Chapter 5

SM High
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aw thanks for the upvote and comments guys , appreciate it :)

In the early hours, where the sun wasn't yet up, a girl stood pacing around her room. She hadn't been able to sleep the whole night, counting down the hours before Jessica comes to find her. Finally, she heard a soft knock on the door, stumbling quickly to the door, she welcomed a suddenly shy Jessica in. 

"...erm... hi. Nice room" jessica said 


"Thanks, I cleaned it up because you are coming...." Seohyun replied. Sensing that Jessica was not going to make the first move, she started. 

"Your bodies.... what happened?" Seohyun asked, once again sending the distrust in Jessica's eyes. 

Giving a deep sigh, jessica replied : 
"In this world, you shouldn't trust anyone. There are and will be people out there trying to use their powers for their own good Seohyun-ah, even people in this school that you so respect" 

Confused, Seohyun stayed silent, sensing the deeper meanings behind her words. 


"Is there any way where the two of you can... stop whatever it is that you are doing?" She asked, only to receive a self depreciating smile. 

"It's .... not that simple. Now, tell me about Tiffany" 

"Aaaah... tiffany unnie needs urgent help. I don't know how she's standing. You see, when I look at a persons body...."

With that, Seohyun started explaining her powers in detail and what she knows of Tiffany's condition. 

"....... basically , her body is in its final stages of being functional. Our bodies are actually just like a vessel that stores our powers and our soul. Her vessel is breaking from the inside as it was under such long and intense periods of "wear and tear". If she continues using her powers or even pushes her limit by a little, her body will completely break down and she will die. Imagine a vase that looks perfectly fine outside but is filled with cracks on the inside. One more crack on the inside and it'll cause the entire vase to collapse" 

Hearing this, jessica could only slump on the floor in defeat, her mind thinking of other ways to help Tiffany. 

"There's... another thing I noticed. There's some sort of barrier in her vessel/body that's locking her powers in. And I saw her energy patterns from her powers continuously fighting against that barrier. Means that not only is she using her powers externally, she is also fighting her own battle internally within herself against that particular barrier in her" 

Worrying, Seohyun spoke up once again, "unnie.... can I call you unnie? We need to help Tiffany" 

Maybe , just maybe it was how worried Seohyun, an outsider looked, maybe it was her innocence that shone, maybe it was that tiny flame of firm belief in humanity in Jessica that made her start explaining things t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter