twenty three

hell is where i dreamt of u and woke up alone

Every couple argues. That’s a given, of course. But why did this argument got Sinb so worked up? Because aren’t arguments supposed to be healthy for a relationship? Isn’t it healthy to have disagreements? If so then why did Sinb felt so frustrated to her core when it happened? She shouldn’t feel this way but she does and it’s beginning to take a toll on her. She hasn’t spoken to Yerin for days now and as worried as she is her ego doesn’t seem like it wants to back down anytime soon.

 

Sinb doesn’t want this. The last thing she wants is to hurt Yerin again, she told herself that she wasn’t going to do that anymore but here she is, running away from her problems again. Though this time it feels more like resentment than avoiding because of guilt and she can’t put her finger on why that is.

 

Yerin wondered how long “later” meant to Sinb, because it’s been days and she’s still waiting for a call, a knock on her dorm room door, a text, anything really. She’s still waiting with her heart heavy and empty mind.

 

Sinb was beginning to ask herself why Yerin was the way she is. Like why couldn’t she understand the simplest of things? It was as if she wasn’t even trying and that annoyed her so much that she has had enough of it. And that’s why she snapped.

 

“Yerin, I’m just trying to tell you that I don’t like it when you say you’d text me but you don’t. I’d just prefer if you kept these simple promises to me, if you can’t then don’t. It’s that simple” Sinb tried explaining as her blood began to boil.

 

Yerin only sat mum with a confused face. “I don’t understand Sinb-yah… what’s the big deal?”

 

Sinb clenched her jaw. This isn’t the first time Sinb’s mentioned this to her and it’s started to get really frustrating that she has to keep repeating this over and over like a broken record.

 

“Because you keep me waiting goddamn it! Yerin, you know damn well that I have my life to attend to when we’re not spending time together and the least you can ing do is let me know you’re ing okay! Especialy when you say you’d do so?! How many times do I have to repeat myself for you to understand?!” Sinb yelled.

 

Taken aback, Yerin continued to stay mum and darted her eyes to the floor.

 

“But you’ve done the same thing before, why is it that when I do it it’s upsetting all of a sudden? Is it because of me?” Yerin tried to reason, her eyes still looking down.

 

“Oh here we go again, huh? You really can’t go a second without making things about you can you? I’m honestly appalled. I can’t deal with this right now, I have so much on my plate already”

 

“Sinb-yah, what are you trying to say? I’m sorry, please don’t be angry…” Yerin voice croaked before Sinb cuts her off.

 

“I really can’t deal with you right now, Yerin-ah. Can you please leave?”

 

“Please don’t make me go” Yerin begged in a whisper. She was almost at the verge of tears and that was very apparent in her voice. Sinb almost gave in.

 

“Yerin-ah, please. We’ll talk later” was Sinb’s final words to her lover. And with that, Yerin got up and left with tears rolling down her cheeks. As soon as the door closes, Sinb broke down on her knees as if she has been holding everything back for weeks.

 

No calls, no texts, no knocks. 5 days and 5 hours, Yerin counted. It’s almost been a week, her mind is still empty.

 

And Sinb is still angry, it’s like this burning pit at the core of her stomach that she can’t get rid off no matter what she thought about. She’s beginning to feel trapped.

 

They can’t keep going on like this, as much as Sinb loves her dear Yerin, they can’t keep getting into these type of arguments. It’s unhealthy, especially when Sinb really tries to communicate and make Yerin understand but in the end, it’s the same cycle.

 

Yerin says she’ll try, and after they make up everything is great, everything feels like a fantasy but one way or another she’ll do something that ticks Sinb off and Sinb being the person she is, she tells Yerin why it bothers her right away, and rinse and repeat. It almost seems like Yerin doesn’t care, but Sinb knows deep down she does, but she can also clearly see that Yerin isn’t trying as hard as she says she is.

 

Sinb loves her Yerin with all her being. But if this keeps happening, she’s afraid that she’s going to end up falling out of love because of resentment and frustration. That can’t happen. Really, that’ll be cruel to the both of them.

 

Every couple has their problems but do they always lead to this conclusion? Sinb ends up questioning about her love for Yerin. Is she still in love with her? Or has she fallen out of love and that’s why this is so frustrating in the first place? She doesn’t know. She feels trapped.