twelve

hell is where i dreamt of u and woke up alone

Today was one of those days for Yerin. 

Her mind blank but not so, too many thoughts were rushing through. All her doubts and troubles seem to be attacking her all at once. 

Sighing heavily, she blinks blankly at the ceiling above her. The same ceiling she's been staring at for about an hour now. 

It's also been about a month that Sojung and her had begun being roommates and the red haired girl couldn't help but take notice of Yerin's unusual habits.  

Like how tired Yerin looked all the time, how sometimes all she would do is lay in her bed and stare at the ceiling above her. Sometimes Sojung would have the sudden urge to wake up in the middle of the morning for a small trip to the toilet, and Yerin would be wide awake either on her phone or staring outside her dorm room window. 

Yerin also sighed a lot, Sojung thought. Sighs that sounded exhausted, tired, any synonym of those words that you can think of.  

"You okay there, Yerin?" Sojung said putting an end to the silence they had in the room, but there's no response from the latter. 

So she spun her seat around and saw Yerin, still looking at the ceiling above her. Deep in thought with her eyebrows almost meeting together, as if she's angry even. 

"Yerin..?"  

"Huh...? What'd you say?" Yerin finally says snapping out of her rush of thoughts. She made an effort to turn her head to face Sojung, even. 

The red haired girl only continued to stare at her roommate, eyes filled with concern and worry. She observed Yerin's pale face, with dark circle under her glistering red eyes- probably due to exhaustion.  

"I know we're not close or anything, and we're merely roommates- but is everything okay with you?" Sojung cleared and asked. She thinks Yerin is a wonderful roommate even though she can be a little of a klutz sometimes. 

Yerin furrowed her eyebrows at the question. There has never been an "okay" in her book.  

"I- I mean, it's okay if you don't want to talk about it, but you look so tired and I don't see you sleep all that often"  

"I have Acute Insomnia and Atypical Depression" Yerin simply replied pursing her lips together. Sojung titled her head.  

"Oh... well- that explains everything I guess. Is there anything I could do to help or...?"  

Yerin had always admired Sojung. She admired that she understood so quickly, she admired that she's even offering help. Not many people take her condition seriously and she's definitely glad that her roommate isn't one of those people.  

"I don't think it's going away any time soon but thank you, it means a lot"  

Sojung only shrugged. She wanted to help but she didn't know what to do. 

"How are you and Sinb?"  

"Fine, she's coming over later. Hope that's okay"  

"Not like she's going to leave if I say anything, but yeah of course it's okay"  

"Sojung, have you ever been in love?"  

The sudden question froze the red haired girl like no other. Yerin only observed her roommate with her head still turned to her, she cracked a small smile looking at how flustered Sojung had gotten. 

"Sorry, it's just these thoughts I have and they won't go away. I figured maybe they would if I voiced them"  

"It's okay- um- I'm not sure? Are you- in love? With Sinb?"  

"I think so yeah"  

"That's... great. At least you have some of your feelings sorted out"  

Yerin felt her neck started to hurt so she turned her body sidewards to face Sojung properly with her smile still intact. 

"So who's gotten our Kim Sojung so whipped?"  

"I'm not whipped!"  

"Has anyone ever told you you're a terrible liar?"  

"I'm not- lying"  

"Really now? Who's the lucky girl?"  

"Yu- no one!"  

"Come on Sojung, Yu...?"  

"Na. Yuna. Choi Yuna"  

"There she is, she has a pretty name"  

"Yeah... she is..."  

Yerin heard that sad tone Sojung had and somehow her heart felt it too.  

"What's up? She's not into girls?"  

"That's the thing, I'm not sure! For all I know she could as straight as a pole on the sidewalk!"  

"And poles can be bent, Sojung. Use your charms"  

"What charms could that possibly be Yerin? You know I'm not that interesting of a person"  

"Tell you what, Sinb has an amazing gaydar"  

Speaking of the devil, or angel in Yerin's book, Sinb barges into the room with takeaway McDonalds in her hands.  

"Hey love" Yerin greeted her girlfriend and finally sits up from her laying down position. Sinb only smiled widely at the pet name and gave Yerin her order of the fast food.  

"So like I was saying, Sinb has a pretty powerful gaydar"  

"Who's the target?" The latter asked as she fed Yerin a few fries. "You want some, Sojung?" The red haired girl reached out her long arms and took a few into . 

"Her name is Choi Yuna" Yerin answered and now she's unwrapping her Spicy Chicken McDeluxe, almost drooling at the sight and smell. 

"Choi Yuna...? You mean Yuna that also goes by Yuju? The singer? And sort of a dancer too" 

Sojung's eyes went wide. 

"You know her?"  

"I dance and she's in my class"  

"What a small world we live in" Yerin stated while munching on her burger.  

"So you like her then, Sojung? Yerin please east slowly you're going to choke"  

Yerin only continued to munch on her burger like a 7 year old while Sojung darted her eyes to the floor.  

"She's biual, I think. That's the vibe I'm getting from her at least"  

"Oh..." Is the only thing Sojung could respond with. "But how good is your gaydar? And that's a thing?"  

"Yes, Sojung it's a thing. And I guessed you right"  

"What'd you guessed me as?"  

"A full-blown lesbian"  

"Aissh..."  

The red haired girl only glared at Sinb as she reaches out for more fries while Yerin tried her best to contain her laugh as she took a few sips of the coke that Sinb was feeding her. 


i know.. i know- I , i at everything and that includes updating. kind off a long chapter for all of you so i hope you can forgive me for being very inactive. i havent had the time to update and plus i had no ideas. i'm actually taking a hiatus from writing but i couldn't help myself and just continued to write anyways because out of all times i finally got some ideas in head. 

and thank you to everyone who has subscribed and to everyone who comments! it means a lot and like every author, it motivates me to write more :))) i love you all please have a nice day ahead of you!