I am Kang Joohyun

Have we met before?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello readers, thank you so much for the comments and interest still. I am back with chapter 9. Let’s join Joohyun meeting up with her wife. I hope this will be enjoyed as well.


 

Joohyun finds herself both excited and very nervous as she sits with her friends, awaiting Seulgi’s arrival. They decided to meet at a BBQ place, that they frequented often in the past. Only of course Seulgi doesn’t remember any of their date nights. What matters most though, is Seulgi is coming and she can hardly wait. She struggled for a long time figuring out what to wear, but ultimately decided on one of her favorite purple dresses, cute black ankle boots and put on very minimal makeup.

 

To her it feels like they are about to meet for their first date all over again, except for the fact that their friends are here too. Joohyun knows they want to see Seulgi too. She actually does feel better that they are here. It might make things less awkward, because the raven is very certain that they will be awkward. It had definitely been so on the phone conversation they had. Seulgi seemed in a rush to get off the phone, and there was so many dead silent moments that they never once had before.

 

“Unnie, calm down. You’re nervous.” Joy tells her.

 

“Yes.” She nods. “It just feels like forever since I last saw her, and we spoke so briefly on the phone.”

 

“Don’t worry. She will come unnie.” Seungwan tells her, knowing that is what Joohyun is also nervous about. She’s scared of the possibility that Seulgi won’t show up at all.


 

Meanwhile, the blonde monolid woman is heading on foot to the BBQ place that Joohyun mentioned. She had just left headquarters after a briefing from Jessica. The director explained that there was another mission later on. So, in other words probably cut your outing short. Seulgi is wearing dark jeans, grey shirt, and a black leather jacket, concealing the fact that she has a gun strapped inside. She is also carrying a leather duffle bag with her. It is full of those handy essentials Jessica mentioned before, as well as mission field clothes for later, and a pair of boots. It feels oddly familiar carrying around this bag, as if he has had it many times before. She probably has.

 

She stops when she feels her phone vibrating in her jacket pocket. She answers it.

 

“Unnie.” It’s Jisoo’s voice in her headset.

 

“Jisoo, hi, what’s wrong? Did Jessica want us to leave earlier?”

 

“No, nothing is wrong. And we won’t be leaving until later tonight, unnie. Just good luck okay. And remember if you need us, call either me or Bi and we will help you.”

 

“I will, it’s only meeting for lunch though. So, I’m sure that it will be fine.” Her tone doesn’t sound sure though, and of course Jisoo picks right up on it.

 

“Are you nervous? It’s okay if you are unnie. You haven’t seen them or spent time with your wife or friends in a long time.”

 

“I am nervous. She asked to bring them along, and the last time we all saw one another. It was awkward.”

 

“Don’t overthink it. Just see how it goes, and you can always call us to come get you unnie. But, you might feel something familiar with them. You’re starting to with Bi and I right?”

 

“Yea, but it’s different with you and Bi.”

 

“I know.” Jisoo nods, she too has friends in her normal everyday life. And it feels different compared to her bonds with Seulgi and Eunbi, of course it would. They live secret lives together.

 

“Thanks Jisoo. I better go.”

 

“Sure, bye unnie.”

 

The monolid woman comes up to the place. And as soon as she does panic takes over her some. She doesn’t notice right away that she has been spotted, particularly by Joohyun.

 

“Seul, baby...hi.” She springs from her seat, and hurries to greet her outside. The next thing Seulgi knows arms being wrapped tightly around her. Joohyun always hugs her so warmly and it always feels like she can’t wait to be with her again.

 

“I’m so glad you came.” She whispers. Same as before, Seulgi doesn’t return the embrace and three pairs of eyes are curiously watching. This is certainly a familiar scene. Seulgi simply stares down at the raven holding her.

 

“Hi Mrs….Joohyun.” She corrects herself again.

 

She still isn’t used to calling her Joohyun, worst of all she doesn’t know if she ever will be. The raven smiles at her, grateful to be able to hold her again.

 

“Seul, sweetie. Can I please kiss you, on the cheek.” She corrects, because she doesn’t want to make her uncomfortable.

 

“Alright.” And so the raven does, gently. Seulgi doesn’t flinch away from her so she feels hopeful. Then, she takes Seulgi’s hand and leads her inside to sit down besides her.

 

“Honey, I know that you don’t remember but these are our friends.”

 

The shortest blonde stands first. The one from before, who asked her if she was truly Seulgi.

 

“Hey, Seul. I’m Seungwan, and you’re my best friend.”

 

Seulgi nods politely. “Hi Seungwan.” She says with no real emotion or any recognition. It feels forced and all wrong. Seungwan smiles warmly anyway, despite how hurt she actually is. Seulgi, if she remembered would never sound so distant.

 

“Hi unnie.” The redhead one she remembers from that night speaks. “Im Joy and I’m your absolute favorite dongsaeng.”  She smiles too, hoping for some sort of reaction.

 

“Hello, Joy.” Once again there is nothing, and Joy is left disappointed but tries not to act as if hurts, of course it does.

 

“I’m Yeri, Seulgi-unnie. And I am actually your favorite.” That makes Joy nudge her hard in the arm. Something, reminds Seulgi of Jisoo and Eunbi’s relationship in that exchange.

 

“We’re glad to see you.” The second, blonde introduces herself.

 

“Hi, Yeri.” And Joohyun seeing how already uncomfortable it is, changes the subject.

 

“Yeobo, are you hungry? We didn’t order yet, we wanted to wait for you.”

 

“I’m not.” Seulgi admits, and that of course surprises everyone. Because Seulgi always has an appetite.

 

“Are you sure unnie? The food here is really good.” Yeri offers.

 

“And you look so thin.” Seungwan notices.

 

“Unnie, you have to eat okay.” Joy, says worriedly.

 

“Thank you, but I’ll just have tea.”

 

Her overall appetite has been pretty poor. There was an amazing breakfast earlier with Jisoo and Eunbi, there was muffins, all sorts of delicious pastries and breads, fried eggs and rice. So much food they all couldn’t finish, but she barely ate. That had concerned both her friends earlier, even encouraging her to eat some more. Joohyun takes her hand, and leaves a kiss. It was a natural thing for her to do.

 

“You need to eat Seulgi, even it’s just a little okay.”

 

“I’m really not hungry, but thank you.” She says politely, distant but polite

 

The entire time it doesn’t feel awkward for just Seulgi, everyone else feels just as strange. It’s like Seulgi is here, but not truly here with how off she seems.

 

“Unnie, do you remember anything at all?” Yeri decides.

 

“Do you Seulgi-unnie?” Joy wonders. “If it’s even like a small, detail about any of us?”

 

Seulgi could be honest and tell them all the entire story, but she can’t. Not only that she also isn’t entirely comfortable with them. Of course that isn’t their fault. She hasn’t been around to get some sort of familiarity like she has developed with Jisoo and Eunbi. Joohyun can see that she’s thinking hard.

 

“Honey, do you? Anything at all?”

 

“Yea, Seul. Can you tell us if you feel anything familiar?” Seungwan, hates to sound too hopeful but she hopes still.

 

“I don’t have any idea who any of you are, outside of your names you just told me.” She admits honestly, with no cruelty in her voice. It’s just a straight forward honesty. They all can’t even hide the fact that her words hurt though, Joohyun specifically looks away for a moment.

 

“That’s okay. We’ll help you.” Seungwan assures. “If you want us to.”

 

For Seulgi, there is something about Seungwan that when she speaks she feels affected somehow. Similar to how talking to Joohyun makes her feel, she noticed that before. Seungwan said they are best friends, so that would explain it. While Joohyun and Seungwan start grilling some beef. The blonde can feel curious eyes on her, Joy and Yeri.

 

“Is there something wrong?” She asks.

 

“No unnie. It’s just we miss you.” Joy admits.

 

“Yea, we’re really glad that you’re alive. And we just hope that you get better soon.” Yeri adds.

 

Seulgi finds that she has no idea what to even say to that. So, she simply thanks them. She gets her tea and sips it. Joohyun, too has been sneaking glances at her, which is understandable.

 

“Seul, can I ask where you are staying?”

 

“With friends.” Is her vague answer.

 

“Which friends Seul?” Seungwan wonders.

 

“I can’t discuss them.” That of course worries them all, especially Joohyun.

 

“Why can’t you discuss them? Are you in trouble, honey?” The raven questions. She is more sure than ever that something big is going on, involving her wife.

 

“I’m just unable to discuss where I stay, please pass the napkins.” She changes the subject abruptly.

 

“Why won’t you tell us?” Joohyun asks. “I’m worried about you baby. We are all worried about you.”

 

Seulgi looks to her, once again with those empty, distant eyes. “Mrs…, sorry Joohyun.” She corrects. “I can’t talk about it, so please don’t ask again.”

 

Before Joohyun can respond Joy decides to break out her secret weapon.

 

“Unnie, there is only one for sure to know if you’re Seulgi-unnie.” The redhead pulls out a can of original flavored pringles. Seulgi just eyes them curiously.

 

“Pringles?”

 

“Yep, please have some Seulgi-unnie.”

 

Everyone is staring at her now, waiting in anticipation. Joy has pushed the can towards her. The blonde looks at the taller girl with a faraway look, as she gently pushes the can back to her.

 

“No, thank you.”

 

All of their mouth drop, no one could believe what just happened. Kang Seulgi refusing a can of pringles. That’s just not done. Joy’s eyes are wide in horror.

 

“What kind of world is this! Seulgi-unnie not wanting pringles.” She dramatically falls out on the table.

 

“Joy, calm down okay.” Seungwan tells her, but sounds nervous as hell. She never envisioned this day.

 

“Joy-unnie, pull yourself together.” Yeri says from besides her.

 

“No, I don’t think think I can function in a world where Seulgi-unnie doesn’t like pringles. Yerimie, I’m scared hold me!” She hugs the younger blonde.

 

“Me too unnie.” Yeri admits and hugs her back.

 

The entire exchange is so dramatic and over the top. Seulgi finds herself smiling some.

 

“You’re smiling.” Joohyun says with a soft smile of her own.

 

“Hm?” The monolid turns to her, smile dropping instantly.

 

“You were smiling.” Joohyun repeats, trying to touch her face. But, the blonde grabs her hand suddenly, to block her touch. That concerns everyone to see Seulgi so on edge.

 

“Yeobo?” The raven says in shock. “Can you let go?”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry.” She says, like she hadn’t actually meant to grab her. Then releases Joohyun’s hand.

 

“Seul, are you alright?” Seungwan questions.

 

“I’m fine. I’m sorry.” She apologizes again to her. Joohyun, nods but doesn’t know how to feel about that. Seulgi acted like she was about to be attacked, which makes Joohyun wonder again where has she been, has she been hurt or abused in anyway, despite not looking hurt at all. The raven places some beef onto her plate and passes it to her.

 

“You didn’t hurt me Seul, it’s okay.” She promises. “Please eat some.”

 

They eat, and there are conversations being had. They all tell Seulgi how they met her, how long they’ve been friends. Seulgi is barely listening though, she is zoning out. There is a car pulling up across the street, with tinted windows, not a good sign. Then Seulgi sees a small blonde woman get out of the car, in a trench coat, reaching into her pockets. The monolid woman stands right away.

 

“Get down!” She warns all of them. Instinctually, she grabs Joohyun in the process, shielding her with her body, arms wrapped around her. Just in time as a barrage of bullets come through the windows. There are loud, panicked screams coming from all around them.

 

“Oh my god. Someone’s really shooting.” Joy shouts. Yeri holding on to her, and Seungwan holds both the younger girls close to her. Joohyun, is clutching on tightly to Seulgi, who in turn hopes that she can’t feel her gun. When the bullets stop, Seulgi peers up over the table. The woman takes off. Seulgi, slowly pulls Joohyun away.

 

“Are you okay?” She questions, while touching the raven’s face.

 

“Y-Yes, I’m fine...just shaken up.”

 

“Alright, stay here all of you.” She tells them, and takes off running too.

 

“Seulgi-unnie!”

 

“Seul?”

 

“Seul, where are you going?” Joohyun shouts after her. “You could be hurt!”

 

The blonde is gone though, leaving four surprised people behind her. Did all of that just happen? Is Seulgi seriously trying to go after however that shooter was.

 

“She’ll be back unnie.”

 

“Yea, I mean that was kinda cool of her.” Yeri admits. “It was scary, but she was cool.”

 

“She’ll be back, she forgot her bag.” Seungwan gestures to the duffle bag.


 

Seulgi contacts both Eunbi and Jisoo. “SinB, Jichu!” She shouts effortlessly into her headset. “Do you have my location?”

 

“Yes, we’re nearby. Who are you chasing unnie?” Eunbi asks first.

 

“I don’t know. But I’m pretty sure she was targeting me. I have to catch her.”

 

“Go unnie, we’re on our way. I’m on foot.” Jisoo tells her. Seulgi tells them a quick goodbye and disconnects the connection. And hurries after the woman in the trench coat. She is fast, but Seulgi is too.

 

“Hey!” The monolid woman shouts.

 

The blonde looks back, like she is trying to be sure of who she is seeing. Then keeps on running. Seulgi speeds up, chasing her to a nearby park area. The woman is sloppy, she lost time by looking back. Seulgi grabs her arm throwing her down to the ground.

 

“Who the hell are you!” Seulgi demands.

 

The blonde simply smiles up at her. “Oh, why it’s the oh so enigmatic Agent Kang, you are supposed to be dead.”

 

“Shut up!” Seulgi slams her into the ground again. “Who are you?” She asks again. “Who sent you?”

 

“You will get nothing from me.” She admits, with some white foam forming at .

 

Seulgi looks up when she sees Jisoo hurrying over. “Unnie, who...oh .” She stops, seeing the woman now coughing up blood and white liquid.

 

“She’s dying.” Seulgi notices.

 

“Yea, looks like she’s not meant to talk to us.” However, as an interrogator first and foremost, Jisoo has to try. She pulls out a switchblade and grabs the woman. She will die anyway, so Jisoo can end her faster or she can still just die.

 

“Hey, who are you? Why did you fire bullets into the restaurant!” Jisoo shouts, blade to . “I can kill you now, if you don’t give us something. You’re going to die anyway, obviously so the choice is yours.”

 

“Nothing. I will tell you nothing.” She spats, blood, spit and white foam bubbling up faster. “I took the pill hours ago to prepare….for this, Agent Kang.” She focused onto Seulgi. “You are….getting so...reckless….and should...be…” Her brown eyes fade back into her head, pulse slowly fading out to a complete stop.

 

“What in the !” Eunbi shouts, parking her jeep nearby and hurrying over. “Who is this?”

 

“We don’t know Bi. She killed herself, probably ordered to in the event went wrong.” Jisoo explains, removing her fingers when she feels no pulse.

 

“She knew me.” The monolid woman speaks.

 

“Unnie, she could have been lying.” Eunbi tells her. “We need to get rid of the body.”

 

“No, not yet.” The purple-haired girl stops Eunbi. “Take her back to headquarters. Let one of the forensic crew search her, check the body for any clues they can find.”

 

“Okay.” The youngest shrugs, “But you know that I hate putting dead bodies in my car.”

 

“Yah, Eunbi she’s barely dead. Just get her to headquarters. We’ve seen bodies even more dead than hers.”
 

That startles Seulgi some, but then again this is also her life. Meaning she has no doubt seen some dead bodies in her career. Eunbi lifts and drags the body to her jeep. Then promises she’ll meet them later. Seulgi is in shock for a moment.

 

“Unnie, hey it’s okay.”

 

“She just killed herself Jisoo, someone out there didn’t want her to talk.”

 

“I know, but don’t worry. Our forensic team is really good, they’ll find…. Um unnie where’s your bag?”

 

“My...oh, oh .”


 

Meanwhile, the police had been questioning many of the witnesses as they could at the restaurant. And releasing them as they answered. Everyone stood outside waiting to be released one by one. Seungwan held onto Seulgi’s bag but it felt heavy.

 

“Oh, my god what the hell is in here?” She thinks, as they walk away from the restaurant. Joohyun, is just worried about Seulgi. She ran off so fast into the danger and she could be hurt. The raven doesn’t even want to think about her being hurt, not again.

 

“She ran off in this direction.” The raven mentions.

 

Seungwan though, stops to open up the bag. She freezed by what she sees. There are guns, pistols, a shotgun, brass knuckles, knives, jet black leather outfit and boots. There are some medical needles too.

 

“Oh, oh shi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter