Chapter 2

SM High
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SM was a special school for people who were born with powers. 90% of the students get sent in at the young age of 7, what we call, junior year 1. These were the "naturals" , people born with their powers. As a result , almost everyone knew everyone in SM , they were after all not allowed to contact the outside world and only had each other to depend on.  A rare population of 10% are what we call "slow bloomers" , those who did not have their powers at birth but rather, they slowly manifested at a later age, hence resulting in them entering the school at a MUCH later stage than everyone else.

Seohyun was one of the rare cases. In the beginning, she didn't like school at all. She entered when she was 12, while everyone entered at age 7 , junior year 1.  People whispered things about her, they judged her, the schools first "late bloomer" they called her, many side eyed her, and others were afraid of befriending her. 

However that all changed when she turned 15. An accident in class resulted in releasing much of her power, she was then called out and made to transfer classes. Now, what made her special was that her uniform coat was changed to that of light pink, and she was one out of the 7 that belonged to the Special Class , and boy was she glad to have found her place, because in the special class , she was accepted , taken care of, and loved by her fellow unnies and she loved every minute of it. The sorting of classes begins once their power starts to manifest to that of a higher potential. It wasn't really hw special or unique your power was, but how much potential and energy your power has innately. People were split into different power classes that determine their power rank and uniform.Where special class had pink as their primary colors, A class was blue. A class consisted of the powerful as well but less deadly with less reach and potential. Some examples include invisibility , divination, and illusion powers. B class was red, usually filled with more passive powers such as flying , talking to the dead and animal pheromone while C class was basic black, which consisted of the junior school kids and the most simple powers such as controlling a fly and many more.

Making her way to the great oak tree outside, the 16 year old  was excited to tell her "sisters" about the rumors she had heard. Outside , many students parted the way for her. Students from the special class were seen as royalty in SM and were highly respected and sometimes the cause of envy. 

Did she say highly respected? Because the sight that greeted her made her take her words back. Hanging from the tree upside down was SooYoung, one of her hands wrapped around the tree trunk in loops and loops while her neck was as long as a giraffe, with her other hand feeding herself a sandwich. Sooyoung was  literally Elastic Girl, it was as if her body was made out of Rubber. 

To understand why one of her arms are wrapped around the tree in loops was not hard. At the bottom of the tree was Hyoyeon going round and round in circles, tying her arm in a knot. Hyoyeon had super speed and was able to move to places in a blink of an eye. 

"Yah!!! Untie me!" 


"That's for taking my sandwich you shikshin!!" 


"YAHHHH I was hungry" Sooyoung wailed. "I'm stuck!! She double knotted my arm!!!" 


Loud laughter could then be heard from our himyoona, who had super strength. Her infection crocodile laughter spreading to even the onlookers.


Taeyeon could only shake her head while smiling, used to their antics as she sat against the tree, listening to music. Taeyeon had the ability to read people's minds, and hence she was often plugged in to music, wanting some peace and quiet that her powers have denied her of.

"Unnie! Did you hear...." seohyun said, only to be cut off in fright by Yuri teleporting right in front of her.


"Stop doing that!" She said with a hand over her heart. 

Completely ignoring her, Yuri quickly got the attention of everyone including Taeyeon, who took her headphones down. 

"I heard there are two new students!!" She exclaimed. 
"What...? What's the hype about new students?" Sooyoung said as she came down from the tree, with Seohyun untying her. 
"No no they're slow bloomers I think! And guess what, they're ... they're ...." Yuri hyperventilated, clearly too excited about this drama occuring. 

"Senior year 1, 18 years old" Taeyeon muttered , reading the mind of Yuri and finishing it for her. 

Gasping, seohyun was shocked. She was the only slow bloomer in many years and even at 12 years of age , she was judged by everyone. Now there were 2 that were coming in at 18?! 

"18?! Woah! That's the oldest slow bloomer ever!!" Hyoyeon exclaimed 


"I know!!" Yuri shouted back. 

"Omo omo, shall we spy?? I heard they're in the headmasters office now" Yoona told the rest as they hatched a plan. 

Sunny was a genius inventor, she could create gadgets and things and make them come to life. In her hands now was a fly that would project what the fly sees to them. Setting it free, she controlled it to sneak into the headmasters office. 

"Oooooh, that's cool. Go in go in!" 


"Sssshhhh you'll alert the other students!" 


"There! I see them!" 


And then gasps were heard. 


"Is that.... are they...." Hyoyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter