two

hell is where i dreamt of u and woke up alone

Sinb had Yerin in her arms for the whole night, her mind being awake for the first half hour as her wild beating heart wouldn't calm down. When she finally was about to asleep, she felt Yerin's breathing get heavier, like she was angry. Her chest heaving up and down, shallow and the pace was catching up fast. Sinb knew exactly was what going on. 

She remembers the first time it happened very clearly. Yerin wasn't always the one to be mentally stable, at time her mood swings were unpredictable, causing the girl too much stress which lead to unhealthy sleeping habits. That's also how her acute insomnia started to happen. Whenever she slept, it was a blessing and a curse. She would be in deep sleep and all of a sudden her mind would be wide awake, but her body wasn't.  

The first night it happened Sinb only thought Yerin was going through a nightmare and tried woke the latter up but soon realized the girl wasn't waking up. Although panicked, she managed to get herself together and gently tried to wake Yerin up. She noticed her eyelids were half opened, but her eyeballs were furiously swerving from side to side. She resorted to hugging the girl tightly and whispered into her ears calmly informing her that she's here for her when she wakes up. 

After a few seconds, Sinb felt Yerin's body tense and hugged it tighter, closer like she was never going to let go. Gently rubbing the latter's back as she lets out hysterical cries and uncontrollable sobs.  

"It's okay baby I'm here.."  

Later they found out what Yerin experienced was sleep paralysis. It continued to happen every now and then, and every time it did Yerin would always wake up crying as it's a terrifying experience.  

Sinb got up from her sleeping position and took a second to look at the girl in front of her, she felt guilty. She hated herself for letting this happen to Yerin. She knew Yerin didn't deserve any of this, she didn't deserve Yerin 

She sat the girl up, noticing how light she has gotten even though it's only been a week. It brought back memories of the first encounter, with her eyelids half open and eyeballs moved fiercely from side to side desperate to wake up. She kissed the girls lips before pulling her closer to her body. Letting Yerin's cold body embrace Sinb's warm one, balancing the temperatures together. Like it's always been, Sinb rubbed the Yerin's back softly and whispered things she's always had said. 

"I'm here.." 

"I'll be here when you wake up baby don't worry.."  

"You'll be okay.." 

"Those monsters aren't real, I know you're strong enough to fight them" 

More guilt started filling up her veins, a hypocrite.  She thought. "I hope you'll be okay"