Departure

Vacation

"Do you have to go?" Namjoon questioned with an almost whine and puppy dog eyes. They were on the couch with Namjoon resting his head in her lap. Lynn laughed softly as she played with his hair.

"Yes, I have to go. It's a family vacation and I haven't seen them in ages. I did move to Korea for you, after all." She scrunched up her nose as she playfully pinched his cheek. Namjoon winced and then seemed to contemplate.

"I guess I get the better end of the deal." He flashed her a goofy smile while rubbing his cheek.

"Besides. You're busy with Festa, BTS' anniversary, and your comeback. You'll be so busy that I'll be back before you even know it." She cupped his face in her hand and gently his cheek with her thumb. "Probably too busy to even think about me!"

He covered her hand with his and nuzzled into her caress. "Impossible. I seem to remember someone cementing you into my brain." He looked up mischievously. Her cheeks started to flush but she quickly recovered.

"That's right. And it would serve you well not to forget." She said with a tinge of challenge in her voice.

"Oh you don't have to worry about that. Me on the other hand, I'm worried about my girl finding some mountain man and leaving me." 

"Mountain man?" Lynn laughed.

"Yeah. Park ranger, lumberjack, mountain climber, hiker... The possibilities are endless!" He feigned distress.

"Namjoon. I'm going to be with my family. And everyone knows that kpop idols are the way to my heart, not mountain men." She winked. 

"You never know. Some kpop group could be filming a music video out there. Random idol encounters happen all the time. Need I remind you?" He said with arched eyebrow. This time Lynn's face flushed completely. She coughed to try and cover her surprise as memories of their first encounter came flooding back. She stood up quickly, almost knocking him to the ground.

"Well still. No reason to worry." She tucked some hair behind her ear. "I should probably get back to packing." She headed toward her bedroom.

Just as she entered the hallway, Namjoon's arms wrapped firmly around her from behind. He nuzzled into her neck.

"I'm going to miss you, you know." He buzzed against her ear. She closed her eyes and let herself mold into him. She sighed heavily.

"I know. I'm going to miss you too. I think I actually miss you already." She let out a short laugh as if she couldn't believe she said that. She felt his smile against her neck before it was replaced with a slow kiss. He took a deep breath and stood up straight. Lynn turned to face him. She took his hands in hers and watched as she swung them back and forth. 

After a few moments of comfortable silence, he took a hand back to tuck some of her hair behind her ear, tilting her face up in the process.

Lynn didn't meet his gaze as his lips fell on hers. She couldn't. Her heart hurt too much already. Instead she concentrated on memorizing everything she could. His soft, attentive lips. His long figure. His heartbeat. His scent. Anything to get her through the next 10 days. 

Namjoon wrapped her arms around his waist, closing the distance between them. His kisses were slow and sweet, but not lacking in passion. His hands trailed in her hair and along her body. It seemed she wasn't the only one memorizing details.

He trailed his fingers lightly down her spine, causing Lynn to press against him and squeak into his kiss. A splayed hand on her lower back kept her there. Lynn felt the tell tale fire start burning in her veins. She pushed away. Neither of them had time for this.

The world felt colder not being in his arms. "I-I really should get packing..." she trailed off.

"Right." He cleared his throat. "Your flight is soon."

"Right. And you need to rest before your events tomorrow." She finally braved a glance to his face and found a mixture of pain and longing.

"Right. Have a safe flight, Lynn." He bent down to give her one last kiss before turning to leave.

Lynn stood frozen in the hallway, listening to his footsteps get farther and farther away.

What the hell was she doing?

Namjoon turned just as Lynn leapt into his arms and wrapped her legs around his waist, kissing him fully. Momentarily stunned, he slammed back against the wall. He quickly adjusted and pressed her against the opposite wall with a low growl, returning her ferocity. He ravaged her with hungry kisses down her jaw, to her neck, collarbone, and shoulder - the time for memorization gone. Lynn's hands explored the muscles holding her up between gasps for air. 

Before she lost herself completely, she pushed his head back and kissed him hard. A moan dissolved into another growl as he met her every move. Each one determined to drink each other in until there was nothing left.

Baepsae started blaring from Lynn's phone. She refused to release Namjoon's lips as she squirmed to get her phone out of her back pocket. She opened an eye to check the screen and pulled back suddenly.

"I have to check in for my flight!" Her wide eyes fell on Namjoon. She could see he was breathing heavily, not quite satisfied. She gave an apologetic look before he put her down.

She kissed his cheek and ran off to her computer.

When she was finished checking in, she found him with his coat on, standing by the door.

"I figure it's safer this way." He laughed halfheartedly with his hand scratching the back of his head. 

Lynn slowly walked over - suddenly nervous and sad. "Yeah. Probably for the best." She laughed similarly.

When she got close enough, he grabbed her hand and pulled her to him, enveloping her in a bear hug.

"Take care of yourself." He breathed.

"You too. Try to get at least some rest, okay?" She nuzzled against his chest as he nodded. She breathed him in deeply.

He gently pushed her away by her shoulders and kissed her one more time before heading out.

Lynn leaned back against the door and slid down, her head in her hands. 10 days? She didn't know how she was going to make it.

After allowing herself a couple minutes to wallow, pushed forward only by her determination to not be late to the airport, she got up and went to finish packing.