Epilogue

SM High
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Footsteps could be heard in the corridor as they hid behind the wall, holding their breaths , making sure they don't make a sound. 

"They're here, I smell them" the shapeshifter said, sniffing his snout in the air 

Laughter rang , vibrating against the walls. 
"Oh, you actually think you can escape from me......." the Professor chuckled , his sinister voice slicing through the thick air as the guards stood absolutely still, afraid to move against his orders.  

Suddenly, behind the wall, a figure crumbled in pain on the floor, gasping for her breath as her body shook in pain. 

"!" the other girl cursed silently, trying to drag the kneeling girl further away from the guards. 

"Come on come on" she murmured, as she kneeled on the floor, her hands not knowing what to do as she desperately tried to take away some of the pain from her counterpart, only to see a pair of familiar shoes right in front of her. 

"My my, what do we have here?" Professor X murmured, as his finger pushed a strand of her hair away, slowly traveling down to her face as if cradling it. "You two are my favorites, how can I let you leave? "
 


A storm raged outside, thunder burning the land, while the building burned in inextinguishable blue flames, burning anything and everything to the ground. Wind blew in every direction, the destruction not stopping, as if the end was near. 

Two girls appeared from the shadows, one holding on to the shoulders of the other while the other supported the weight of her counterpart. They had used the last of their energy reserves, determination and survival the only thing that kept them going.  Injured and battered, they unleashed their powers in this place that they've been kept in for years, and today, today was the day that they finally fought back. 

"GET THEM!!!!" The professor screamed from the burning buildings, his face half blasted off, with black flesh hanging out in pieces. 

As the two girls neared the gates, they were stopped by a whole army of trained guards, they had no way out. 

Having exhausted her powers, the brown haired girl could feel the darkness creeping in as her she fought to hold the weight of both her and her partner. Her arms like felt like lead and she could no longer summon any power to fight the army that was now standing in front of them. "No, this can't be the end, we're almost there" she said as she cried, tears running down her face out of frustration, indignation and loss. "Why...?" 

"No... this .... is not ....the end" the semi conscious girl hanging off her whispered , her head slowly rising to meet her eyes. They were losing , it was 2 against a thousand and more. But yet the half dead girl had eyes of steel, as if there was renewed energy in her. And she knew.... they were the winners in this war .

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter