FOUR

Wither, Wane, Grow.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 4TH AUGUST - 

 

“Who am I… no, what am I? Am I dead or alive?”

Heavy breathing started to set in for Sowon. Tears started falling while she slowly crushed the photo that rested in her palm as she fell to her knees in despair. The leader’s precious tears slowly dropped, one tear at a time as it fell on the photo.

Her palms hit the floor as they formed two tight fists. She began to scream her lungs out as she slammed her fists repeatedly on the floor, knowing the members who were still crying outside couldn’t hear her, her heart was torn apart. Suddenly, a pair of feet walked towards the latter. As Sowon was about to slam her already bruised fist on the floor again, a hand stopped her as it grabbed her wrist and pulled her up. The mysterious person then pulled her in to her chest, as she tightly hugged Sowon.

“Si—nB…?

“Unnie, stop it already…”

“You… can see me?”

“Of course I can…”

“Bu—? I kept calling you earlier, and all of you were ignoring me…”

Sinb pulled away as she grabbed Sowon’s hand and guided her back outside to where the other members were.

“Wait, Sinb you’re there… how…?”

Sowon stared at the Sinb who was crying in Yerin’s embrace meters away from where she stood and then she turned to her left to the Sinb who was holding her hand, looking at the members.

“I know you’ve questions…”

“A lot of them…”

Sinb chuckled as she pulled Sowon back to her room. Sinb bent down as she picked up the crushed photo. She tried to straighten it back out with her hands as much as she could.

“Aishh... Unnie, I thought I told you that I really treasured this picture. Why did you crush it...”

Sinb said annoyed as her busy hands kept pulling the photo apart to soften the creases as she blew the dusts off it. Sowon stayed silent, staring at the younger girl, still stunned and confused as ever.

“Do you know why I can see you Unnie, while the others can’t?”

Sinb asked as she walked over to Sowon’s bed and sat down while she patted the space beside her, prompting Sowon to sit beside her. Sowon simply shook her head to answer the girl.

“That’s because you and I are both already dead…”

Sinb finally said it, she spilled the beans. Sowon touched heart. She felt it beating, it was pounding with life. She shook her head in disbelief, as she refused to believe what the younger girl just told her. She can’t be dead, even if she’s dead why was she here.

“You do know that you died right…?”

Sowon just continued to stay mum.

“You died in a car accident, and what you’re hearing right now is the aftermath you never got to see…”

Sinb said as she pointed to the wall beside them which was the only boundary separating them and the crying members on the other side.  They stayed silent for a couple more seconds as they listened to the dreadful cries.

“No wait, you’re telling me I died?”

Sinb nodded, she totally looked unaffected by this whole thing while Sowon was still having a hard time trying to digest whatever was happening.

“Are you telling me, you have absolutely no recollection that you got hit by a car and you rolled over the car roof and fell back down on the ground, bleeding to death and – “

Before the girl could continue, Sowon stopped her as she raised her palm.

“Okay, I get it, I died in a tragic car accident which I have no memory of.”

“Yeah you did.”

“But how did I come back…”

“Well…”

Sinb sighed as she continued.

“Because of your sowon (wish) , don’t you remember holding on to me saying that you wanted to go back? On the 27th August 2017, I died. You were there.”

“Yeah, I was but if you said that I’m already dead then how could I be there…”

“That’s because somehow you managed to mess up the entire universe’s time and space. Somehow you caused the law of physics to not make sense anymore…”

Sowon still had no idea what Sinb was talking about.

“What you saw in my eyes… do you remember?”

Sinb gestured with her hands.

“Well, I meant the Sinb who was still alive not me….”

“Yeah… it was Yerin holding onto you not me…”

“That’s right, that’s the actual reality. That was what really ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter