Day 2

Vacation

 

"Where did I put it?!" Lynn rummaged around her suitcase for her running belt. Her family was waiting on her and she just needed this one last thing. 

She huffed as she resorted to taking everything out. She was removing her last shirt when she uncovered a box. 

That's weird... I don't remember packing a box... She thought to herself.

*knock knock knock*

"You ready to go, Lynn?" Her mom's voice drifted through the door.

"I'll be out in just a minute! I'll meet you in the lobby!" She called back.

She waited to hear her mom walk away before carefully pulling the box out of her luggage. It wasn't terribly large but definitely big enough that she should have noticed it when packing. Seeing no markings on it, she removed the lid to reveal several numbered envelopes of varying sizes. With nothing to lose, she grabbed the envelope numbered 1.

Inside she found a few mints and a note with very familiar handwriting.

Day 1 

If you're reading this - congratulations! You found my secret surprise! I hope I was able to hide it on top of your running belt since I know you'll be wearing that every day.

I know we'll still be in contact while we're apart, but something about a handwritten letter makes everything more romantic. Don't you think?

I have no doubt that I miss you already. I packed this hoping it would remind you of me and help ease the distance. A small surprise for each day until you're back in my arms.

For your first day - mints. I know it's cheesy, but I hope your vacation is filled with lots of excite-mint. (But not so much you don't want to come back to me. And none with any men out there.)

x,
NJ

PS - Aigoo. Excite-mint? I can't believe I wrote that. You do strange things to me!

Lynn laughed with watery eyes. She reached over to her suitcase and saw that her running belt was indeed under where the box was. She sent a quick text to Namjoon and rushed out the door to her family.

.:~*~:.:~*~:.

 

After a long day of exploring, Lynn and her family had finally returned to civilization and with it came a flood of phone notifications. The wilderness was beautiful, but it did not take kindly to cell phone service. She quickly silenced her phone, lest the sounds bring too much attention from her family. She excused herself from the group and headed back up to her room.

It was night time in Korea the whole time she was gone but her heart wasn't listening to her brain. She tried to not get her hopes up as she quickly skimmed the notifications. Facebook alerts, Messenger chats from Jenna, texts from Jenna, Instagram and Twitter messages from Jenna... and there it was! A message from Namjoon! She bit her lip to keep herself from squealing as she opened it up.

L: I just found my surprise!! I'll do my best to have some excite-mint today. I did sit next to a cute guy on the plane. I wonder if he's going the same place I am...

NJ: Aish. Watch it, Lynn...  I'm not above flying out there. I'm glad you liked your present. What are you up to today?

Lynn laughed with delight as his response. It was short but full of his spirit. She read it a few more times before she went to get ready for bed and tried to come up with the perfect reply.