Ten

Under the Same Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence.

It was like that for a while in the hotel room before Bobby sighed closing his eyes and opened them turning his head staring at Jeongyeon who never said a word. The whole car ride was quiet with no words exchanged.

Bobby tired grabbing her hand with his not liking the silence but she wouldn't let him. He knew her reason and he didn't like how they came to the situation they were in. He let her have her way and hoped to fix it all.

"I know you saw the video. Kihyun told me before you arrived." He said hoping for their eyes to meet, but she didn't move.

She kept listening.

"That kiss meant nothing to me. I don't feel anything for her. I love you and you alone." He moved closer to her wrapping one arm around her waist pulling her to him. "I was trying to drink water instead I kept drinking more alcohol than I should and I didn't think she was going to kiss me. Honest."

Tears were still flowing down her cheeks. She pushed them away every time and a few times Bobby tried to touch her but she wouldn't let him. It hurt her knowing she wasn't letting him comfort her or anything.

She was given him a punishment of the silent treatment for now but silence can only go for so long. She closed her eyes swallowing the heavy lump in that was hurting her for the past two hours.

"Jeongyeon please say something..." Bobby sighed kissing the side of her head. "Anything please. I don't like this silence."

She didn't know where to start or what to ask. Her mind was running in circles like a spinning wheel. It was slowly giving her a headache as her heart was pumping fast. She felt Bobby's hand her hair trying to get her to say something to break the silence.

Nothing was working.

"We didn't know she was going to come." Bobby said looking at the side of her face. "She invited herself, I was with Hyunwoo, Taehyung, Matthew, Somin and Jiwoo. We were talking amongst ourselves and she comes into the conversation."

She was still listening to what he was saying.

"I didn't dance with anyone, I had one beer and a half and I told myself to sober up. She was the one who kept giving me more to drink and every time I drank it was a funny taste. But she told me it was water." His heart was racing and he was becoming anxious.

"She was basically manipulating you and you let her." Jeongyeon let the words slip out of . "You know what alcohol does to you?"

"I know but I didn't let her!" He defended himself. "I was getting more buzzed from drinking and no one was around! Matthew went with Jiwoo to the dance floor and Somin went to the bathroom or something and Taehyung and Hyunwoo were somewhere else." He waited for her to say something again. Nothing. "At first I didn't remember anything until I saw the video over and over and it came back to me."

Jeongyeon had a few more tears sliding down. Her heart was starting to break. She closed her eyes just seeing it in her mind.

"She kissed me Jeongyeon! She. Kissed. Me." He defended himself again. "I don't want anything to do with her. I've told her that a few days ago and today! She just can't take a hint."

Jeongyeon opened her eyes letting not wanting to stay silent any longer. "Did you kiss her back?"

Silence.

She sniffled and turned to look at Bobby.

At first he was surprised she finally said something again but it was a question that had crossed his mind but what would be the point to avoid it. He looked away from her and the longer he stayed quiet; Jeongyeon got her answer.

"Oh my god..." She stood up from the soft gray sofa not feeling Bobby's around her any more. "You kissed her back didn't you?"

She turned to stare at him as he was looking at the maroon carpet before looking up at her. "I did... but it meant nothing! It was for maybe eight seconds the least and I felt someone pulling me away!"

Again with her tears falling down nonstop. She covered from not letting out cry. Her vision blurred for a moment before shutting her eyes.

"Look Baby.. I'm sorry.. I --" He took a few steps going to her but she moved back from him. Each of their hearts were twisting in pain neither of them wanted to feel.

"Don't!" Jeongyeon opened her eyes as she moved her hands away from mouth. "In the video I wasn't sure if you did or didn't. I was curious and now I have my answer."

Bobby threw his head back grunting, clenching his jaw and his hands. "You know what?" He opened his eyes staring back at her. "I'm not going to stand here and keep feeling guilty about this!"

In that moment, Jeongyeon felt her heart stop and stayed in her place to listen to what he meant by that. He turned away from her going to the sofa staring at the beautiful city.

He scoffed turning back at her. "None of this would have happened if I never came here! If anyone is to blame it's you!"

Me.

Jeongyeon kept staring at him as her tears stopped flowing down. She kept her head held high clenched her jaw to stay strong until getting everything off their chest was over. One thing for sure, he wasn't wrong.

It is her fault.

She wasn't going to deny it or hide from him.

"You're right, it is my fault." She said with her voice clear for him to hear the words ring inside his ears.

He blinked for two seconds smirking at her with a nod. "Yeah it is. All of this could have been avoided if I just stayed home. But you kept pushing me to come here and look what happened? We started off fine, then lack of communication happened and the one night I go to distress myself I make this mistake and I'm at fault!"

Jeongyeon let him burst out everything he was carrying. She wanted him to vent out first. "Keep going. Let it all out."

He scoffed at her remark. "Ok fine. I'M DONE WITH FEELING GUILTY FOR THIS MISTAKE AND ITS ANNOYING HOW I'M TRYING TO APOLOGIZE AND MAKE YOU REALIZE I DON'T CARE ABOUT HER! ONLY YOU! BUT I'M DONE WITH THIS AND ITS YOUR FAULT I'M IN THIS MESS! YOUR TO BLAME NOT ME!"

Jeongyeon let every word hit her fast like sharp pins being thrown at her. She felt herself tremble as he raised her voice while venting. She closed her eyes for a moment before opening them.

"TELL ME YOO JEONGYEON! WHAT WAS YOUR REASON FOR MAKING ME COME HERE?" He shouted at as he took quick strides to face her face to face. "TELL ME!"

"I DON'T WANT TO BE SELFISH!" She shouted back him as they locked eyes as a thin line of water was blurring her vision yet again. "I DIDN'T WANT TO BE SELFISH BY NOT LETTING YOU COME! THIS WAS GIVEN TO YOU JIWON! I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU LOVE MUSIC AND I COULDN'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM YOU! DESPITE HOW YOU WERE WILLING TO STAY IF I TOLD YOU... I COULDN'T LET YOU REGRET WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN HERE FOR YOU!"

Bobby took a few steps back letting the words slowly register in his mind upon her outburst. "Wh-what?"

Jeongyeon blinked once as she let out a laugh. She wanted to get rid of the tears from falling. "Don't act like you didn't hear me."

He felt shocked at what she admitted and felt his heart racing faster.

"It is my fault for everything that has happened because I didn't want to be selfish from keeping you away from your dream. I didn't care about how I felt because I care about you more! I care about your dream and your happiness! I pushed you to come here and take the experience." She felt another tear sliding down and she quickly pushed it away. "So go ahead and blame me!"

Bobby moved back some more as he felt the back of his legs hitting the sofa making him sit down. He stared at the maroon carpet again before closing his eyes as he placed his elbows on his thighs leaning forward. He put his head in his hand taking in a moment but it went longer.

More silence filled the intense air around the room.

Jeongyeon sniffled as she couldn't hold back anymore tears. She let him vent first and then she admitted the main reason why she pushed him to come. She didn't want to be selfish. She wanted to make him happy despite how she felt. She didn't want him to turn away from this because of her.

Opportunities' come once in a life time.

She couldn't be selfish to take that away from him.

As the tears kept sliding down Jeongyeon took in a deep breath to be clam. "Where do we go from here?"

Her voice was low and quiet enough for him to hear.

"I don't know." Was all he said making her heart drop to the pit of her stomach breaking into little pieces.

Its..its over...

Jeongyeon felt the lump in building as the pain was growing fast and hard wanting to let out a cry. She took a few steps to the table by the sofa. She looked at her bracelet she bought them and slowly rolled them off placing it on the table.

Fast and warm tears were flowing faster not stopping. She averted her eyes to the thin special knot heart ring that was comfortably on her ring finger.

The promise ring he gave her after her accident of not wanting to part ever. Now with what he just said... what would be the point of keeping it on?

She closed her eyes removing the ring from her finger and a low cling was heard on the table as she quickly turned going to the bathroom locking the door and turning on the faucet. She grabbed a clean towel and got inside the tub placing the towel near to cover up the cries she let out.

She felt the pain of her heart breaking more into million pieces as those last words coming out of Bobby's mouth just made everything clear on where they stand. She didn't think it would come to that but if it did, she would have to accept it.

It would be hard but she would have to accept it.

The sound of the water kept running as the cries came from Jeongyeon were muffled into the towel as she cried and cried. Tears never stopped. Her slimly boogers were sliding down but she didn't care. The pain of was hurting as she cried out keeping her eyes closed from all the pain.

She wanted it to stop and go away.

But no one has the ability to turn off their humanity.

She felt knowing she took off her ring that was always on her finger. She only took it off to shower and she would put it back on while going to sleep. She always had it on.

Now that it wasn't on, nothing felt the same.

She felt alone, broken and sadde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter