Day 3

Vacation

Baepsae blared obnoxiously. Lynn reached over to snooze it. Bleary eyed, she checked her phone. 6:00am. 12 messages from Namjoon. Ugh.

Wait... 12 messages from Namjoon?! Lynn shot up in bed, wide awake. She forgot to message him back last night! She fell asleep before she came up with the perfect reply! She quickly put on her glasses and opened their string of texts.

NJ: Not going to tell me what you're up to today?

NJ: Who's this cute guy?

NJ: He can't possibly be cuter than me.

NJ: Is there really a cute guy?

NJ: I'm looking up flights right now

NJ: Lynn?

NJ: Are you okay?

NJ: I'm going to presume you're okay and just fell asleep

NJ: If that's the case, I hope you're sleeping well and dreaming of me

NJ: Be sure to get lots of rest for your long day tomorrow

NJ: You have to stay healthy, okay?

NJ: I miss you

Lynn's heart swelled a bit. He cared so much.

L: I'm here, I'm fine. We had a long day of hiking yesterday. Today is ATV day. 

L: Alas, I haven't seen the cute guy. The only one on my mind right now is some guy who planted a present in my suitcase. Looking forward to opening envelope number two!

Lynn hopped out of bed and got ready for the day. She checked the time as she was finishing up and saw she still had a few minutes to open the second envelope. This one seemed to have something padded in it. She found a bandana and another note.

Day 2

ATV day! And a bandana to keep you safe. Can't have any dirt getting into your throat or your lips getting wind burned. Though I wouldn't mind nursing you back to health. After all, you've instructed me in the prescribed way to make things feel better.

x,
NJ

Lynn blushed. She checked the time again and saw she was about to be late. She stuffed the bandana into her pocket and ran out the door.

 

.:~*~:.

 

Lynn sent Namjoon a quick text before she fell asleep that night.

L: Thank you for the bandana. It certainly came in handy. You'll be happy to hear that it protected me perfectly. (Although maybe that won't make you happy?) I enjoyed that it had your scent. Felt like you were with me the whole time. Before you worry too much, I'm going to bed now. One day closer to seeing you again! Good luck with your events today. No picking up a new girl while I'm gone!

She plugged her phone in and turned over to sleep with the bandana close by.