Two

Under the Same Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

During dinner time back at Bobby's home, he was sitting next to his girlfriend as they were sitting across his parents. They were enjoying their type throughout their meals and just spoke casually to each other.

Just when Jinri was about to get up, Bobby stopped his mom asking her to sit back down as he suddenly felt nervous. He could feel sweat forming in his hands as he rubbed them on his pants and gave a nervous laugh.

Jeongyeon tilted her head to him wondering what was wrong. She had never really seen him that way since before they were dating as before walking her home after her baseball game.

Bobby took in a deep breath before smiling at his parents. "Today I missed one of my classes because I got called to speak to a professor. He's giving me a opportunity to go to a summer program to learn more music and its affordable."

Jinri gasped clasping her hands together with a smile. "Honey that's great!"

"That's really great son!" Jaewon said looking at him.

Jeongyeon smiled wrapping her arms automatically giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Bobby bit his bottom lip and gave a nervous laugh again. "The program is for three months in Japan."

Silence.

Two minutes.

Bobby looked at his parents who weren't saying but staring at him.

Jeongyeon felt her heart drop for a moment making her inside twist unpleasantly. She slowly moved her arms off her boyfriend and keep listening to the rest.

The feeling of not having Jeongyeon's arms around him anymore made his heart race and be filled with worry. He looked at her for a moment and moved his hand to grab hers from under the table. He averted his eyes back to his parents as they were still registering the news.

"I have the packet if you both want to look at it. I said 'no' the first time...but maybe I would go if it's ok with you and Jeongyeon." He saw his mom make eye contact with him and to Jeongyeon.

She knew her son well and she knew, he wouldn't go anywhere without Jeongyeon. She is his world and she meant everything to him. Of course her answer mattered a lot to him as well. Jeongyeon's parents wouldn't let their second daughter go to another country with no reason but her being with her boyfriend.

They loved her but they still had their limits on expenses.

Jinri cleared gaining her husband's attention as Bobby was already looking at her. "Go get the packet and your father and I will discuss it."

Bobby gave her a nod letting go of Jeongyeon's hand. He went to his room grabbing his bag and taking out the packet. He had read a few things and made him get second thoughts but Jeongyeon kept going to his mind and her answer.

It mattered to him.

He didn't want to leave her for three months.

It was going to be hard.

Why do we keep getting obstacles?

He sighed as he placed his bag back on the floor and walked out. As soon as he got back to the table Jeongyeon was gone. Panic filled his body as he placed the packet on the table. "Where'd she go? Where is Jeongyeon?"

Jinri blinked at him and smiled seeing him panic for nothing. "She went out to the back."

Bobby quickly turned going to the backyard. How did he not hear her walk past his room? He saw her standing by the pool just looking down with her arms under her chest. He felt the panic wash away the moment he saw her and just stared for a moment.

He headed toward her placing his hands in his pockets. He didn't know where to start. He thought it would be good opportunity to go but the thought of leaving her after what they have been through?

Is it really worth going?

He wasn't sure.

He wanted to go but he didn't want to be without her for three months.

It felt like a year just thinking about it.

He shook the thoughts away as he got closer to Jeongyeon from behind. He slowly wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her back to him. He hid his face in the crook of her neck giving it a soft kiss. "I'm sorry for the way I sprung that on you."

Jeongyeon didn't say anything. She only kept looking at the pool as the water moved slowly, being untouched.

Bobby sighed in the same spot before picking up his head. He leaned his head behind her ear. "Talk to me Baby. Please?"

The way he spoke to her, in a soft and calming voice made her want to break and tell him not to go. She didn't want him to go. She didn't want him to be away from her for three months. She wanted to plan something special for them this summer together and with friends.

Hearing the news of the summer program in Japan changes everything.

At the table, she had excused herself to go to the backyard and she happened to walk by Bobby's room. As she did, she saw him looking down at the packet going into a deep thought for a second. She went outside and went by the pool to wash away her thoughts if he left.

She knew sooner or later he would find her.

Bobby sighed tightening his grip around her waist. "Jeongyeon, talk to me. I need to know what you're thinking."

Jeongyeon didn't know what to say. She didn't know what were the right words for this situation. It felt like the words were juggling together and mixed not wanting to come out.

"Your answer for me going to this program matters more than my parents. You know that right?" He said into her ear as he sighed. He went down to her earlobe towards the crook of her neck again. The hits of his breath was giving her chills and a sensual sensation.

He is cheating...

Jeongyeon wiggled out from his grip but it didn't work since Bobby chuckled as he knew he was getting his way.

"Come on Baby, talk to me." He said again hoping he would get an answer.

Jeongyeon sighed hoping she could find the right words and say something but the last words she wanted say came out. "I don't want you to go."

Bobby heard the words loud and clear.

She wants me to stay...

He smiled as he placed his chin on her shoulder looking out to the pool as it was glowing thanks to the light under the water. "Then I --"

"But..." Jeongyeon closed her eyes hoping the tears she had been holding back wouldn't show sliding down her cheek. "I don't want to be the one to hold you back from this great opportunity."

Bobby heard her words loud and clear again. "What?"

Being ready to face him, Jeongyeon turned around looking at him with water in her eyes. "As much as I don't want you to go. I don't want to keep you from this either."

He saw the streak of a tear going down her cheek. He cupped her face as another one was forming and getting ready to fall. He it away with his thumb and stared into her eyes. "Baby you're not holding me back. I don't have you go if you don't want me too. I mean sure maybe I'll be passing it up but it's ok. Maybe I'll get another chance."

Jeongyeon shook her head. "What if you don't? We are close to graduating and this could be you're only one. Do you really want to pass it up?"

Bobby didn't know what to say. She had a point, they would be graduating soon and as most people say, 'opportunities come once in a lifetime'. "Do you really think it's ok for us to be apart for three months after everything we've been through? I don't know if I can...I love you... and to be away from you so long? It just doesn't feel right."

"Maybe it's not a good idea for us to be apart for three months but at some point something like this would happen wouldn't it? What if you went to America to see your brother? Do you think my parents would let me go?" She asked him waiting for his reply.

"Of course they would!" He furrowed his eyebrows together. "Baby, your parents and mine are friends and we have been together for a year and five months. What makes you think something like that will keep us apart?"

"I don't know.."Jeongyeon looked down not wanting to keep staring at him. It was going to get harder if she let more tears out as the next words just slipped out. "I just don't want you to look back and regret it."

Bobby picked up her head using his index finger under her chin. "I won't --"

"You should go."Jeongyeon looked up at him despite her tears falling down. "Go and have the best experience there. Learn, have fun and enjoy it. Us being apart for three months might be hard but we can make it work. We can call, text, and video chat. Besides, three months will go by quick."

Bobby shook his head knowing she was only saying that to be strong. "Jeongyeon don't. Don't say those things to me. I won't --"

"Kim Jiwon." She sniffled looking at him in his eyes. "Go the summer program and accept my answer ok?"

He said nothing and only pulled her into his chest.

He held her tightly in his arms protecting her.

He kissed the back of her head before hiding his face in the crook of her neck.

Deep down, Jeongyeon was screaming inside not wanting to let him go but despite her feelings she needed to set them aside and let Bobby go and experience something that came to him. It wouldn't be fair to hold him back.

He has talent, he should show it.

Who knows maybe someday someone will scout him to sign a contract.

Jeongyeon wanted to give him what he deserves.

- - -

No one expected that the pool party would get a bit out of hand.

Junhoe brought over his speaker from home and did Bluetooth to his phone and was the DJ for a while before Yunhyeong showed up with Jisoo. They were blasting music from PSY and were dancing away to Gangnam Style. It was an interesting sight to record which Chanwoo ended up doing before Bobby and Hanbin pushed them into the water.

Jeongyeon laughed seeing everyone have a great time after a long two weeks of nothing but tests leading to the end of the semester.

Summer vacation was going to be the highlight of the next three months for some but Jeongyeon had been getting thoughts to keep her mind busy and thought of taking one class for the next two months. Doing nothing would probably make her go crazy and just think of Bobby being away.

She wanted to be strong and keep her mind focused on anything and not be vulnerable. Expect she didn't mention any of it to Bobby just yet. She wanted him to have this day and enjoy it. By the next week he would be gone for three months.

It will be fine Jeongyeon.

- - -

Bobby nudged Hanbin for a moment tilting his head to the side indicating that he wanted to talk to him alone inside. Hanbin turned going back into the house. Jeongyeon eyed Bobby having their eyes meet for a moment. He smiled and kissed her cheek. "I'll be right back."

She gave him a smile and saw him walk away.

"Hey." Mijoo came to her side along with Myungeun who had been trying to avoid Junhoe from pulling her into the pool. "Are things ok between you both?"

Jeongyeon gave her a confused look. "Why wouldn't they be?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I'm not sure, Jinhwan mentioned that Bobby seemed a bit distracted at times when they were playing a video game the other day."

"We are fine." She gave them a smile but Myungeun frowned knowing she was faking it. "He just... um has something to tell everyone tonight. I don't want to ruin it."

"Are you sure?" Myungeun asked never taking her eyes off her. "You seem bothered by something."

"I'm fine." Jeongyeon told her smiling again. "Don't worry."

Once inside, Bobby headed to his room closing the door behind him when Hanbin entered and sat on his bed. "What's up?"

Bobby turned slowly biting his bottom lip. "I'm going to tell you something and I'm not sure how you're going to feel about it."

Hanbin raised his eyebrows waiting for a second to pass before he smirked. "If you're going to confess to me, please don't. I'm very flattered but we both have girlfriends whom we care and love."

Bobby rolled his eyes letting out a chuckle. "Shut up man, I'm serious."

Hanbin smirked. "Ok what is it?"

Just when Bobby opened his mouth to speak, there was a knock on the door and it slowly opened revealing Chanwoo smiling. "Sorry but Kihyun is here and so is Jennie."

"You invited them?" Hanbin asked Bobby then to Chanwoo.

"Jeongyeon did. Her and Jennie are best friends now. Kihyun and Jeongyeon are cousins. I don't mind we are all on good terms." Bobby said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter