Hospital

Snsd will be the death of me
Please log in to read the full chapter
​​​​​​*bleep*bleep*bleep*

Where am I? Why does my body feel numb? I slowly opened my eyes but everything seems blurry. I can smell isopropyl alcohol. That constant bleep sound that comes from a machine nearby is annoying. 

"ugh" I groaned in pain. I heard the sound of curtains moving and light crept in to place where I'm in. It seems like I'm on a hospital bed, with monitors bleeping behind me. A pretty nurse went into my room to check on my vitals. 

"Glad you're finally awake miss. What you do for our country is really admirable but you should not let that affect your health. Your comrades have brought you here because you fainted during one of your investigations" said the beautiful nurse

"Thanks for your concern" was my reply as I try to nudge a head bow but my head east rooted to the pillow.

I saw the nurse smile at the gesture, she bowed and left the room. It's really depressing being alone here now. I know it's been six months already since umma and appa's passing. I still wish they were here. Oppa has immigrated to Canada with our youngest sibling. I guess this is good that they aren't here so they wouldn't worry much. 

Working at almost 15hrs straight on cases is one of my jobs hazards. I try to work most of the time to keep my mind off umma and appa. Crime doesn't sleep and it's taking a toll on my body. I guess this is my first time in 6 months getting a straight 8-hour sleep. 

"Taeyeon-ah, congratulations on becoming a detective, umma and appa are so proud! You finally are fulfilling your dream." said the old man "Aigoo our daughter is such a catch, the only thing missing is a man by her side" said umma "I don't mean to disappoint you on that topic but I think I better have a solid foundation first before you two start thinking of marrying me off"

 

 

 

"Umma... Appa...." mumbling ng in my sleep

 

"Miss Kim? Miss Kim?" A light tap on my shoulder as I slowly opened my eyes. And realized I had tears on them. I tried to move my arms to my face but I still felt weak when the nurse have already gotten a cloth to wipe my tears.

"I-I'm sorry" I felt ashamed and awkward at the fact that someone else had to wipe my tears

"There's nothing to it miss" she said with a glowing smile that made her eyes disappear. "You seem like you have had a bad dream. This is my last stop til my shift ends, so technically I'm off duty. Care to talk about it? I'm Tiffany by the way." 

"Taeyeon. But I guess you already know that" as I manage a smile for the caring nurse as I try to sit up 

"Wow. That's a cute chin dimple you have there" as she pointed to it. "The doctor said you can be discharged tomorrow" 

"Thanks for your hard work Tiffany-ssi." 

"You know you can drop the honorifics since we're the same age." I can feel her gaze as she said that. I feel like jello under it. This is a first that I felt like this. I can feel my cheeks heating up. "Omo! You're turning red. Let me check your temperature. You might not get discharged if you get a fever"

"Is my temperature bad?" I said as I stared at her with

Please log in to read the full chapter