I'm your Hyunnie, Your Baechu

Have we met before?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi everyone, just really wanted to thank everyone who commented, the reviews were interesting and so repsonsive to the story. When I first wrote this I didn't imagine it would be so well recieved. When we last left off it was pretty intense, so here we go picking up right where chapter 5 ended.

 

Seulgi can only stare down at this woman holding on to her so tightly, like she's terrified to let go of her. The blonde recognizes her from the cafe. She really doesn't know what to do right now. Who is this woman? Seulgi soon feels her jacket being stained, with tears as the raven is buried into it.

 

"I love you. I love you. I love you." The woman whispers, like a mantra. "Please god let this be real."

 

Seulgi blinks. "What in the is going on?"

 

Now that Joohyun is finally holding the woman she loves in her arms again. She can't bare to let her go. She really doesn't even want to stop hugging Seulgi. Slowly but surely she does pull back some. So that she can get a good look at her beloved's face. There are the same familiar brown monolid eyes, adorable button nose, cute round ears, and beautiful pink lips. Joohyun smiles through her tears as she takes a lock of newly blonde hair between shaking fingers.

 

"You're blonde, baby."

 

"What?" Seulgi doesn't know what to say to her.

 

Joohyun smiles. "I knew you were alive. I know that I probably sounded like I was crazy for holding on this long." The raven laughs lightly. "I didn't know when or how but....we'd be together again, Seul. I knew that we would be."

 

She hugs her again, tightly. Seulgi finds a part of her brain calculating and observing the petite woman. She doesn't appear to be a threat, but the part of Seulgi's mind that has been trained specifically for analyzing, observing is currently running rampant. It overwhelms her, and she feels as if she's suffocating, and it has nothing to do with how tightly Joohyun is holding on to her. For Joohyun, hearing her wife's heartbeat so strong, so alive is allowing her to feel vindicated in her feelings. Seulgi was indeed alive, as she had tried to tell everyone.

 

"Seulgi-yah, please say something, anything." Joohyun asks. Seulgi doesn't so the raven closes her eyes, simply listening to her heartbeat. It is comforting to know that her wife is alive and here with her.

 

"Joohyun-unnie."

 

"Unnie!"

 

There are voices, coming closer and Seulgi's eyes snap up to see the other three women from earlier.

 

"There are more of them."

 

"Joohyun-unnie I..... holy ." The shortest blonde's mouth drops when seeing Joohyun, specifically who she's holding on to.

 

"Seulgi-unnie!" Both the second blonde and redhead shout out in surprise. They all look, well quite honestly like they have seen a ghost. Seulgi is left feeling that they were not expecting to see her. She feels as if she probably isn't supposed to even be standing here, with all the looks being thrown her way.

 

"They all know who I am, no one seems like an immediate threat."

 

Seungwan, Joy, and Yeri can only stare at what has always been a familiar sight. Joohyun clinging on tightly to Seulgi, and it certainly looks like their own, Kang Seulgi. The familiar monolids, round ears, button nose, check. Everything else looks in order such as, height and correct build. Minus of course the new addition of blonde hair. What is unusual though is, Seulgi is not holding Joohyun back. She is as stiff as a board and is making no moves to wrap arms around the raven. In fact, she is staring at them all with the most blank, empty expression.

 

"Unnie..." They address Joohyun first.

 

"I told you, all of you, that Seulgi wasn't gone. None of you would believe me."

 

"No unnie it wasn't that. We didn't believe you."

 

"It doesn't matter, not anymore. The only thing that matters is that she's here."

 

Joohyun gazes up into her wife's face. "I have so many questions, Seul...I can't even begin. I'm just so very grateful that you're alive."

 

Seulgi thinks back to what Jessica and Hyoyeon had told her. She had been badly hurt. This woman, Joohyun is talking to her as if she were believed to be dead. The stories are beginning to connect. Everyone is waiting on bated breath for Seulgi to speak. It has been three years since they were able to hear her voice. They want her to speak, to say anything at all. What the blonde does end up saying. Isn't anything they would expect from their warm, loving bear.

 

"Could you please let go?" Seulgi sounds so uncomfortable that it startles the raven.

 

"Oh. I'm sorry. Did I hug you too tightly?" Joohyun chooses to ignore the discomfort in Seulgi's tone. It is not lost on Seungwan, Yeri, or Joy.

 

"Seulgi-unnie, can we ask where you've been?"

 

"It's been three years. Seul."

 

"Three years." Seulgi thinks. "They know me, and have been waiting for three years." The blonde then remembers what Jessica's warning was. "So much for being able to hide in plain sight."

 

The blonde moves easily out of Joohyun's grasp. She bends down to collect her bag of essentials. It startles her that a part of her brain, even calculated what to do if she needed to use anything in the bag. The possibility of harming four people worries her. No, she couldn't hurt them, although she knew that she could. She begins to see what Jessica meant. Training is instinctual. It must be embedded, instilled in the mind, body and soul.

 

"I'm sorry, but I think you are mistaken."

 

Joohyun looks horrified at what Seulgi says. Surely she couldn't have heard Seulgi just say that she's mistaken. The raven knows that she must have heard wrong. "W-what, what are you saying, Seulgi? I'm not mistaken."

 

"Then, you're confusing me for someone else."

 

Joohyun's eyes are wide with both hurt and confusion. "You're lying. Why are you lying Seulgi?" Because not only does the blonde look like her wife. It is also her voice. The raven knows that voice all too well. She has stared into those same eyes, and kissed those lips too many times to not know it's her love. Seulgi doesn't speak again. She only places the bookbag on to her back. Then looks back over to the raven.

 

"Miss. I'm sorry, but you are really mistaken."

 

Joohyun flinches at Seulgi calling her miss. "Miss..." Her tone sounds lost.

 

"Your friends are here now. Maybe you should go with them."

 

"We're your friends too, Seulgi-unnie." Yeri says it so sadly that Joy hugs her in order to try to comfort the youngest. Without saying more, Seulgi turns to leave only Joohyun grabs her hand.

 

"Seulgi, stop it's me...Joohyun, your Hyunnie..." She is crying even harder and it hurts everyone standing around. "Baechu." She is grasping at straws, throwing nicknames out desperatetly. She hoped for a reaction, any reaction. Anything at all, but not the one she receives.

 

"I think that I remind you of someone you know. That explains your reaction to me. Now, please let go."

 

"No." Joohyun says as strongly as she can, despite feeling as if she could collapse at any point. "I'll never let go of you. Is someone forcing you to lie to me? To pretend that you don't know who I am? Where have you been Seulgi?" her voice is ripe with emotions, pain, confusion and desperation. Seulgi has no response for her when she feels the cellphone Jessica gave to her ringing in her pocket. She answers.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Seulgi, you need to leave the people you're with right now." It is Jessica on the other end. She sounds emotionless, cold, strict and will not take no for an answer right now.

 

"How'd you..."

 

"Are you not with four women? Two blondes, a redhead, and a dark-haired woman, who has yet to let go of you?" 

 

The descriptions are too spot on for them not to be being watched right now. Seulgi swallows the nerves building up in the pit of her stomach. She's definitely being watched. So, she looks around for any signs of someone nearby that looks suspicious in any way.

 

"You'll find no one, stop looking. Just leave, make up any excuse and come back here. We'll be waiting for you in the 5th floor boardroom."

 

"But boss." Her words are leaving her before she can stop them. It feels like she has probably said this before to the brunette director. "How do you suggest that I do that?" Seulgi knows they are all looking at her with questioned gazes and it makes her very uncomfortable.

 

"You never had a problem lying before. Don't act like you can't. We'll be waiting." Jessica disconnects the call before speaking any further. Seulgi feels all four pairs of eyes on her. She definitely needs to go.

 

"Who was on the phone, Seulgi?" Joohyun questions.

 

"I have a very demanding boss. I need to go Ms..."

 

"Joohyun." She corrects. "Mrs. Kang Joohyun."

 

It is then that Seulgi notices she is indeed wearing a wedding ring. "This woman is....is my wife?" It made sense giving her very intense reaction upon seeing her.

 

"I apologize, Mrs. Kang." Seulgi says effortlessly. "I must remind you of someone. I have that sort of face." the lies are pouring like wine now. Joohyun feels very unsteady on her feet, nearly stumbling when Joy and Seungwan hold on to her.

 

"Why..." She breathes uneasily. "Why are you lying to me? You don't have one of those faces. You're my Seulgi..." Her voice hoarse from her tears. "I would know you anywhere. Even if I couldn't see or hear you. I'd feel you and know it was really you. I promise I won't get upset.... please just tell me what happened to you? Someone....must have taken care of you....I can....I can thank them."

 

"Joohyun-unnie." Seungwan begins. "Maybe we should go?"

 

"No. I can't leave now. I can't leave when she's finally so close to me." Joohyun then focuses all her attention on to Seulgi. "Yeobo.... please...." The raven cries out in such broken affection that it does strike a nerve in the blonde. Joohyun nods to Joy and Seungwan assuring them she's fine. Then with shaky steps she makes her way over to Seulgi.

 

"I want answers. Please talk to me, Seulgi."

 

"You and me both."  

 

Joohyun feels so drained, so tired. Seulgi doesn't answer her and Joohyun loses her footing, and stumbles. Seulgi leans forward immediately to catch her before she can hit the ground.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

"Y-yes... just tired. I..." She weakly falls into Seulgi, eyes slowly closing. Seulgi doesn't give anything away. Her face blank, as she carefully picks her up into her arms. The blonde looks down at the raven who appears so weak and frail, light in her arms.

 

"Where does she live?" Seulgi questions with the others looking at her just stunned. What in hell was going on here?

 

Hyoyeon enters the boardroom to find Jessica sitting with an open bottle of brandy before her. It has been such a long time since the blonde doctor has found her best friend drinking.

 

"You're already drinking, Sica? Without me at that." The doctor hurries over to grab a glass for herself.

 

"I have a lot on my mind, Hyo."

 

"Yea. I know. Seulgi found Joohyun, or maybe Joohyun found her. It sounds like an epic love story if I ever heard one."

 

Jessica frowns. "I told her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter