ONE

Wither, Wane, Grow.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-27 August 2017-

The dorm was quiet, unlike on usual days where the members would be making a ruckus in their living room. The girls had went back to their respective homes for the week for a short break their company gave them but Sowon was the only one who decided to stay in the dorm. She keyed in the pin to enter their safe haven as she threw her shoes aside, knowing she had the house all to herself. She headed straight to her room and plopped onto her bed, deciding that today she was going to spend some time alone. Or so she thought.

Suddenly, a loud thud could be heard in the distance

Sowon jittered in shock as she sat up, trying to process where the sound came from. She threw her phone aside she was fiddling with earlier to the end of the bed. She rushed out her room in search for the source of the sound. A small door crack opened from the room the two Maknaes shared. She pushed the door open slightly more with her fingers, and the scene before her made her heart drop.

"EUNBI YAH!!"

Sowon rushed her way through as she dropped to her knees. Sinb was laying on the floor unconscious and motionless. Pills were scattered everywhere and blood was gushing out uncontrollably from her wrists and soon, the red liquid was spreaded across the parquet floor forming a large pool beneath the Maknae’s body. Sowon lifted Sinb in to her arms as Sinb’s neck hung back across Sowon's forearm. Tears started flowing out as she called out the Maknae's name repeatedly.

"Eunbi ah, don't scare me. Wake up hey. Why did you do it ...Eunbi yah!!! "

Her words slowly turned incoherent towards the end as her sobs became louder. Sinb's mouth was slightly opened and undissolved pills could be seen flooding at the back of her tongue. Sowon grabbed Sinb's bleeding wrist as her eyes scanned the number of slits the girl made. What made Sinb do this, it didn't make any sense, Sinb seemed fine all the while and had shown no signs what so ever. Sowon cursed herself as she bawled out louder and louder.

She held up Sinb's lifeless body as her head rested on Sowon's shoulder. Her shaky hands the girl's back as she cried her eyes out. It just didn't make sense at all to the leader. Sinb's body gradually turned colder by the second, and it was then that Sowon knew she couldn't do anything to save her Maknae.

Suddenly, Sowon spots a letter resting under the table. It read,

 

----

If you’re reading this, then I would have been gone by now. You must be confused as to why I chose to do this. I’m tired, tired of living this painful life. The only reason I held on was because I had my members by my side, so no matter how much I hated what I was doing, I pushed through because I knew I had them with me. But, I’m sorry I chose such a selfish option. Don’t cry for me because now, I’m finally free. Free from all the pain that was bottled up in me all this while. To my family, thank you and sorry is all I can really say, but I love you mom, dad and Oppa. To my members, I loved you from the bottom of my heart. I know you guys would be devastated that I left, but please remember that I have never regretted a single moment I had with you guys. The good times, the bad times, they were all worth it, every second and every minute of it. I left something that I cherished very much in the drawer, find it and keep it safe for me.

Now I’ve left, but don’t miss me too much and if fate allow, let us meet again in our next lives.

-Little Eunbi-

---

 

Sowon began to bawl even louder as she slowly crushed the paper that was stained with Sowon's tears and Sinb's blood while her other arm still tightly holding on to Sinb. She slowly and gently placed Sinb back on to the ground. With the remaining strength she had left, she stood up with the help of a push from her clenched fist on the ground. She made her way to the drawer Sinb was talking about. Her tears still falling one after another. Sowon opened the drawer and discovers a polaroid of her and the members.

It was a picture they took on Sinb’s birthday. Sinb even wrote the date beneath it.

 

‘170603’

 

All of them were smiling so happily in the photo and Sinb was the happiest little kid with cream on her nose. Sowon piggybacking her, Yerin biting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter