Day 4

Vacation

NJ: I'm glad to hear it helped and reminded you of me. I'll still do my own inspection when you get back. Just to be sure.

NJ: I could never find a girl to replace you. Another woman of your caliber doesn't exist.

Lynn couldn't keep the grin from her face. She pressed her hands to her cheeks to try and calm their rising temperature. What a way to wake up!

"Lynn? Are you not feeling well?" Her mom appeared at her bedside. Lynn cursed herself for forgetting to lock the door. Her mom went to feel her temperature "You feel warm and your cheeks are flushed."

"I'm fine, mom. Nothing to worry about." Lynn brushed her hand away. "What's up?"

"I wanted to let you know we decided to cancel white water rafting today. It's too cold. We're going to have a pool day instead. The rest of us are heading down to breakfast now."

Lynn's heart did a silent jump for joy. She really hadn't wanted to do white water rafting and she didn't think Namjoon wanted her to either.

"Okay. I'll be down soon." Lynn said. Her mom nodded in confirmation as Lynn led her to the door, making sure to lock the door behind her this time.

She waited for a few breaths before breaking into a celebratory dance. Oh thank the heavens she didn't have to go rafting! She quickly grabbed her phone to alert Namjoon.

L: I'm afraid you might be too close to the situation to inspect properly. I'm perfectly willing to let you try though.

L: Also, I just found out we're not going white water rafting!! It's too cold here so we're going to hang out at the pool.

Lynn bit her lip, silently dancing again as she waited for his reply. Her groove ended as soon as she heard the notification.

NJ: I assure you, I am the man best fit for the job.

NJ: I'm so glad you don't have to go. I know you were nervous about it. It renders the gift from day 3 a bit useless but it might still prove itself useful.

The gift! Lynn had almost forgotten due to her excitement. She raced to her suitcase to retrieve the third envelope.

Day 3 -

I don't know who in your family came up with the idea of white water rafting but I'm going to have to talk to them about that when I meet them. I'll worry about you all day so be sure to let me know you survived as soon as you're done. I don't know how much help it will be but this bracelet is said to be useful. Be careful out there and come back in one piece.

x,
NJ

A purple survivor rope bracelet tumbled out of the envelope. He'd even had a tiny heart shaped charm to it that said BTS in the middle on one side and NJ on the other

L: I absolutely love it! I hope I never have to use it. Who knows though? I might need it to pull myself out of the hot tub or pool today.

L: It's surprisingly fashionable for being for survival. I see it also has a very special charm to go with it. Nice touch!

Namjoon's reply came instantly.

NJ: Hot tub? Pool? I think I'd rather you go white water rafting. I was prepared for that. Now I have to worry about life guards, pool boys, and anyone who gets to see you in a bathing suit before I do.

Lynn laughed out loud. She pondered her response as she went to get dressed. In the mean time, she changed the subject.

L: How was the Home Party?

NJ: It went well. I missed seeing you in the crowd but I gave (most of) my love to those in attendance like I know we'd both want.

L: Good. I may be your girl, but I'm still an ARMY. I'm glad you know I wouldn't want you to treat them any differently just because we're together.

NJ: One of the many reasons I love you.

Lynn froze, wide eyes locked on the screen. Love? Had he ever used that before? It must have been a slip up. She was definitely reading too much into this. She needed to change the subject again. And fast.

She got herself presentable and proceeded to take a selfie of her torso up in her swimsuit. Surely that would work. She typed up her reply. 

L: I'm headed to breakfast and then the pool. I'm leaving my phone in my room so it doesn't get wet. To help ease your troubled mind, here's a picture of me in my swimsuit. Now go to SLEEP. I will talk to you later.

Giving herself an extra few moments to steel herself, she put her hair up in a ponytail and threw on some cover up clothes to head to breakfast. Eyes clenched shut, she hit the send button. Before she had a chance to second guess herself, she dropped the phone and walked out the door.

.:~*~:.:~*~:.

Lynn had a relaxing day by the pool. Other than being on edge every time she thought of Namjoon or the picture she sent. 

She had refused to check her phone all day, even when she was getting changed for dinner. Now that she was ready for bed though, it couldn't be avoided any longer. She saw the notification light flashing as she picked her phone up. She closed her eyes, taking deep breaths, before peeking one open and checking the home screen.

Her face fell. All the messages were from Jenna. Not a single peep from Namjoon. She unlocked her phone and checked to be sure. Nothing. Her heart sunk. She told herself that he was busy and hopefully getting a good night sleep. She took a deep breath to steady her nerves. She was telling her brain and heart that everything was fine but they didn't seem to believe her. With a heavy sigh and without the heart to text anything else, she went to sleep.  It would be an early morning, after all.