Like Soulmates

Have we met before?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thanks again readers who read and reviewed last chapter. I understand a lot of you were uncomfortable by Joohyun’s behavior last time. But honestly I was writing it from the grieving wife who for her nothing has changed. She sees her wife is back and that’s it. I do apologize though if it was that uncomfortable for anyone. Also, I have no idea if anyone even still wants to read this. But if so here is the next chapter.


 

Seulgi, Jisoo, and Eunbi were technically supposed to be on a mission. They’ve been doing certain jobs a lot lately. Always as a trio, because Seulgi is not ready to go alone. They’ve been to banks transferring money to offshore accounts. They’ve planted suspicious evidence that clients asked to be placed in rivals offices. There was even time to check out another organization Jessica was on familiar terms with. Still, it’s been some time and nothing feels resolved.

 

Eunbi and Jisoo were watching the building through hi tech cameras and night vision goggles. Seulgi can’t help but to find this boring though. Clearly this is the more mundane aspect to the job.

 

“It’s so boring tonight.” The purple haired girl sighs.

 

“Yeah, I don’t know why the boss wanted us to scope this building out first.” Eunbi nods.

 

“Are we going to break in?” The blonde wonders.

 

“No, not tonight. She wanted us to observe it first. See what kind of security they have and what not. Unnie, we can go back to headquarters if you’re tired. You look tired.” Jisoo tells her.

 

“Hyoyeon-unnie, has me on some new medication. To help with how lousy I feel, my headaches are better. But it’s taking a while to adjust.”

 

“We just want you to get better, unnie.”

 

“I know, thanks guys.”


 

The trio do end up going back to headquarters. Taeyeon is there to greet them.

 

“Hi, unnie.” Jisoo and Eunbi hug her.

 

“Hey kids, how did it go?”

 

“Good, we saw what we needed to see. Security is really tight, so we’ll have our work cut out for us.”

 

“I’ll go with you. It’s been a long time but you never forget your work here. It’s like a second skin. Kids I’ll talk later, I need to borrow Seulgi for a second.”

 

“Sure unnie. Bye Seulgi-unnie we’ll catch you later.”

 

“Bye, guys.”

 

Seulgi has no has idea what Taeyeon could want. The dark-haired woman offers a smile and asks her to follow. Seulgi honestly can’t get over how similar she looks to Joohyun.

 

“How have you been?” Taeyeon asks.

 

“I feel like my life doesn’t make sense anymore. It hardly feels real.”

 

“Yeah, it happens when you lead a double life. It’s hard to separate at first, but it does get easier with time. You will remember and it will make sense again.”

 

She follows Taeyeon to a huge garage level with so many different vehicles, motorcycles, and the like.

 

“Wow.” The monolid woman whispers.

 

“I know, pretty impressive. You need to be able to get around Seulgi. Just in case you’re ever on your own. So, pick out whichever you like.”

 

There are so many to choose from. All styles and colors of cars. She could do something like Eunbi and her jeep. Or even like a Mercedes. There are so many options. She ends up settling on a black Ferrari.

 

“Nice, I would have thought you go for something bigger. But, you can switch out anytime as the missions allows. Seul, I know you’re going through a lot right now. We’ll do all we can to help you.

 

Seulgi nods, and thanks her. “You saved my life before.”

 

“I did, but I was really in the right place and position to help. None of us would have been okay if you died, and especially not Sica. She has been through enough.”

 

Seulgi gives a nod. She doesn’t remember Jessica well, but from what she can tell. The woman has been through terrible ordeals, losing her wife at the top of the list. Taeyeon notices how Seulgi is staring at her though.

 

“Is there something wrong?”

 

“I’m sorry, you just resemble Joohyun. Do you know her?”

 

“Yeah.” Taeyeon nods. “I met her before, your wife. Before your wedding and then Sica, myself, and all of our friends attended. It was a joke about how I could have been her mother since we do look similar.”

 

“Yeah, you look a lot like her. Um, so then you knew Tiffany too?”

 

Taeyeon wonders if Seulgi remembers Tiffany. She knows she doesn’t have many of her actual memories. But, to speak about Tiffany maybe she does have some memories.

 

“She was my best friend, and Sica’s wife. Why, do you remember her?”

 

“No, just a conversation Jessica and I had and she came up. It seemed she really loved her, and that’s why she was so worried about me seeing Joohyun.”

 

“Yeah, Fany was the love of her life. She’s not been the same since she died. So I know it had to be hard feeling like she was controlling your life, but it’s all because she was worried about you. You are really like a daughter to her Seulgi.”

 

“I feel terrible I can’t remember. I know it hurts her that I don’t.”

 

“Hey, don’t worry so much. You’ll remember, I’m sure. I need to go now, but if you need to talk at any time. You know we are all here for you.”

 

Seulgi thanks her and accepts the keys to the car Taeyeon hands over. She has a ride now, that would make it so much easier to get out. She hasn’t seen Joohyun in a month now. There just hasn’t been any time to go to her, not with all the work they’ve been doing here. Jessica has people tailing her all the time, so perhaps it would be fine to see Joohyun. First though, she should make a stop to Hyoyeon. She has to tell her weekly how she’s feeling under the new medication. The monolid woman heads to the lab where Hyoyeon is normally found. She’s been having certain flashes of being here. Some jumbled up that don’t make sense. Then some more clear, as she sees Hyoyeon checking over her and scribbling notes back and forth. Sometimes, in these flashes Sooyoung is there too. That’s the part she doesn’t understand.

 

Now, as she enters the lab the two doctors are there again. It looks heated whatever they are talking about.

 

“Hyo, trust me here. I know what I’m doing.” The brunette tells her.

 

“I do trust you Soo. I just feel as if everything has gotten so out of hand. We were supposed to be doing something good, and…..” She stops when she notices Seulgi.

 

“Seulgi-yah, hi what’s up?”

 

“Nothing, unnie. I just wanted to tell you how I’ve been feeling. If you’re busy…”

 

“No, we’re done here.” Sooyoung assures. “I’m glad you’re on the way to feeling better Seulgi-yah.”

 

“Thank you Sooyoung-unnie.”

 

The doctors share a look that Seulgi notices. She has after all been trained to take notice of even the smallest of details. Something is for sure up, only what is it?

 

“Seul, sit.” Hyoyeon gestures to the hospital bed.  She does routine checking of her vitals before she asks how she’s feeling.

 

“How’s the new medicine? Is it any better?”

 

“Yeah, my head doesn’t hurt as much. Thank you, is it okay if I ask what’s going on with you and Sooyoung-unnie.”

 

“What?” Hyoyeon looks up. “Nothing, we’re just worried about Sica. She’s shutting down again, and it’s always worrying when she does.”

 

It sounds legit and also believable. Seulgi still has the feeling that there is something more going on.

 

“Is that all unnie?”

 

“Yeah, you don’t remember now but you and Sica both grieved for Tiffany. It’s hard for her now, as she hasn’t properly let her go. She won’t talk about it either. Soo, and I are just concerned for our best friend.”

 

“Do you think she would talk about it with me?”

 

The blonde doctor pauses. It’s worth a try at the least. It might not be well received though, Hyoyeon is never too sure with Jessica and how she’s truly feeling.

 

“Be careful how you go about it. Sica is fragile when it comes to talking about Fany. Let me know you if need me for anything when you do.”

 

“Alright, I’m going to go call Joohyun and ask if she’s free. It would be okay to see her for a bit, right?”

 

“Sure, Seulgi-yah. You can see her whenever you want honestly. The security that’s shadowing you is up to par in all ways. Plus, you also know what to look out for. Training doesn’t go away ever.”

 

“Thank you unnie. I’ll speak with you soon.”

 

Hyoyeon waves goodbye and focuses back on the notes that Sooyoung left her. They were really trying to do a good thing, but like any good thing there is always some sort of negative. Seulgi almost found out too, they need to be more careful where and how they talk.

 

“Damn, this is not good…” She analyzes what the notes say. It doesn’t surprise her however. The side project was never really all that logical in the first place.


 

Meanwhile, Jessica is reading more of what Eunbi, Seulgi, and Jisoo recently recovered. People have been officially crossed out of possible suspects. But, the brunette director has made many an enemy over the years. She fears it will take another big hit before she has official answers. She reaches for her tea to drink it when Sooyoung comes in.

 

“Soo, do you have news for me?”

 

“Sica, the project you wanted done. It’s… really not working out all that well so far. Are you sure that you want to continue on?”

 

The director looks at her with such a look that could strike fear into the heart of most any individual. Sooyoung isn’t any individual though, and those looks don’t work on her.

 

“Soo, this is important to me. Please do all you can to get this done, work with Hyo if you think it’s impossible.”

 

The doctor sighs. “We are all so worried about you Sica, you need to let this go.”

 

“No.” Is all Jessica says while sipping her tea. “I will not let this go. I’m sorry, I know you’re worried. I need this done.”

 

“Sica…”

 

“Hey, what’s going on here? Why so tense?” Taeyeon asks while entering the office.

 

“Nothing, Tae. Soo was just giving me some information. Soo, we’ll talk later on, yes?”

 

“Yeah, we’ll talk later.”

 

Taeyeon just eyes the two curiously, before sitting down across from the director.

 

“So, want to tell me what that was about?”

 

“Nothing, Tae.”

 

“Oh, yeah right. And I don’t love ice cream, what’s with the secrets Sica. I know I’ve been out of the loop for awhile, but we never kept secrets from one another.”

 

“This is personal Tae. I don’t want to talk about it until it’s success is confirmed.”

 

“Sica, I’m your friend. I want to help not only Seulgi-yah, but you too. Will you let me?”

 

Jessica turns her gaze away from her friend. She dares not to let Taeyeon know about this right now. It’s best to keep it close between her, Sooyoung, and Hyoyeon as Taeyeon really would not understand. Her other friends barely understand.

 

“I can’t talk about it now, maybe when it’s ready to be revealed.”

 

“Is it going to hurt you?”

 

“What?” Jessica blinks, at how concerned Taeyeon sounds for her.

 

“Are you doing something that’s going to hurt you further? You’ve been through enough Sica. I know you don’t see it, but you need to one day let this go and put your life back together.”

 

“I hear you Tae, but letting go of the one person who meant everything to me. It’s not easy, and knowing that I did this. That I killed her.”

 

“No.” Taeyeon cuts her off. “You didn’t kill Fany, you need to stop blaming yourself for her death. Please, Sica we are all so concerned about you.” She touches her hand and that surprises the director. Their hands remain joined until Jessica carefully retracts it.

 

“Thank you Tae. I’m fine, I have work to do though. We can talk later.”

 

The smaller dark-haired woman sighs dejectedly. Jessica is not okay, and she is worried about her. She touches her shoulder though, before she turns to go.

 

“People love you Sica, you should try to see that.”

 

The director blinks,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter