Day 5

Vacation

Baepsae seemed more cruel this morning. 4am was already not Lynn's idea of a good time and as memories of her disappointment from last night came flooding back, all she wanted to do was go back under her covers. Unfortunately that was not an option as they were scheduled to watch the sunrise today and drive to a different hotel/location. She unsilenced her phone and dragged herself out of bed. 

Within minutes, notification sounds came rapid fire. Thinking it was an emergency, she dashed to her phone. She bit her lip with a look of uncertainty when she saw they were all from Namjoon. Deciding anything was better than nothing, she checked the messages.

NJ: I've been wracking my brain trying to think of the best reply. I'm sure I took too long and you were probably disappointed to not hear from me. But honestly, Lynn. Words escape me. And as we both know, I write words for a living. I think the best I can come up with is you leave me speechless.

NJ: I hope you're not mad at me.

NJ: I miss you so incredibly much.

NJ: How many days left?

She allowed herself a small smile before quickly finishing getting ready and running to the lobby. Her family was nowhere to be found yet so she sent a quick reply, thankful that the car ride would allow them some additional time to text.

L: You sure know how to make a gal worry. I'm blown away that you feel that way but maybe next time a little something while you're trying to come up with words? I almost ran away with that pool boy.

Her family came charging out of the elevator and they piled into the car. When she got situated, a reply was waiting for her.

NJ: I'm so sorry, Lynn. I didn't mean to upset you. I never know what to do about you. You surprise me in so many ways and I love all of them, even if I don't always handle them the best.

NJ: That pool boy won't be able to treat you as well as I can, I can promise you that. My tongue technology is better than anything he has to offer.

Lynn choked in the back seat. Sputtering and coughing, she assured her family that she was fine. She heard her mom mutter about Lynn coming down with something. After sorting herself out, she replied.

L: You DO realize how "tongue technology" sounds, right? Also, I thought that was Suga, not you.

NJ: Suga said it but he's not the only one. And what do you mean about how it sounds?

Lynn couldn't tell if he was joking or not. English wasn't his first language after all and it's so hard to tell over text. She'd have to bring it up in person to see his real reaction.

L: Nevermind. I miss you.

NJ: I miss you, too. Did you open your gift today?

L: I have it here in my pocket. Should I open it now?

NJ: Sure.

L: Okay. Hold on.

Lynn did a quick subtle scan of the car to make sure no one was paying attention. When the coast was clear, she carefully pulled out the envelope and opened it.

Day 4 - 

Technically BTS' anniversary was yesterday according to KST but the celebration can continue in the US.  And don't worry,  there's more where this came from. 

Meeting you is one of my favorite results from me joining BTS. I hope that you'll stay with me and cheer me and BTS on forever.

x,
NJ

Lynn pulled out a small keychain. She had to keep herself from squealing when she saw it was one of the limited edition Festa bias straps (with Namjoon on it, of course). They were supposed to only be available the day of the Home Party. He must have snagged one ahead of time for her.

L: You know me so well! Except, I seem to remember V being my bias

NJ: Hmm. I seem to remember you owning a Rap Monster t-shirt, not a V one

Lynn relished the memory of their closet adventure.

L: I don't think that was by choice. I seem to remember being forced to wear it.

NJ: That is definitely not what happened. I'll have to refresh your memory when you get back.

L: I've only been gone 4 days and you've already got a long laundry list of things to do when I get back. How are you going to fit it all in?

NJ: I've got plenty of time. Don't you worry.

Lynn's mind flooded with the possible implications of those 2 sentences. Much to her dismay, her family had arrived at their destination.

L: It's cold and snowy here but we're going to see if we can see the sunrise anyway. Wish I was watching it with you.

L: You'll hopefully be asleep by the time we're done. Sleep well!

NJ: I'll try. Be safe and healthy. Don't get sick!

With her heart warmed by his well wishes, Lynn bundled up and braced herself for the cold.

 

.:~*~:.

 

After a long, snowy day, Lynn was happy to be in her new hotel room. She had cranked the heat up and huddled under blankets as soon as she got in. Now that her fingers were no longer icicles, she grabbed her phone to check in. She and Jenna had texted throughout the day until she was too cold to move. No word from Namjoon yet. She hoped he had been sleeping in to recover from Festa, but it was more likely he was already up and working. She settled in to telling Namjoon about her day.

L: It is FREEZING here! I am not made for this weather anymore. It actually snowed when we went to look at the sunrise so we got breakfast and looked around a pretty lake instead. Wish you were here to keep me warm! Although the strap you gave me and thoughts of you provided some warmth.

L: I'm guessing the oh-so-perfect leader is already up and working so don't worry about replying. I'm exhausted from waking up early and the cold so I'm going to sleep and will talk to you later. Have a good day!

Satisfied that her response should tide him over for the day, Lynn pulled every blanket she could find over her and tried to sleep amid the chill.