Day 7

Vacation

 

Lynn sighed heavily. She'd been staring at her phone for what seemed like forever and couldn't come up with a reply to top Namjoon's. She didn't want to concede but she'd waited long enough.

L: I admit defeat. You win this round. How do you always know how to rile me up?

NJ: You're not the only one who's riled up. Why do you think I went for that run? It certainly wasn't only for my health and cold heart. 

NJ: Let's call it a draw. Truce?

L: Honestly this is not a battle that I mind losing and I don't necessarily want it to ever to stop lol

L: But fine. Truce.

NJ: I'll keep that in mind.

Lynn's heart skipped a beat.

NJ: What are you up to today? Horseback riding, right?

L: Breakfast and looking around first. Then horseback riding with my mom.

L: Shouldn't you be getting to bed?

NJ: Who needs sleep when I've got your attention?

L: You do. You've always got my attention. So it's no excuse to lose sleep. You know I'll worry about you.

NJ: Arasso, arasso. I'll go to sleep. Just don't forget to open your present before you go, okay?

L: No worries there. They're the best parts of my day! Sleep well, Namjoon.

NJ: I can't wait to hear you say my name in person. One of the many things I miss.

NJ: I'll do my best to sleep well. I'm hoping my dreams will be filled with visions of you.

NJ: Be healthy and safe

L: You too

Satisfied that he was actually off to bed, Lynn set about opening the sixth envelope.

Day 6 - 

Something to help with any injuries you may have acquired since arriving. Not that I hope you've had any. Better safe than sorry. 

As always, stay safe and healthy!

x,
NJ

Carefully tucked into the note were a few Ryan the Lion band-aids. Lynn smiled and shook her head. Of course they were Ryan band-aids. She slipped them in her pocket and headed out for the day.

.:~*~:.

L: I hiked around a geyser today while my family had breakfast (I ate in the car). It was so peaceful and awesome all at the same time. I wish you were here to see it!

L: Horseback riding went well other than the saddle I was riding on wasn't broken in so I'm sore everywhere. I'm pretty sure I'll be discovering some new muscles in the morning.

L: Didn't wind up needing the band-aids, but I did put one on the back of my hand for fun. Ryan and I had a very nice ride together.

L: Hope you slept well!

Lynn giggled internally. She couldn't wait to see what Namjoon came back with. She knew Ryan was his favorite character. Would he still pretend to be jealous? He gave her the Ryan band-aids after all so he can't be mad.

NJ: I can't believe I'm jealous of a cartoon character. He got to be attached to you all day while I was sleeping far away AND see what I'm sure were beautiful views.

NJ: Do we make official BTS band-aids? I don't even know but I'm going to suggest it if we don't. Next trip you'll have a Rap Monster band-aid to bring with you on adventures.

A tiny victory for Lynn! She celebrated quickly before replying.

L: I'd much prefer to have the actual Rap Monster with me on my next vacation. Though if you're on a band-aid and I keep you in my pocket, would that make you a Pocket Monster like Pokemon?

NJ: Did you hear a low rumbling over there? That was me groaning from the other side of the world. You've been hanging out with Jin too much!

L: Oh come on. That one was good!

NJ: Fine, fine. I did laugh. I'll admit it.

L: I knew it! I'll have to tell Jin about it when I get back. And maybe Jimin too. He always appreciates a good joke.

NJ: I'm pretty sure I'll be holding you hostage for at least the first 24 hours after you return. But after that you can tell them.

L: Oh is that so?

NJ: It is. Unless for some reason that makes you unhappy?

L: Nope! I just don't know how awake I'll be for most of it.

NJ: That's fine with me. All I need is to see you in person, even if you're sleeping.

Lynn's heart swelled for the umpteenth time this trip. She was starting to think maybe she should go on vacation more often.

NJ: Shouldn't you be the one heading to bed now?

L: Yes, you're right. Have a good day. If you kept any of the Ryan band-aids, you could put one on too! Then it will be like we're together.

NJ: I'm not sure I'm quite to that point yet but we'll see how the day goes. Sleep well, Lynn. I miss you

L: I miss you too

Lynn silenced her phone and rolled over. She kissed the Ryan band-aid she still had on before drifting off to sleep.