Three years and counting

Have we met before?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, just wanted to thank everyone who commented and subscribed, even upvoted ^^, I totally wasn't expecting them so thank you for the interest. Please enjoy chapter 2. 

 

Joohyun awakens to familiar strong arms wrapped around her waist. She turns to see Seulgi holding on to her protectively while nuzzling into her neck. The dark-haired female smiles harder than she has in years, before maneuvering herself over Seulgi's body. Now happily straddling her other half. Joohyun grins before peppering her face with kisses. Seulgi groans at the gesture but doesn't wake.

 

"Good morning, baby." She continues to kiss her cheeks, lips, and finally nose.

 

"Ugh..." Another groan escapes her, no doubt bothered from not being able to continue sleeping peacefully. Joohyun only laughs at her wife's disgruntled face.

 

"Aw, come on sweetie, wake up." The raven whispers huskily. Then with a mischievious smile begins kissing one of Seulgi's ears, watching in amusement as the adorable ears she loves so much begins turning red.

 

"Hyunnie..." Seulgi complains, with warm bright monolids opening to gaze up at her. Joohyun feels her heart throb faster while staring into the eyes she fell in love with years ago. The same striking eyes she still loves, and will continue to keep loving.

 

"Hi, good morning."

 

"Hey," Seulgi yawns. "Why're you so happy this morning?"

 

"You're here." She simply answers and hugs her. The smaller woman on top can hear Seulgi's heartbeat against her ears and it soothes her. Perhaps, the car explosion had been a dream and this was her true reality. The raven can think of no other reality than being with her wife. Seulgi wraps her arms around Joohyun's waist, her back.

 

"Hyunnie, are you okay?"

 

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm much better now that you're here." Joohyun responds by kissing the monolid woman's lips. It was a brief, chaste kiss that got her point across.

 

"Hm." The brunette smiles. "Well, I'm glad to be here."

 

"Me too. Baby, what would you like for breakfast?" Joohyun asks now excited to be able to cook for someone again. She gently caresses Seulgi's cheek. "We can have anything you want."

 

"Anything?" Seulgi grins seductively causing a light blush to cover pale cheeks. 

 

"Yah, after we actually have food, bear." She promises while using Seulgi's nickname.

 

"What if, I..." Seulgi leans up to kiss her wife's lips. "want.." Another soft kiss. "Pringles." She finishes cheekily, ruining the moment between them.

 

"Pabo." Joohyun shouts and pushes Seulgi down to the bed. Only to laugh moments later with her love. She missed the times, in which they could joke around and have fun with one another. 

 

"Okay...okay...seriously, how about pancakes?"

 

Seulgi smiles, eyes disappearing and she can only stare at the beauty that is her wife.

 

"Can we have chocolate chip?" A hopeful request was made.

 

"Yes, anything for you, Seul." Joohyun promises then gets up. "Why don't we go make them together?" She offers her hand. However, notices Seulgi's faltering smile.

 

"What's wrong, baby? Are you okay?" The concern coming from the dark-haired woman washes over Seulgi in subtle waves.

 

"Hyunnie..." She whispers, taking a hold of her hand. "We can't have breakfast together."

 

"Why not?" Joohyun chuckles bitterly. "We always have breakfast together."

 

The brunette suddenly looks serious, before cupping the raven's cheeks in a gentle embrace.

 

"Honey, you know why we can't."

 

That is all it takes for the smaller woman to release a broken sob. Then nods slowly. "Of course, you're not here. I'm only dreaming."

 

When Seulgi attempts to wipe her tears. Joohyun can only bristle at the contact. It is not fair to only see the love of her life in dreams. When all she wants is to hug and kiss her for real. 

 

"No, don't. This ing hurts too much, Seul."

 

The brunette nods. "I know."

 

"No, you really don't. I just want to be with you for real, not in my dreams. Where I can actually feel your heartbeat or kiss your lips."

 

Seulgi holds her then, locking her arms around her waist. Joohyun does not fight the contact this time. It hurts her, but at the same time it feels nice. This brings back some very real memories of being held by Seulgi in their real life.

 

"It'll be okay, Hyunnie. Just trust me."

 

"How can you say that? I'm miserable without you, Seul."

 

"I know you are, but continue to trust me. Everything will be fine." Seulgi plants a kiss on the older woman's lips. "I love you, okay. Time to wake up."

 

"Seul, wait..."

 

"It's time to wake up okay, Joohyun." All she can do is watch Seulgi's now retreating form with tears gently streaming down her cheeks. Even in her dreams they can't be together. Joohyun awakes shortly after to find that she hadn't cried in real life. Sometimes when she wakes up, it's with stained cheeks and puffy red eyes. She likes to think it's because in the dream. She did have the chance to kiss the one she loves. The dreams are often better than the nightmares. She'd prefer them. If only she could wake up to her wife once more.

 

Remembering that she is meeting with her friends motivates Joohyun to start getting ready. She hasn't spent much time with them these days. It is not only because of the fact that she has been in grief for years. The dark-haired woman isn't too enthusiastic about sharing her thoughts surrounding Seulgi's "death". She knows they all think she's just too deeply affected by grief. Although, she explained to Seungwan that she honestly didn't feel as if Seulgi were truly dead.

 

Her heart ached from loneliness without her significant other. But not from grief about her wife being dead. There was no evidence the brunette lived and also no proof

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter