She's not ready

Have we met before?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Today is my Aff anniversary and I just wanted to post this in celebration of that and before I go away on a hiatus. This site is just so toxic for me and I need to get better emotionally after some time away. Please enjoy chapter 13.


 

Jessica did not speak a word to Taeyeon the entire trip back to Seoul. Even when they arrived safely back to headquarters. The director silently grabbed her overnight bag, and went to her office. Taeyeon could only think that Jessica is upset at herself. She hates appearing weak for any reason, and the other night had been difficult. Taeyeon can only hope she’s okay, and will talk to her soon. Jessica doesn’t speak to anyone for hours. Not even to Sooyoung or Hyoyeon. Both whom were worried about their friend. They spend most of their time in the underground labs, or so they try. Taeyeon insists to talk to them.

 

That’s why the friends are having lunch together. The dark-haired woman can tell something is going on with them, even more so than usual. She needs them to share with her what’s going on.

 

“Tae, how did it go in Jeju?”

 

“Did you guys find out anything?” Hyoyeon asks.

 

“No, Boa-nim didn’t want to share much. I think we should be focused on Sica now. She wouldn’t talk to me.”

 

“We’ll talk to her soon. Just give her some space for now. Anyway, I need to get back to work. I’ll see you guys,” Sooyoung waves first and leaves. But not before sharing a look with the blonde.

 

“What’s going on?” Taeyeon wonders. “Tell me something, Hyo. You guys are hiding things.”

 

“Tae, listen. It’s complicated. Sica is the one in charge. You have to ask her if she wants to tell you more about the project. Anyway, I have to go too. Get some rest or something. You look exhausted.”

 

Taeyeon sighs. Perhaps she’ll have to go talk to Jessica soon. Meanwhile, Seulgi is able to speak to Eunbi. The younger girl explains that she can certainly disable the cameras in the office. But it would be temporary, and on top of that they would need to have some sort of diversion. At least to buy Seulgi some time.

 

“Hey, unnie? Why do you need to do this?”

 

“Because, Bi. There’s something weird going on here. I need to find out what.”

 

“Okay, whatever you need. Jisoo-unnie will help too, if anyone is good at causing a scene it’s her. We shouldn’t try this now, though. A good time would be really late at night when things are a bit quiet. I’ll let you.”

 

“Thanks, Bi. I’m going out. But if anything comes up. Call me?”

 

“Sure, unnie. Talk to you later.”

 

Seulgi has plans to meet Joohyun for lunch. She asked if it was okay if their friends come too. The blonde was a bit hesitant to be honest. She isn’t comfortable with anyone else. She’s slowly getting more comfortable with her wife. But that’s a different story. Still, Seulgi agrees and said she would be there to meet at the restaurant Joohyun have directions for.

 

“I hope this isn’t going to be as awkward.” The monolid woman sighs. Then leaves headquarters to go meet everyone. Joohyun doesn’t appear as anxious as she was the previous time they all met Seulgi.

 

“Unnie, how has she been?” Joy wonders.

 

“Yes, and how are you, unnie?” Yeri asks.

 

“She agreed to come right, and she knows we’re going to be here too?” Seungwan checks again. The raven assures them that Seulgi seems to be doing fine overall. She also knows that they’re going to be here.

 

“I think today will go well, guys. Let’s try to think positively.” Joohyun tells them. The friends agree that they will all try to have a positive mind. Before Seulgi shows up. She did a bit of mini surveillance on the restaurant. There was an outdoor area as well as indoor. She doesn’t see anyone suspicious either. Well at least not so far. She taps her ear piece.

 

“Jichu, Bi, keep eyes on the restaurant. There’s nothing going on now. But you guys remember what happened the last time I was out with them.”

 

“Don’t worry, unnie. We’re watching your back.” Jisoo assures.

 

“We’ll warn you if anything.” Eunbi lets her know. The blonde sighs and runs her fingers through her hair. She is wearing very casual black top, and denim destruction jeans. She doesn’t have a gun but there is a blade strapped to her leg. She enters the restaurant and is guided to where everyone is seated.

 

“Seul, hi. You came. How are you?” Joohyun wonders first as she gets up to hug her.

 

“I’m fine, thank you. How are you all?” She politely asks.

 

“Hi, unnie. We’re okay,” Joy begins.

 

“It’s good to see you,” Yeri assures her.

 

“Hi, Seul. Thank you for coming to meet us,” Seungwan lets her know. Seulgi nods and has her seat. The food sounds good. But she isn’t so hungry. She just orders enough dumplings, and stew to make it seem like enough food. Everyone wonders what they can talk about. Her friends especially haven’t seen her since that time when Hyoyeon pulled a gun on her.

 

“Seul. I know it’s probably not right to ask. But have you remembered anything?” Seungwan wonders. She misses her best friend and does want her back. Seulgi runs her fingers through her blonde locks.

 

“There are fuzzy moments where I’m not sure if what I’m remembering is true. I’m sorry.”

 

“That’s okay. You’ll get your memory back. If Hyoyeon-unnie is taking care of you. She’s a good doctor.”

 

“Yeah,” Seulgi nods and takes a sip of her tea. This lunch isn’t as awkward as the previous. Seulgi just feels like she shouldn’t be here. There are things going on at headquarters, and she needs to know.

 

“Unnie, you hardly ate anything.” Joy points out.

 

“I’m not hungry.”

 

“You should really try to eat more,” Joohyun worriedly picks up the chopsticks to feed her. Seulgi does eat, mostly to appease her. She wonders how much longer should she spend with them.


 

Jessica sat in her office again reading the papers. The information didn’t make sense. It looked legit with all the right facts. But there was something off about it. She called Sooyoung and Hyoyeon to her office. She wanted their opinion on the information in the document. The doctors get there in a hurry. They see their friend with coffee in hand, and looking as if she hasn’t sleep for days.

 

“Sica, this information can’t be right.” Sooyoung begins.

 

“Yeah, there’s just no way. I mean it looks legit, but anything can be forged.” Hyoyeon as well takes another look at what the documents say.

 

“I know,” the brunette nods. “Still, call Taeyeon here now.”

 

They do, and the raven looks confused at first as to why she’s here. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon both look neutral. Jessica has her poker face on as she hands her the document.

 

“This is a joke.” Taeyeon laughs. “Sica, you know I wouldn’t have hurt Seulgi. I helped her while she was a trainee here.”

 

“Tae, we know,” Sooyoung nods. “We do believe you. It’s just these documents and information. To the untrained eye it looks so authentic.”

 

“Boa-nim is sending you on a wild goose chase.”

 

Taeyeon is just looking at Jessica. The brunette isn’t giving anything away. The dark-haired woman has to know if Jessica believes her. She must know that she would never have anything to do with what happened to Seulgi. There would be no reason for her to bring harm to the girl.

 

“Sica, you believe me, don’t you? I wouldn’t hurt Seulgi.”

 

Jessica doesn’t speak but she nods. She does trust Taeyeon. This woman has been there with her during missions and watching her back. She knows Taeyeon wouldn't intentionally hurt Seulgi.

 

“I know. This information is very believable. But I know you.”

 

“Thank you. We need to find the truth now.”


 

After lunch, Seulgi ended up walking around with everyone. They go to what is the Han River, and Joohyun has a hold of her hand. Their friends are ahead of them. Trying to give the two some space. Seulgi has the feeling she’s been here before. But can’t say when or why.

 

“Have we been here before?”

 

“Yes,” Joohyun nods, and gives her hand a squeeze. “We have a spot here we used to come to. Do you want to go see it?”

 

“Yes, I’d like to.”

 

Joohyun tells their friends she is going to take Seulgi to their spot. They wait for them, and the raven leads them to what has been their spot. They used to come here to talk and enjoy each other’s company. She sits down and tells Seulgi to sit too.

 

“When we were dating. You and I would come here a lot, and even after we were married. We would still come here.”

 

“I’m sorry,” the blonde sighs. “This must mean a lot to you, and I can’t remember anything.”

 

Joohyun can see she’s getting frustrated and so she tenderly touches her face. She has to keep reminding Seulgi that things will be okay.

 

“Hey, don’t worry, Seul. I know it’s hard for you. But you have to let yourself have a break. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Everything’s going to be okay.”

 

Seulgi doesn’t know how it is that Joohyun can still be so positive. She thanks the raven, and soon they’re heading back to where their friends are waiting. She knows when she gets back she needs to talk to Jessica. Back at headquarters, Jessica is spending time in her room that’s attached to her office. There’s a piano where she plays sometimes. It’s been a hard few days. Things are only getting down difficult, and not better. The brunette sighs as she mindlessly hits keys.

 

Her mind isn’t right for this. She just feels like curling up in bed and staying there. There’s many things going on in her head at once, and she can barely focus as it is. She has called the private investigator team to have them keep an eye on Boa. She knows something, and purposely gave her false information. Jessica will deal with whatever comes accordingly. The goal hasn’t changed she will find whoever has done this to Seulgi, and they will pay. Just like the people who were responsible for what happened to Tiffany.

 

Seulgi doesn’t stay long with everyone. She says she needs to go. But will be in touch with Joohyun for another visit. The raven reluctantly lets her go. She really hopes one day Seulgi can tell her more about what’s going on. Everything is so secretive, and once upon a time they had no secrets. It leaves Joohyun wondering about how much Seulgi must have kept hidden from her before. She needs to sit her down and talk about this. There is certainly more going on. When Joohyun gets home the first place she goes is her art room.

 

At first glance it is just a basic room. There doesn’t seem to be anything out of the ordinary. But Seulgi spent a lot of time here. This room could have answers. She just doesn’t know where to begin. The room really does look like any art room. One full of paint, brushes, tools, and canvases. If only Seulgi had more of her memories. Then things would be a bit easier.

 

“Something was going on with you, honey. There’s no way there’s not something more.” She thinks as she taps her fingers against the desk. Joohyun wonders if she should just wait for Seulgi to return. This might be an issue they should discuss together. Seulgi gets back and asks if Jessica is available. The brunette decides she will talk to Seulgi, although she isn’t exactly feeling like talking. She greets her with a nod, and offers her some tea.

 

“What brings you by?” Jessica wonders.

 

“I heard you left town. Did you find anything that helped?”

 

“No, but that’s not why you’re really here. What do you want to talk about?”

 

Seulgi has always had the feeling that Jessica knows pretty much everything. She says things without saying sometimes, and has this eerie way of saying what the other person is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter