Rose Red; Chapter 5.

Rose Red [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rose Red: Chapter 5.

Word count: 2750+ (excluding A/N)

“Jae-appa,” Mina muttered as she sat in the back of a cab with Jessica. The elder girl had a hand on her friend’s lower back. Once the cab pulled up outside Seoul Memorial Hospital – Jessica texted Taehun for the name- the elder paid the fair and Dragged Mina towards the reception Desk.

“We are looking for a Kim Jaesung, He would have come in due to a car crash.” Jessica said.

“You’re Jessica from SNSD!” The receptionist said in a state of shock.

“Yes, I am. Now I need that room number.” She said.

“O-oh Yes!” She wrote down the ward name and the room number, handed it to Jessica and that was how Mina got dragged down multiple hallways.

After a short period of silence that was neither uncomfortable or calming, Mina stopped walking.

“Jess-unni, Stay with us please.” Mina said after getting loose of Jessica’s viper like grip.

“Min, Look at me.” Jessica said. The younger tilted her head up, eyes clouded by the mass of tears forming. Mina’s lack of a Motherly touch forced Jessica to stay. “Sure, anything for you.”

Eventually, they made it to the ICU and to Jaesung’s room. Mina ran straight into Taehun’s arms and Jessica saw how Mina became so soft-spoken in front for her fathers, her soft and shy nature coming out more in front of them. Taehun began walking to towards Jessica, pulling the elder girl into a hug.

“Thank you. Thank you for everything, looking out for Mina, for bringing her here and for being her rock when we couldn’t be.” He said.

“It’s no problem, but I need no thanks. I enjoy having Mina round.” Jessica smiled.

“Dad, what happened?” Mina asked.

“The doctors told me that Jae has an Acute Subdural Hematoma. It’s where blood collects on the brain’s surface. They gave him Burr holes. Once these hole in his skull had been created, the surgeons placed rubber tubes into his skull to drain the blood. If it doesn’t heal right then this could be chronic and even if it does heal well he could end up having seizures and inflammation, so when he comes round they will put him on anti-seizure meds and corticosteroids. The symptoms of it being chronic can develop within the first two to three weeks. He’ll have to see occupational therapist and psychologists.” Taehun explained.

“And with the police?”

“Well, they want to blame sleeplessness or him being overstressed. But I have a friend who’s a forensic scientist, I asked her to have a look at Jae’s car and send anything she finds to the police. So hopefully we’ll find something.” Taehun said.

The trio spent the night gathered round Jae’s bed, all silently parying for him to pull through. The first thing Mina realised after getting to work the next day was that the media had figured out that it was her father in the crash. She was called to talk to Chaeyoung and some of the higher ups. From there she was sent to have her hair and make up done and went to adress the reporters.

“As many, if not all of you, know there was a car crash last night that led to one man being injured. The man you see to the left of me in this picture is Kim Jaesung, He is one of my fathers. I do not often speak on the subject of my family as the dynamic is seen to be wrong. I’m adopted and my fathers have been in a homoual relationship since they were young. I may only be seventeen but I trust my fathers deeply. Jaesung currently is in a critical condition in the ICU for an Acute Subdural Hematoma. I would greatly appericate if the media left them alone so that not only can Jaesung recover but Taehun can help with it in peace. To all the Roses out there, both international and national, my lifestyle has been dictated by others until my fathers took me in. please respect both of them and give them space. Now I will take questions.” Mina said.

“Mina! How long have you known your fathers?” One reporter asks.

“They first met me when I was nine. We went on a day out to the seaside, they bought me ice cream and played in the sea with me. It wasn’t until I was 12 that they took me home to a full furnished a decorated room, styled for me by Jaesung due to all their questions about my favourite colours and books and what not.” Mina smiled, thinking back to those days.

“Mina! Will you be leaving Rose Red to help your fathers?”

“No. Before you critise me, both Jaesung and Taehun pushed me to follow my dream of getting where I am now, but due to Jaesung being away from the design game and Taehun’s Bar only bringing in a certain amount of money, I have decied to start doing small shifts at the Seoul Pavillion Hosptial. Rose Red is a full time commitment for me and I have many people around me who will continue to support me. My band mates, Jessica-unni from SNSD, and my school-friends turnt flatmates, Oh Hyurin, Kim Samuel and Lee Soojung.”

“How has being in a homoual houshold changed the way you veiw the world, Mina?”

“I don’t think it has. I asked Hyurin and Soojung in the past how they view the world and regardless of our upbringing and family situations, we all saw the same thing. Too much Hatred. You’d think in a medically advanced country like Korea that find a cure for Homouality would have been chalked down to a purely biological or meantal component and yet, due to relgion, you slander upon things one cannot change about themselves. I’m actually pro-LGBT+ if you ask me. I belive that uality should not stop someone from doing what they love or from marrying who they love. This world needs to be more loving and accpecting towards everyone.”

“Mina, you mentioned how people view your family dymanic as wrong, care to elborate?”

“Simple, There have been cort cases against my fathers. I’m unwilling to speak about what excatly went down with out a legal consult present but I can tell you that in 2013, I made an emeny-as she would put it- and bescause she and her familly disagreed on how my family and I lived our lives there was a legal battle. My fathers won because I am compelling evidence but that’s beside the point. Many court cases were filed against us but that never stopped us from being a family.” Mina said. “Thank you all for this confrence and I do hope that you understand that I only have my fathers best intrests at heart.” Mina said as she walked back into the company.

“Oh Min, come here.” Jessica said, holding out her arms to embrace the younger.

Mina wrapped her arms round Jessica and cried. Isuel, Mya, A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter