ten

hell is where i dreamt of u and woke up alone

"Yerin, we need to talk about your roommate"  

"What? Why? You two know each other?"  

"Let's go somewhere else and talk" 

Confusion struck my mind but I only nodded in agreement as she leads the way down our dorm. After a few blocks, passing by the McDonalds, we entered this café that the both of us always stop by over either to fill time or do assignments. It's been awhile since we've been here together. 

It's not a sit and talk session without our drinks, so we got those first and sat down at our usual spot. Which is your typical by the window seating that showed the outside view of the café pretty well. It's a wonderful place to have a chitchat and it dumbfounds me how nobody sits her as often as we do. 

Sinb took a few sips of her drink with her eyebrows furrowed and pursed lips, again, deep in thought and thinking of something to say. Her eyes avoided my own pair as she focuses on the wooden table we've acquainted. That deja-vu type of feeling came over me as I waited for her to collect her thoughts. 

"That Kim Sojung..."  

"My new rommate, yes, Kim Sojung" I joked stating the obvious trying to lift up the mood. This really seemed to bother her and for whatever reason, I'm sure it's something worth hearing her out for.  

"I think she's the girl that I slept with"  

An 'o' shaped formed on my lips with my eyebrows raised.  

"Really? Are you sure?"  

"Yeah... her hair, I remember her hair... Wait, are you okay with this?"  

Sinb's eyes finally left the table and darted straight to mine, I only continued to tap on my cup of iced chocolate latte.  

"I mean... I guess? It's in the past anyways" 

Isn't this how you're supposed react? I'm not sure. 

"You're not mad? At me? At her?"  

I sighed deeply as I gather my thoughts on what to respond to her. It's difficult to give an immediate response.  

"Do you want me to be mad? At her? At you?"  

"What? No- but- I- Aish"  

"I guess we'll be hanging out more at your place now, though-"  

"Yerin, do you get what I'm saying? She's the girl that I cheated on you with- don't you feel a little... like"  

She's doing something with her hands to describe what she's trying to convey. I get where she's coming from. I should be mad- no- in fact I should be furious right now.  Both at her and Sojung. But what could all of us get from that? What could I get from that? 

So instead I remain calm and remind myself that I've forgiven Sinb for what she's done, and I've let it dwell in the past. What else is there for me to do?  

"And the fact that she's your roommate- wow"  

She slumped back against her seat with a huff, her eyes now looking outside the window in disbelief.  

I purse my own lips after taking a sip of my drink.  

"I... guess I'm not mad? I don't know what to feel Sinb. You know I'm not good with feelings"  

She looked back at me after my words, my eyes staring back at hers. It was like she was trying to find something in them. I reach out for her free hand and gave it a little squeeze. 

"Okay"  

"Okay"  

"I still think we should talk to her and get things out of the way, I'll do it if you don’t want to"  

"I'll talk to her myself, alone

Only god knows the things that'll come out of her if I let her talk to Sojung. Judging by the way she acted at our dorm room, she definitely recognized Sinb too.  

"Fine" and with that, I gave her hand another squeeze of reassurance, running my thumb across caressing it softly. Her hands are always so soft and nice to hold. 

-- 

Sinb and I parted to our respective homes with a kiss. I reminded her to that I'll talk to Sojung and now I'm in front of my own dorm room door. I'll have to get used to sharing now I guess.  

I twisted the door knob and entered the room, it was dead silent as always- but now that I have a roommate I suppose I have to be careful every time in case Sojung's asleep. 

It wasn't late though, but you never know when people decide to take a nap. Funny coming from someone like me, I never take naps. Not because I don't want to, it was just difficult and attempting it is useless.  

As I entered, I prayed to god that nothing was messed with and thankfully nothing was. She was sitting on her study desk when she turned around to look at me putting the pen she was holding down. 

I opened my jacket and placed it on the coat hanger, sighing while I do. I'm exhausted. 

"Long day?"  

"Something like that- hey, can I talk to you about something?" 

I took a seat on my bed and ran my hands down my thighs. Sojung only hummed in response so I continued. 

"Do you happen to... know Sinb? The girl I was with just now"  

As if the room wasn't already pin drop silent, Sojung only pursed her lips with her eyes quivering towards the floor. I continued.

"I'll take that as a yes? It's alright, she told me what happened. Just so you know we're in a relationship but I'm not mad at either of you. If anything I hope we can get along and be friends" 

She finally looked up from the floor to look at me again. Blinking a couple of times with her eyebrows furrowed in a little, confused. Is it really weird for me to react this way?  

"I... I'm sorry for what happened- I should've have known someone like Sinb would be in a relationship. It will never happen again"  

"Thank you, let's put all of this behind us yeah?" I told her with a smile and she nodded.

"Have you eaten?"  

Sojung shook her head indicating a no. "Let's order pizza? I haven't eaten either, only drank coffee just now"  

"I'm starving, I'll order it"  

I nodded and got up from my bed. "I'm gonna go wash up" and headed straight to the bathroom. I took out my phone and texted Sinb. 

[4:50 PM You] I talked to Sojung, it's all good now 

Just when I was about to put my phone away to continue with I planned to do, a reply came in.  

[4:50 PM TtinBOh... Okay, what are you doing right now? 

[4:50 PM You] About to shower 

[4:51 PM Ttinb] Don't have fun without me now 😉  We still haven't finished what YOU started 

[4:51 PM You] Don't worry, I won't...maybe 😉 

With that last message, I placed my phone by the cabinet and removed my clothes before hopping in the shower for a refreshing rinse. 


Personally this is a bad chapter and I don't think I portrayed the feelings right. So I MIGHT rewrite this if any ideas come to mind. But for now, I hope you at least enjoyed some part of this chapter. 

-- ALSO OUR GIRLS ARE COMING BACK AUGUST 1ST LET'S ALL TREAT THEM WELL BY SUPPORTING THEIR HARD WORK!!!!!