Girl on the ledge

Have we met before?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi readers! Back with chapter 5, be prepared for a long read and as always enjoy. Now I know there are alot of secrets but it is necessary for the story itself. Hope that doesn't discourage any of you from continuing to read. Thanks again to all who reviewed, upvoted and subscribed^^. As promised Seulrene will see one another in this chapter. Had to up the rating just in case.

 

A month passes from the time Jinri has agreed to help. But nothing has really come from it yet. Joohyun has locked herself away from, Seungwan, Joy, and Yeri choosing to spend the majority of her time alone. Lately, all her thoughts are consumed with some of the possible theories the young detective came up with. It pains her greatly to think of a possibility that Seulgi might be someone's prisoner. That night after talking with Jinri. She spent it looking through photos of the two of them together. Everything from happy wedding photos of them slicing their cake as a married couple for the first time. Date night selfies at amusement parks. Even, the pictues they'd taken of each other either sleeping, or in other various embarrassingly cute moments. Seulgi was always the cutest to her. Whether she would mistake words, or her adorable reactions to when people were talking to her. The woman somehow managed to exude both iness, and cuteness. Joohyun could never understand it. But always appreciated that about her wife.

 

Despite, seeing all these happy photo, and reliving precious moments through memories that came with the pictures. It didn't stop the tears as well. Seulgi meant absolutely everything to her,  so even if it looked bad or logically there wasn't any reason to hope. Joohyun knew there was no way she'd ever give up. No matter how hard it gets and it was truly only getting harder. The nightmares are more frequent than they ever had been. Sometimes, it is of the car explosion, other times they are always being separated. No matter how hard Joohyun tries to reach her. The raven often attempts to stay awake, so that she can't dream. 

 

This night is no different, as she sits at the kitchen table with a hot cup of coffee. She is writing her thoughts into her purple journal. The past few years, Joohyun has found writing to be helpful, whereas Seulgi had her art, writing has become very therapeutic for the raven. She is dressed once again in clothing that belonged to Seulgi. It's an oversized orange shirt. That looked even bigger on Joohyun's smaller frame. She's always worn her wife's clothes before as it made her feel even closer to the one she loved.

 

"You're always stealing my clothes, Hyunnie." She hears Seulgi's playful voice in her thoughts.

 

"You love when I "borrow" your clothes. Besides, I wash and iron everything. So, I'm wearing it." Joohyun would always defend, only to capture Seulgi's lips in soft kisses afterwards. Even while sitting to reminiscence. The older woman can still feel those soft pink lips enveloping hers. Determined to not cry again. She busies herself with washing dishes. Her phone is ringing again. She has a good idea who it is. So she doesn't answer. Just like she hadn't been answering any calls.

 

"Joohyun-unnie, it's Seungwan, again. Please answer we're all so worried about you. You don't need to deal with everything alone."  Seungwan pauses. "We're going to come by tomorrow to see you. Please don't keep shutting us out."

 

Joohyun does feel bad for unintentionally shutting out her friends. But, all she wants right now is to be alone with her thoughts, dressed in Seulgi's clothes. Yes, they are all her close friends. But no one truly understands what she's dealing with. She and Seulgi should be together right now, planning anniversary trips, going on dates, kissing, cuddling, making love. She misses her so much, and finds herself spending more time in Seulgi's home studio. Her bear spent a lot of time here in this room, and even sitting at her desk, or the comfortable couch inside. Brings her to a sense of peace.

 

Once upon a time, Joohyun didn't want to set foot in there. As thoughts of Seulgi were all consuming. It was especially difficult the first few months after that horrific night. She could only see Seulgi getting in her car and the explosion. But instead of immediate pain the raven feels comforted, like Seulgi's presence is still here in this room. When she enters. She notices a stack of canvases nearby that she hadn't paid attention to before. The petite raven walks over to have a closer look. Pausing, when she recognizes one of the finished sketches on the whiteboard. She smiles, than a small laugh escapes Joohyun as she sees her own image.

 

(Flashback)

 

It had been 6 months since the couple had been married. And according to everyone they were still very much in their honeymoon phase. Although, Joohyun felt as if they were always in such a stage, even before their wedding. The raven feels arms wrapped around her waist. Before being pulled into a very familiar kiss by the soft pink lips she grew addicted to.

 

"I love you a lot, Hyunnie." The brunette smiles.

 

"I would hope so." Joohyun teases. "Otherwise we probably shouldn't have gotten married."

 

"Yah, that's not funny. I can't imagine not being married to you."

 

Joohyun feels her heart skip a beat. "Me too, Seul." They share another kiss before Seulgi pulls away first, looking very excited.

 

"Are you ready to pose for me?" She grins.

 

"Always. Where do you want me?"

 

And so the smaller woman sat on the couch with a sheet half draped over her body. Seulgi just takes to sketching, smiling every so often.

 

"What are you smiling about over there, ert bear?"

 

"Me, the ert?" Seulgi feigns being insulted. "Who's the one who wouldn't stop grabbing my left and right while we dated?" She teases to which the raven smiles then blushes some.

 

"Well, I don't deny that. But what are you over there gawking at. You've seen it all already many times." She gestures to creamy pale skin and pretty pink s. Seulgi's face turns bright red and Joohyun can only laugh at her cuteness.

 

"Oh, Seulgi-yah."

 

"I'm staring because you're just so beautiful, Hyunnie."

 

"That's my cheesy bear. Does it look okay?" She refers to the drawing.

 

"Yea..you're perfect, my muse." The artist adds in a thoughtful whisper and Joohyun didn't know she could blush as hard and often in one evening. Even after all this time Kang Seulgi never failed to make her turn into a blushing schoolgirl getting complimented by her crush. And she hoped that would never change.

(End)

   

She traces her fingers across the finished sketch. She had never seen it in its finished form until now because Seulgi refused to show it. She said something about it not being complete. Joohyun disagreed, she'd never seen herself look more beautiful in a drawing before. Seulgi always had a way of making her feel beautiful without even trying.

 

"Seul, you have to come home to me. So, that you can continue these sketches."

 

"Kang Seulgi....Kang Seulgi....Kang Seulgi..." Is what the blonde thinks in her head repeatedly. Trying her best to feel anything regarding the name, or it's importance. She sighs in frustration, running her fingers through thick locks. In the time span of a month she has seen more of Eunbi and Jisoo. They visit often, even sharing meals, and showing her cool things about their workplace. Such as the outdoor and indoor pools, as well as the fully stocked, well equipped staff lounges, and company restaurants. She notices however friendly they both are. They give very vague answers. That without fail always match both Jessica and Hyoyeon's responses.

 

Dr. Kim always spends time with her, running tests after tests, and supervising her physical therapy. She promises that more information will be given to her. But Seulgi feels like she has no answers, and only questions. She has also seen her face in the mirror, and it is an identical match with the brunette in the photos, minus of course this newly blonde hair. Yet, feels absolutely nothing upon looking.

 

"Seulgi-unnie, it looks really good, though." The purple-haired Jisoo told her after they met the second time. Eunbi had agreed readily.

 

"I was a little taken aback at first. Since, you've been brunette for so long. But it does look cool."

 

Seulgi decides that even though they are both not being completely honest with her. She does like them and finds herself enjoying the company. Jisoo is fun and off the wall. Eunbi has a savage comment for almost everything but seems a good kid. She knows that it is because of Director Jung they can't tell her much. There is a sense of comfortability when they eat lunch together or tour the building.

 

"Don't worry, gomdori-unnie!" Jisoo told her one evening. ""Eunbi-yah and I will help you until you remember everything."

 

"Gomdori?"

 

"Yes, you saw your face right? You look just like a cute teddy bear."

 

Seulgi hadn't paid much attention, only nodded in response to what had been said. Now, as she sits in the lounge sipping on orange juice, and having a snack. She remembers what happened right after she fired the gun.

 

Jessica looked pleased, or as pleased as her facial expression would allow. "You're Kang Seulgi, and you're on the way back to us."

 

"Kang Seulgi." The blonde repeats. 

 

"I know that you don't remember. Hyoyeon tells me that this is temporary."

 

Seulgi however gazes around the room, taking in the sights. It looked like some sort of practice room for war honestly. With the amount of weapons and target practice dummies.

 

"Why is there a room like this? What is it that you do?"

 

The brunette is gazing down at her with an unreadable expression. It makes Seulgi feel suddenly smaller than she is.

 

"Our line of work is often very stressful. We have rooms such as these, for stress relief purposes." She sounded very professional, and it most certainly was a lie.

 

"You're lying to me." Seulgi says.

 

"Yes I am." Jessica agrees without blinking an eye. "I don't enjoy keeping you in the dark, but for now it's necessary. I don't want to risk overwhelming you. Not until you've recovered more."

 

"So, if I heal you'll be honest."

 

"When Hyoyeon tells me you can handle more. Then I'll tell you. It's not in our relationship to hide information from one another."

 

Seulgi can only take her word for it, even if she doesn't quite know what to make of the brunette. She seems so complex like there are many layers to her that Seulgi needs to figure out in order to understand.

 

"Fine, then I'll get better." Seulgi decides.

 

"I know you will." Jessica sounds sure. '"I need a favor from you, however."

 

Monolid eyes blink curiously. "What sort of favor?"

 

"You will eventually be up and able to work again, hopefully. Which means you'll be outside in the streets of Seoul. I need for you to be careful and not reveal who you are to anyone."

 

"Wait, why? That makes no sense. Why do you want me to hide who I am?"

 

"Trust me for now. It will be for the best."

 

"Then, what happens if someone recognizes who I am?"

 

"I'm not worried about that. You're very good at hiding in plain sight."

 

From that day on, Seulgi's interactions with Jessica were limited. That one conversation left her wanting more answers than ever.

 

"Seulgi-unnie. There you are." Jisoo speaks while entering the room, followed by Eunbi.

 

"We were looking for you, unnie. Why didn't you call to tell us that you were hungry?" Eunbi notices the snacks laid out before the blonde.

 

"It's fine. I didn't want to trouble either of you."

 

The purple-haired female sat first. Followed by the brunette. "It's no trouble at all. We're friends, unnie." Jisoo reminds her.

 

Seulgi nods. "I feel bad. That I can't remember you both. You've been nice to me."

 

"You'll remember, unnie. Dr. Kim promises, and she's the best."

 

Seulgi finds herself feeling grateful to Hyoyeon. Not simply because the blonde doctor is responsible for saving her life. But for her continued kindness. Despite, the constant testing and lab work. Hyoyeon's off the wall humor and gentle words seemed to settle her.

 

"Dr. Kim is nice. I just wish she'd tell me more. I still don't know how I was hurt."

 

"Don't be upset with, Hyoyeon-unnie. She also reports to Director Jung, just like any of us."

 

Seulgi nods then looks over to Eunbi, who is busy eating away at chips. "You look like her...Director Jung."

 

Jisoo bursts out into laughter while Eunbi gives her a glare that should make anyone freeze in fear. Only Jisoo isn't anyone and instead comments on how cute Eunbi's glare is.

 

"I know, right. It's so freaky how much our, Eunbi-yah looks like our boss."

 

"Well, she is my mother." Eunbi shrugs nonchalantly.

 

"I freaking knew it!" The purple-haired female shouts.

 

"Yah, you kids!" They see Hyoyeon dressed causally in a blue blouse and beige cargo pants. It's certainly a sharp contrast from her usual lab uniform.

 

"Eunbi-yah, stop spreading lies. Sica is no more your mother than I am."

 

"Well, she could be you never know."

 

"Oh Hyoyeon-unnie. You look nice in casual clothes. Join us?"

 

Hyoyeon grabs a cup of tea first from the counter before sitting down with everyone. "Seulgi-yah, how are you feeling?"

 

"Better. I still have headaches sometimes. I feel fine, otherwise."

 

Hyoyeon agrees as so far all lab work and blood work has turned out normal. As a doctor first, Hyoyeon is certainly relieved that Seulgi has progressed so well, in such a short amount of time. However, as a friend it disappoints her that Seulgi doesn't remember anyone. She feels as if she's failed somehow.

 

"Dr. Kim..." Seulgi starts. "I'm doing a lot better. I can walk on my own, and I don't really need assistance. Can you tell me anything more?"

 

Eunbi and Jisoo both turn their gazes on the doctor. They too want to be able to be more honest with Seulgi.

 

"Well I won't know what you can handle if I don't begin to fill you in."

 

"Jeez, finally." Jisoo breathes out with Hyoyeon looking at her.

 

"Jisoo?"

 

"I'm sorry, unnie. But, Eunbi and I really want to be able to tell Seulgi-unnie more."

 

"I understand that kid. But you deal with HellSica. Then come talk to me."

 

"Director Jung isn't that bad, unnie."

 

"What! Kid, I don't get you sometimes. It's like you actually enjoy staring death in the eyes."

 

"Well, yea. But I think you're just scared."

 

"What the hell you little brat!" 

 

So the bickering ensues. Seulgi feels Eunbi taking a hold of her arm. "Let's get away from the crazy unnies shall we?"

 

Seulgi readily agrees following behind the brunette. She does look back though, slightly worried that an actual fight might break out. "Will they be okay?"

 

"Yea, Jisoo-unnie is kind off crazy, and if anything, Hyoyeon-unnie can shoot her with a tranquilizer. Let's go you've never been to the roof yet, have you? The view is pretty."

 

Seulgi takes notice of the black book bag slung over her shoulders. "Did you come from school?"

 

"Sort of." Eunbi answers as she waits for the elevator that will take them up to the very top. "We have get togethers sometimes up there. Without Director Jung, of course."

 

"Are you sure she's not your relative?"

 

"We're not related, but she's like a mother to me, honestly."

 

Seulgi wonders how old Jessica is. She honestly looks to be in her late 20s so does Hyoyeon. Although, looks can be decieving.

 

"Um, how old is Director Jung?"

 

Eunbi just laughs out loud, eyes crinkling in amusement. "Old as time itself, how the hell should I know." She jokes. "Nah, she's like nearly 40. If you can believe. Hyoyeon-unnie too, but don't tell them I said that okay." 

 

When the elevator finally stops the first thing Seulgi can see is the gorgeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter