seven

hell is where i dreamt of u and woke up alone

Mental illness has been a part of Yerin's life ever since she was a high school student. From then on, everything was just difficult and too much for her to handle. Her parents divorcing, financial problems, choosing between her mother and father who she equally loved, trying to balance between grades and going to court all the time. Sometimes she wonders why she's alive and doing all these things when she could just disappear and no one would care. 

All and all, her mother noticed how her daughter has been behaving and decided to get her checked. Yerin obviously didn't want to at first, but after a few persuasions from her mother she decided to give in. So, they went for a few checkups and Yerin is now diagnosed with Atypical Depression and Acute Insomnia.  

She wasn't really all that surprised when the doctor informed her of the new-found diagnosis but rather she was a more relieved that it wasn't anything worse. She speculated that her hallucinations might be from something like Schizophrenia, even though they don't appear often. Now that she knows, it made more sense. 

Yerin is simple minded, and a tad bit oblivious as one might say. But it's not to the point where she would get lied to often because she had tricks up her own sleeve too.  

Nonetheless, all those restless nights seem to end when Sinb came into her life.  

It wasn't one of those cliché movie stories where Yerin falls in love with Sinb and somehow every problem in the world seem to solve itself. They both started off as friend's due to being in a few same classes together and most times they would eat lunch with each other too. And then slowly, Yerin found that she grew fond of Sinb way too much. You could say the same thing happened to Sinb too.  

One restless night, Yerin kissed Sinb, and Sinb kissed back. That's how they declared their relationship.  

They talked about it for hours because all this time they'd do things a couple would do but they were never a couple to begin with. Although now that they are, it just made more sense. 

 Sinb was well aware by the fact that Yerin is diagnosed with Atypical Depression but never knew she had Acute Insomnia. She noticed how tired and exhausted Yerin could be sometimes but only thought it was one of the symptoms of her depression.  

Yerin didn't tell her because she didn't want to worry the girl and even if she knew, what could she do anyways?  

However, there was this one time that Yerin seemed so restless and dare she say, lifeless. Sinb couldn't help but ask if she was okay because she just looked so tired and looked like she hasn't slept in days.  

In that time period, it was the longest Yerin's gone without sleep. Two and half weeks, she counted and might've even lost count. She couldn't take it anymore and when Sinb asked, she broke into tears because she was just so tired. She wasn't able to focus in her classes; her mind was starting to hallucinate and she started hearing voices. She even second guessed Sinb's presence in front of her at the time.  

Obviously Sinb wasn't sure how to process the new information her girlfriend had told her, but she wanted to try something that they've never done. Sleeping together.  

Sinb made sure that Yerin was all set to go for a good night's sleep, she bought Yerin a new pair of very comfortable pajama's (and for herself too so they could match), new bed sheets and some scented candles that she thought the latter would enjoy. She even made Yerin drink a warm cup of milk because milk makes everyone sleepy.  

Soon after they slid into Yerin's bed sharp at 10:30 PM. With Sinb being the bigger spoon cuddling Yerin's back. 

At first Yerin faced the same direction as her girlfriend but she wasn't very fond of that so instead, she turned to face Sinb burying her face into the crook of Sinb's neck. Inhaling a scent that she's never smelled before. An addictive smell that only Sinb had, as weird as it is, she loved every whiff she took into her nostrils. 

She positioned her thighs in between Sinb's and a smile formed on her lips that Sinb could feel against her neck. The younger girl too smiled to herself at how much of a baby her girlfriend could be but she didn't mind. She loved this as much as she did.  

And just like that, Sinb felt her girlfriend's breathing slow down. Soon enough she had her eyes shut too. The last thing Sinb had in her mind was a tad bit of pride, happy that she's able to make the love of her life overcome a struggle, overcoming it together, in each other's arms. She couldn't have it any other way. 


Hi! I'd like to explain somethings and hopefully you'll read this in order to understand the story more. 

What is Acute Depression? 

- Well, to sum it up it's basically a type of depression that depends on your environment and your surroundings. A simple positive event, (ex. you got an A for a test) could lift up your mood. 

What is Acute Insomnia? 

- There's only two types of insomnia (at least from what I researched). One being acute and another is chronic. It's self explainatory but if you still don't get it, this type of insomnia happens when a person has unhealthy sleeping habits (ex. sleeping during the day, always staying up late) and it could also be due to stress. What differs acute from chronic is that, well chronic insomnia is the worst kind. Not being to sleep for days and could go up to a month meanwhile acute happens like seasons.

If you have any questions regarding this please comment below, although I'm not diagnosed with acute depression (and not that I'm self diagnosing) I personally think I have personal experience with it. I'll try my best to explain to you! :) 

One last thing, I'd like to thank for the lovely comments and all the new subscribers that have came through. This actually only started as a one shot and I don't know why I continued it haha. I hope my writing style doesn't annoy of you because it can be annoying to read at times. And I hope none of you mind that the updates are short, like I said in a previous chapter I'm just writing this to get things off my mind that's all. But yeah, thank you again and I hope you enjoyed this slightly long chapter. xx