Moon Mina?

Have we met before?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Feels like forever since I updated this, but I promise I haven't forgotten. This is my first story so it's still special to me. And if people still want to read this I'm glad to write for it. Here's chapter 7, and thanks again to all comments, subscribers, and upvotes. It was very nice to see ^^

 

Seungwan, Yeri, and Joy decided that the moment Seulgi, or at least someone who looked like their friend left. They couldn't leave Joohyun alone once she woke up. Their unnie has honestly been on one long emotional roller coaster ride. When she woke up to find Seulgi gone it would certainly hurt her. For a long while after the newly blonde left. It was difficult for the 3 of them remaining to sleep. They ended up sitting up late talking about the earlier events of the day. They had never imagined a reunion with Seulgi to end in the way it had.

 

Seungwan feels too many emotions at what transpired. She's beyond happy to see someone she cares so much for alive. Especially when they all thought she had died that evening. Yet, she feels so confused and honestly hurt by what Seulgi had done. She truly didn't feel at all like their warm, loving bear. Something more had to be going on here. Because the Seulgi she knew would never hurt Joohyun in the way she had. Seungwan also remembers the way she looked at them, or rather through them. Seulgi had spoken to them all as if they were strangers.

 

So, either Seulgi didn't know who they were, this was a person who just really looked like their Seulgi, or she was pretending to not know them. The appearance and voice is much too accurate to not be her though. And Seulgi wasn't cruel in that way to pretend she didn't know them, especially her wife.

 

"Seungwan-unnie, are you okay? Last night was crazy, huh?" Yeri asks as she joins her at the table.

 

"I have no idea what to believe anymore, Yerimie. Nothing made sense last night."

 

"I know, a blonde Seulgi-unnie. It seemed like she really didn't know us at all though."

 

"I would rather that be the case than her not being Seulgi at all."

 

Yeri realizes immediately what Seungwan is getting at. "Unnie, no that can't be possible. Do you know how devastated Joohyun-unnie would be if that were true."

 

"I know. I really want for her to be my best friend. I miss her, but I also can't deny that something very strange is going on here."

 

Joohyun awakes to find herself alone in bed. She looks around for any sign of Seulgi. Last night couldn't have been a dream. She saw and held her wife in her arms before fainting from exhaustion. 

 

"Seul, baby..." She hesitantly calls out. Hoping beyond hope that wasn't another cruel dream. Because if it was it would be no doubt the cruelest one yet. She never gets to really hold her in her dreams. This would be way too much if she actually dreamed it all up. The raven notices that she's wearing her same clothes from yesterday. She jumps out of bed.

 

"Seulgi?" She calls throughout the house to recieve no answer.

 

"Honey are you here?" Joohyun goes downstairs to see Seungwan having just finished making food. Joy and Yeri are all sitting at the table. There is no sign of her now blonde wife. Joohyun still can't get over that she's a blonde now. She needs to ask her about her whereabouts over the past 3 years. Seulgi didn't appear harmed in anyway either, which she hoped meant she wasn't being held captive at any point. One thing that hurts and bothers the raven is how Seulgi kept on lying to her. Seulgi never lies to her. It makes Joohyun believe something or someone was forcing her wife to lie to her. And she needed to find out what that was.

 

"Where's Seulgi?"

 

"Unnie, we don't know."

 

"What do you mean you don't know? She was here yesterday, right? I didn't dream it up?"

 

They can already hear how upset Joohyun is starting to sound. No one wants to drop that bomb and hurt her. But they all know they can't lie to her either.

 

"No. We all saw Seulgi yesterday."

 

The raven exhales a sigh of relief. She wasn't going crazy afte rall.

 

"Then, where is she?"

 

"Joohyun-unnie. When we all got here, Seulgi left almost right after."

 

Joohyun closes her eyes. She can't cry not right now. The thought of finally being with her wife again had been all that kept her going for so long. How is it possible Seulgi would just leave the first chance she got? Nothing feels right about this.

 

"Why did she go? Did she leave anyway for me to contact her?"
 

Seungwan shakes her head in the negative. "Unnie, I need to say this. I spoke to her last night before she left. She didn't seem right."

 

Joohyun blinks. "I know. She kept saying that I was mistaken her for someone else. But Seungwan she was lying. You must know that she was lying."

 

The smaller blonde has to tell Joohyun what she thinks, even if may further upset her.

 

"Seulgi didn't feel like Seulgi."

 

Joohyun shakes her head. "No, you're saying that she's not my wife. I hugged her Wan. I know that she's Seulgi. Why are you even saying this?"

 

"Unnie. We're not trying to upset you." Joy promises. "But Seulgi-unnie was acting really weird. It felt like she had no idea who we all were."

 

"Seungwan is implying that she isn't my Seulgi, though. Wan, she's your best friend. How can you not know her?"

 

If anyone knows Seulgi as well as Joohyun it would be Seungwan. They have always been so intune with one another since they were kids. Which was why when Seungwan spoke to the blonde. It didn't feel as if she was talking to her best friend of so many years.

 

"I know her unnie, just as you do. She is my very best friend in the world. She didn't acknowledge us, not me, Yeri or Joy. She even denied to my face that she was Seulgi. Even when I straight up asked her. Then she left in a hurry."
 

Joohyun's heart aches at the thoughts of Seulgi being out there somewhere. What she needs is to be home with her, especially if Seulgi is in any sort of trouble. Something very wrong is going on here.

 

"Something is wrong. I know."

 

"Unnie? I don't think she knew us for real. If she's our Seulgi-unnie. Then she doesn't remember who any of us are." Yeri admits sadly.

 

The monolid woman has been gone for three years. Perhaps it wasn't an abduction, but memory loss that kept Seulgi away this long. Either way Joohyun needs to find her. Seulgi clearly needs her help.

 

"I have to find her again. So that I can know what happened to her. Why she didn't come back to me."

 

"How do you think to do that? She left and we wouldn't know where to look."

 

Joohyun simply looks determined. Having proof that Seulgi survived is giving her all the strength that she needs.

 

"I'll find her. She's alive just like I said she was. That's all I need."

 

"We can tell Jinri-unnie. She can keep an eye out too."

 

Joohyun knows that she and Seulgi will see one another again. The next time she will not let her walk away without a fight. It has been three years too long already. She misses her too much and needs to be with her soulmate again. They promised each other forever and the raven intends to see that promise through.

 

Seulgi had a terrible time falling asleep that night. All she can replay is what Jessica told her, basically giving her an ultimatum without actually applying pressure. She also sees Joohyun crying, pleading with her and no matter how much she tried to not remember. The raven's face is still in her mind. She has this feeling it will be hard to stay away. The blonde needs to know more. Jessica had been more honest than she had been since she first woke up. But Seulgi needs so much more information. There is so much in her head that doesn't make sense.

 

When she awakes after the little sleep she did have. It's in a cold sweat, and bits of a dream that she can't fully remember. All she knows is there is fire, flames, and dark smoke.

 

"Maybe a dream of the explosion?" she decides.

 

The blonde spends breakfast with Eunbi. Jisoo is off on a joint mission in Busan and won't be back for a few days at most. 

 

"Unnie. I know that you have alot on your mind. Please don't forget that we're all here for you okay?"

 

"Thank you Eunbi. I don't know what to do. Jessica, she gave me an ultimatum."

 

"I know it doesn't seem like it. But she's concerned. You were really badly hurt unnie. For so long we didn't know if you were actually going to survive it or not."

 

Seulgi can understand where Jessica is coming from on her point of view. Seulgi doesn't want to go off dying anytime soon, not after missing three years of her life. She still has so much to do and memories to regain.

 

"Eunbi. Joohyun, she....she also didn't deserve to be lied to."

 

"I know." the brunette nods. She then takes out her phone and shows a picture of a pretty blonde-haired girl eye smiling.

 

"Who is she?"

 

"My girlfriend, Yerin. It was very difficult to lie to her at first. She thinks that I'm just a premed student. She has no idea about any of this, my work." Eunbi adds. "So unnie I do understand why you feel so uncomfortable. Because even if you don't remember right now she's still your wife."

 

"I feel bad." Seulgi admits. "She's heartbroken I could tell."

 

"Yeah. Yet, you also knew that you could lie to her though, if necessary. That's what we all do unnie. We can't exactly tell the people we love that we're agents. Director Jung is right in which people becoming targets is possible."

 

Seulgi does not want for Joohyun to be a target. If someone planted a bomb in her car just to try and kill her. The blonde doesn't want to imagine anything similar happening to the raven.

 

"I'll have to remember how good I was at hiding at plain sight, then."

 

"Unnie. I can't tell you what to do here. Even though I never personally met Joohyun-unnie. You would always show pictures, and the way that you would speak about her. I don't think I've ever seen your smile so bright."

 

Seulgi wishes she could feel anything, a memory or a flash. She doesn't. She feels as if she's a participant in a life she knows nothing about.

 

"Eunbi? There were other people there with her. They knew me. Did I ever mentioning having friends out there before?"

 

"Yea. You talked about your best friend, Seungwan and also younger friends, Yeri and Joy."

 

"That must be them then. Ah," she sighs massaging her temples.

 

"Does your head hurt again?"

 

"Yea. A little."

 

"You should try to rest, unnie. Your eyes look terrible."

 

"Gee, thanks Bi."

 

At that Eunbi pauses, with surprise covering her face.

 

"What's wrong?" Seulgi asks her.

 

"You've always called me Bi. Maybe you're remembering something."

 

"That would be nice."

 

"Unnie. What will you do when you remember?"

 

"I think I'll need to find Joohyun and do my best to apologize. What I did, what I had to do. It's not fair to her."

 

Eunbi hears regret in the blonde's voice. She knows that feeling all too well, leading a double life is never an easy choice. No matter how easy it has gotten to keep secrets over the years. It doesn't make any of their choices regarding the people they love easy or even right.

 

Jinri just about loses her when Joohyun and the girls tell her what happened.

 

"Wait? You actually saw Seul, and she's okay?"

 

"She didn't look hurt." The raven is relieved. "She's blonde now though. If you can keep an eye out for her. She wasn't acting like herself."

 

Jinri doesn't know what to say. It is a relief to know that her friend is alive, but they still needed to find out what happened. This sudden change in behavior could be very problematic and it concerns the young detective.

 

"Unnie. We think that she doesn't remember us, or even herself."

 

"That makes sense if she didn't stick around. Joohyun-unnie I'll let you know if I find her at all."

 

"Thank you, Jinri." she smiles. They all notice that is a genuine smile, more noticeable than it has been in years. Why shouldn't she, even though they had a brief reunion. It was still a reunion nonetheless. She felt and heard Seulgi's heartbeat. It showed that her wife was alive and didn't die in that gruesome explosion. Joohyun couldn't have been more elated to hold her wife again. She wished of course that it had ended on a better note. She couldn't do anything about that right now.

 

"Unnie. What're you thinking?"

 

"I'm thinking about what I'll say when I see Seulgi again. I need to be gentle. I can't have her walk away from me again."

 

"I really hope that she's our Seulgi-unnie." Yeri says, remembering how distant the blonde appeared. Seungwan had a point. She did not feel like their loveable bear.

 

"I'm going out." Joohyun tells them.

 

"What, why?"

 

"She was at the cafe yesterday. It's possible that I could run into her."

 

They all see what she's getting at, even though the odds are not entirely in her favor. It was better than nothing at all.

 

"We can go with you." Joy offers.

 

"I appreciate that. I think I need to go alone. If we're all there it might overwhelm her. I'll call you guys if  I need any help okay."

 

The three nod and wish their unnie good luck. If nothing else she is determined. They only want everything to be okay again. Their group needed their warm, kind loving bear. They just didn't know when such a thing could occur, not after the unfortunate events of last night.

 

"Wan-unnie. Don't worry we'll get Seulgi-unnie back."

 

"I really hope so Joy." even though Seungwan can't stop seeing the cold, distant eyes of the blonde last night. 

 

Jessica finds herself reading through all of Seulgi's latest medical reports. Healthwise there is nothing to worry about. All her vitals look good and physically she is pretty much up to par with prior reports. The intense physical therapy has helped Seulgi get back on her feet fully. The brunette isn't surprised. Her protege has always been focused, determined.

 

She like everyone else hopes their bear will regain her memories. She has been knowing the girl since she was 12 years old. She has always seen Seulgi as family, not just her protege she took under her wings. She personally trained the girl into the agent she became. It is too soon to say if Seulgi will be back to the agent she was. But Jessica still hopes.

 

She had not handled it well when Seulgi's badly burned body had been recovered. It was as if the last shred of light she held onto was being extinguished. So, she literally begged Hyoyeon to initiate the Revival Project and to save her. The first year had been the worst. No one knew if Seulgi would live or die then. Each time Jessica received the code blue alarm, a piece of her would break each time. She often visited the hospital ward from the time burns covered her, until she genuinely started looking more and more like a person again. More like herself again, with clear tanned skin, familiar monolids, round ears and button nose.

 

After that tough first year. It was a waiting game, waiting for more prominent brain waves, reaction to outside stimuli and for those familiar eyes to open once more. She hoped she would have woken to all of her memories, and not unfamiliarity.

 

"Sica? Sica!"

 

"What?" She looks over to Hyoyeon who is handing over with some tea and a plate of food.

 

"I've been freaking calling you for like 5 minutes. What're you thinking about?"

 

"I'm sorry. I just have a lot on my mind."

 

"I can see that. Here, you need to eat." She looks down at the reports before her. "You're looking at Seulgi's medical files?"

 

"Yes. I kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter