Homecoming

Vacation

Lynn's head drooped forward as she started to nod off in the taxi for what felt like the hundredth time. And for the hundredth time, she snapped her head up and tried to shake the sleep off. 20 hours of travel to get to this point. It seemed like she should have gotten a lot more rest than she did. Unfortunately, the time changes plus layovers made for interrupted and light sleep when she got any at all. She was almost home but it was still too early to go to bed or her sleep schedule would be ruined. She texted Namjoon after she landed and again when she got in the cab to let him know what was going on. 

Just as she was about to nod off again, the cab driver pulled over in front of her building. The somewhat older gentleman had been talking to her the whole time, trying to keep her awake with no avail. He made a comment about staying awake for a few more hours and Lynn blushed as she thanked him for his efforts and paid her fare. Soon she was left on the sidewalk with her backpack, suitcase, and what felt like cement filled shoes. 

You're almost there. You're almost there. she kept telling herself with closed eyes. You're almost... Her head started to droop again No! You're almost there! Eyes closed was a bad idea. She took a deep breath and headed toward the building.

Someone bumped into her as soon as she started her final trek.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" The hooded culprit apologized and bowed before scurrying off. Lynn swore he looked and sounded exactly like Jungkook. That couldn't be possible. Why would he be coming out of her apartment? She once again shook her head and blamed it on the jet lag before continuing on.

Once she got into her apartment she exhaled loudly and dropped her backpack.

"Finally!!" She threw her arms open and took a moment before heading to her bedroom.

"You're gone for a week and a half and now you don't see me anymore?"

Lynn stopped dead in her tracks, arms still mid swing. After a beat, she walked backwards and peeked around the hallway entrance to find Namjoon in the kitchen with an apron on. 

"Namjoon! You're here! How are you here? Am I dreaming again? Are you a vampire? Why are you wearing an apron? Oh I missed you so much!" She threw her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. She felt him chuckle against her as he embraced her.

"No, you're not dreaming and I'm not a vampire. You gave me your apartment code, remember? And I'm wearing an apron because" he released her and gestured to her dining table "ta-da! I made you dinner!"

Lynn covered with her hands. "You didn't! Did you really??"

"I sure did!" He smiled triumphantly.

"Wait... That WAS Jungkook that ran into me! Was he here helping you?"

Namjoon's face fell a little before he laughed nervously and rubbed the back of his head. "Okay okay. You got me. Yes, he did help. But I did most of the work!"

"I have no doubt that you did." She stood up on her tip toes and kissed his cheek.

Both of them froze before laughing nervously and stepping apart.

"It looks and smells delicious! Is it ready to eat?" She avoided eye contact and noticed he was doing the same. He cleared his throat.

"Ah yes. It is. Let me get the rice." He made his way to the kitchen to keep busy as Lynn found her seat.

"I didn't even know I was hungry! How did you guess that I would be?" she asked as he came back with 2 steaming bowls of rice.

"I've traveled enough to figure that might be the case. Jungkook gave me a few lessons while you were gone. It's not much and it's not fancy but I hope you like it."

"It's the most amazing food I've ever seen and I'm sure it tastes as good as it looks." She smiled, then bowed and took her chopsticks. "Thank you, Namjoon."

She swore she saw a little pink rise to his cheeks as she started to serve herself.

 

.:~*~:.

 

Lynn leaned back in her chair and stretched. "Ohhh that was so good. Now that you've learned to cook, you can make dinner more often!" she teased. Namjoon started to stutter a response. "I'm just kidding." She smiled to calm his nerves. "But really, it was delicious and amazing and perfect and..." She sighed before standing up. "Now let me get these dishes started."

"No, it's okay. I'll do them. It's part of the package." Their hands brushed as he went to take the dish she was holding away from her. They froze again, Lynn being the first to break their connection and tuck a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Are you sure? I mean I just got back but you've been working hard and I feel bad. You did all this work to make dinner for me. The least I could do is-" Namjoon grabbed her hand and pulled her to him, silencing her with a kiss. Lynn could only muster a moan as a reply.

Namjoon was slow to release her lips before placing his forehead against hers. "I missed you so much." He breathed.

"I missed you too" she whispered back, almost so quietly it couldn't be heard. And then his lips were on hers again, crushed against them as if he hadn't kissed her in weeks or even centuries. The sleep in Lynn dissolved into unbridled energy, matching Namjoon's intensity every step of the way.

He picked her up and laid her down on the couch, kneeling over her. Before they were even down, Lynn was kissing him again and her hands started pulling and tugging on his arms. Her back arched, her body craving to feel the secure weight of him on top of her. He finally obliged, propped up on one elbow to keep from crushing her. His now free hand traced along her face and hair.

After a few minutes, Namjoon started to feel Lynn's body relax and her kisses slow.

"Namjoon" she said between pecks "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm going to fall asleep like this."

Namjoon pulled his face away from hers with a look she could only describe as pure Rap Monster. "Oh is that so?"

Lynn gulped and shrank ever so slightly as she gave a small nod.

"I guess we need to do something about that." RapMon got up and pulled her with him. She stared at him a bit nervously as they faced each other. Quick as lightning, he threw her over his shoulder. Lynn squealed from surprise as he carried her toward the kitchen. She heard him moving a few things around before he plopped her on the edge of the counter. Lynn blinked out of confusion as he scanned the kitchen. "Ah ha." He said matter of factly and grabbed a small bottle. He showed Lynn with a smirk on his face.

"Hot sauce?" She questioned.

"Hot sauce." He dabbed a little on his finger and smeared it on her bottom lip as if it were lipstick. Lynn started to feel a little burn as he put the cap back on. She moved to her lips. "Ah!" He scolded. She stopped. "That's my job." 

The look he gave her the last time she was up on this counter was nothing compared to the look he was giving her now. She could almost see the steam from his internal fire rolling off of him. He slowly closed the gap between them, letting their breath mingle. The sensation on her lip gave rise to the familiar fire in her that she hadn't felt in far too long. She closed her eyes. When had 10 days become far too long to be apart from someone? she managed to think before his lips grazed hers. She whimpered in response, needing the tension to be cut.

Suddenly she felt RapMon pull away from her.

"Well! I think you could probably go to bed now and it won't mess with your sleep schedule. You've stayed up long enough." He stood up straight and dusted his hands. Lynn looked absolutely incredulous. RapMon held his stance for a moment before laughing in response. "Just kidding." He winked before swooping in to capture her bottom lip, releasing her from the burn. She felt his tongue graze her tortured lip, attempting to soothe what pain there might be.  Lynn grasped the back of his head and pulled him into a deeper kiss. RapMon hungrily obliged and stepped closer to her. Lynn wrapped her legs around his waist and tried to make herself taller to better match his height. RapMon held her face in his hands, determined to explore every corner of .

For what felt like a blissful eternity, the only sounds in the apartment were the mixture of moans and stolen breaths. Neither of them wanted to part but the inconvenient need to breathe fully eventually became too great and they pulled apart.

Lynn touched her bottom lip as they struggled to regain their breathing. Namjoon frowned slightly as he noticed it had turned a bit red. Lynn waved his concerns away. "I'm fine. I don't know when I'll be able to properly breathe again, but I'm fine."

Namjoon chuckled before gazing longingly into her eyes. "I missed you, you know."

"Oh I think I could tell." she laughed breathlessly. "I missed you too." She met his gaze and smiled. "But now I think it really is time for me to go to bed. I'm not sure I can walk there though. Got any strength left in those muscles of yours?"

Namjoon smiled and turned for her to hop on his back. "C'mon, sleepy head." She gratefully wrapped her arms and legs around him. He carried her to the bedroom and tucked her in. He brushed the hair from her face and kissed her temple.

"Are you leaving?" Lynn asked, trying to keep disappointment from her voice.

"I told you I was going to stay with you for 24 hours, didn't I? Got to take care of that laundry list you mentioned." He winked and smiled back as he continued to her hair. "You may be too tired to get ready for bed, but I have a bit of work to do before I go to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up, okay?"

Lynn nodded. "Promise to hold me when you come to bed?"

"Promise. Now go to sleep." He kissed her temple again and stayed to watch her snuggle under the covers. He turned the light out and headed for the living room with Lynn's snores already echoing down the hallway.