Fire

Heroic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I thought we already talked about this, Yuri."

 

"You said that you'll come back to me after three–"

 

"To hell with that! You didn't even dare to stop cheating on my back! Don't you even deny that. Someone told me you're sleeping with the es I threw around before." Jessica hissed over the line, her hand loudly slapped the hard table.

 

"J-Jessica, that's not true at all! Who said that–" Yuri was cut off, a loud shriek roamed her poor eardrums.

 

"It's Taeng!" Jessica screamed. With her boisterous voice, Wheein was startled from her room. "Taeyeon told me everything. She doesn't have a single fault in this mess you made. You are the one in fault here and you will pay it back." She emphasized her words through rash breaths.

 

Yuri went quiet, completely guilty for what she did wrong and for denying. "Okay, I will leave you for now but believe me, just for now. I love you so much, Jessica."

 

Before Jessica could shout about how cowardly Yuri is for leaving her alone, the line went down already, the ending beep followed by.

 

Wheein knocked by her sister's door several times. Waiting for some kind of response, she was surprised that Jessica suddenly opened the door and launched herself towards the latter, tears wetting Wheein's shirt.

 

"Why do I keep heeding her words when it's all senseless?" Jessica sobbed, hugging Wheein's neck. She buried her head on the neck, cries and sobs muffled.

 

Wheein was taken aback, "Unnie, let's go to your room, shall we?" She hooked her arms on Jessica's waist and took a step forward, leading her crying sister who didn't stop wailing. When she found out that it was hard to lead the older sister in her way, she heaved the latter upwards, carrying her with an arm placed under the thigh for support.

 

"Wheein, am I ugly?" Jessica asked, her tone cracking with loneliness and hurt.

 

She laid down Jessica gently on the bed, taking down her wrapped arms on her neck to place it on by her sides. "Not at all, unnie." Wheein said, her expression blank but her brown eyes screamed anger towards the worthless being who made her sister cry.

 

"Then why did she keep looking for others? Am I that unlovable?" Jessica blatantly asked, not minding her questions that barely resembled the actual sorrow and longing for that woman named Yuri.

 

Wheein scooted over Jessica's side, leaning back on the headboard to put her sister's head on her arm. "One does not seek worthiness. Instead, worthiness finds you in the eyes of destiny." She kissed the crown of Jessica's head softly. "Unnie, whoever that person is, if she truly loves you she would never want to lose her way to talk with you. Maybe she had reasons, those reasons that are absurd for us but definitely could mean a lot for her."

 

"Wheein, I didn't know you're such a hopeless romantic." Jessica joked, her weary smile reached Wheein's sight. The latter returned a small smile, "You didn't know because you didn't ask."

 

"But we're not yet fine to the point that we get to do this thing," Jessica responded, a bit hesitant with the choice of words.

 

"You asked for it, right? Companionship. I have my truest intentions to enrich our sisterly relationship so I gave you what you want." Wheein grinned.

 

"You said so. What's the point of elaborating it?"

 

"It goes the same with your situation. You couldn't possibly know if you'll never risk asking." Wheein stated, her gaze landed on Jessica's head which she found it very beautiful.

 

"What do you mean?" Jessica supported herself up, wiping the tears away from her cheeks and she faced Wheein with a puzzled look.

 

"Her reasons. No one does evil nor good without reasons. It also applies to that person, being the human we all are. I'm sure she has reason for her bad deed, whatever it is."

 

Jessica kept mum, her breaths slowly stabilizing and synchronising with Wheein's. "But Yuri already left me," Her voice purred and Wheein couldn't help but to pat her sister's back to comfort her.

 

"Nobody leaves one's destined paradise unless he's being taken away by his own free will."

 

Jessica was getting confused with Wheein's deep thoughts, her eyebrows furrowed. "Stop being a hermit, it doesn't fit your dog-like face," She joked but Wheein continued to speak, her mind wandered somewhere else.

 

"What's her reason to leave such paradise?"

 

Reflecting, her situation was eeriely similar without the cheating part. Instead, she was being driven by something irrational yet justifying force inside her to keep thinking about Solar. Being the realist she was, Wheein didn't take it as a big deal because it didn't made sense but as long as she ignored it, it kept growing.

 

Just like that moment Solar stole a kiss on her lips. Wheein closed her eyes with a grim expression. Her insides screamed conflict and warfare, two parties argued with one another. Nothing made sense. Solar clearly gave her the signal; to fall for her without doubts because she's there to catch Wheein.

 

"Wheein, are you okay?"

 

No, I'm not falling in love yet. Byulyi unnie likes Solar unnie and I will not take the role as a meathead er, Wheein hissed under breath. This feelings were baseless, just infatuation towards Solar. Nothing big, nothing serious. Wheein shrugged off the thoughts but a certain realization hit her messed up mind.

 

The moment that Solar kissed her, she felt complete.

 

-earlier-

 

Solar had kissed me. Holy .

 

Solar deepened the kiss with arms s around the latter's shoulders, hand buried on her hair. It triggered Wheein so deep that her mind snapped off from her body. 

 

Wheein reciprocated the kiss with her primal instinct, mindlessly returning what Solar had gave her at that moment. Their soft lips overlapped with each other, so gently that it tickled Solar's sensitive senses. Her hand grasped Wheein's brown locks, massaging her scalp soothingly. A low grunt came from Wheein's throat, unable to breath with the tension between them.

 

Wheein bit Solar's lower lip and broke apart, her breath heavy and erratic. Panting for more oxygen, Solar had been staring deeply within the latter's conflicted eyes.

 

"Why did you kiss me?" Wheein asked, her non-responsive mind still snapped off from her system.

 

"Why did you kiss back?" Solar asked back, a wide smile curved her slightly swollen lips.

 

Wheein couldn't answer. Taking her arms away from Solar's waist, she used the back of her hand to cover her lips, the trail of saliva that Solar left from the kiss. "Byulyi unnie likes you. I don't like you like the way she likes you. This is just a spur of the moment, no big deal." She monotonously said, void of emotion. "I'm sorry, unnie. I can't return your feelings. Bye." Turning her heel to walk away from Solar, the older girl spoke with an almost breaking voice.

 

"You like me, Wheein. Don't deny it."

 

Don't deny it. "Stop, you don't know me well enoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter