sat right beside the girl as she cupped Sinb's cheeks. 

Weird thing was, Sinb was not responding to her. In fact none of the members were responding to her. 

"Yerin! Eunha look at me! I'm right here!" 

The leader called out to Yerin and Eunha but as if she wasn't there, they weren't replying her. 

"Yuna yah! Yewon, Unnie is right here! Why are all of you calling for me?!"

"Sinb, hey look at me, I'm right here!"

Nothing. Absolutely nothing from the five of them. 

Sowon panicked, what on earth was happening. She had no idea. First the members were bawling out for no reason, secondly, they were completely ignoring her. 

She could do nothing but watched the members cry and cry, and cry. Sowon's memory jolted to last night. 

 

"The flash."

 

She immediately stood up and ran to her room. She searched for the photo. She was flipping all the pillows on her bed a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter