Oh no.

Heroic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wheein, who is this?" A feminine voice startled Solar, breaking apart from the tight hug.

 

Noticing that Solar suddenly froze with intimidation, Wheein immediately answered without filter, mindlessly saying before her sister could claw the soul out of Solar.

 

"She's Kim Solar, a new addition to the Class 6-A. I helped her earlier this morning so she seemed fond with me." She nervously laughed, convincing Krystal with the truth. Sometimes Krystal was known for concluding things on her own and Wheein didn't want her sister to misunderstand.

 

Krystal literally scanned Solar from head to toe, gaze never left on the transferee. "She seems like she grew up abroad. Aren't you?" She narrowed her eyes.

 

"Y-Yes, I am." Solar squeaked, gulping hard due to the icy woman who seemed to be Wheein's sister.

 

Krystal nodded slowly then she looked at Byulyi, "So you're two-timing me at my back, Moonstar?" She snarled, the atmosphere dropped Celsius lower due to her jealousy.

 

"Soojung unnie, we're already over three months ago. Am I that handsome that you can't move on?" Byulyi winked and Krystal cringed, her arms now folded.

 

"How dare you say that." Krystal chided.

 

"By the way, how did you get here, unnie? Wheein said you're coming home at the end of the month and you're here already," Hyejin inquired.

 

"My boss approved my short leave so I headed straight here. Also, I left my personal belongings and important paperworks. Might as well bring Moonstar to States with me." She winked, paying back the cringeness. 

 

Byulyi blanched, "Ew. Still desperate huh."

 

"You do know I'm kidding, right? Also, I'll be your temporary English teacher so learn your place, Byulyi. I'll be filling in for two weeks." Krystal declared, her hand pointing on the tall girl's forehead. "So no more past for now nor love business." She flicked it with the snap of her finger, making Byulyi yelp in pain. "Ouch!"

 

"Unnie, have you heard about Wendy...?" Wheein's voice was hesitant, suddenly doubting her decision to ask about that certain person in front of Solar.

 

"I saw her at Harvard. She's doing well, thanks to you." Krystal spat, her tone venomous. She looked at Wheein with a killing intent. "Don't you dare following that ." She gritted her teeth. Solar was confused about the sister's conversation. Meanwhile, Hyejin coughed and laughed, diverting the icy woman's attention onto her.

 

Wheein just bitterly smiled, chuckling while shaking her head disappointingly. Is it my fault for being kind? How I wish I had my father's attitude, not my mother's, she scoffed.

 

"Are you okay?" Solar worriedly asked Wheein, who kept quiet after Krystal's harsh words.

 

"I'm fine. You're wondering why did she suddenly lash out, huh?" Wheein looked at Solar apologetically. "They're not in good terms, sad to say."

 

Solar nodded, thinking that Wheein wasn't ready to open up to the new addition of their small group.

 

When will I ever get to see Wheein smile for me?

 

-

 

Wheein bid goodbye towards her sister and her three friends with a small smile on her lips. When her gaze met Byulyi's, she couldn't help but to avoid it quickly due to the unknown tension that suddenly appeared. She made her way exiting the classroom, her steps light and quiet until heavy footsteps approached her and eventually had stopped right in front of her.

 

"Wheein-ie, let's talk." Byulyi blocked the small girl's way, making the latter stop on her tracks.

 

"Talk now." Wheein's clipped reply almost faltered Byulyi's courage, knowing that Wheein's patience is short as her height.

 

"I'm sorry for putting up something childish between the two of us." Byulyi sighed, her hands clasped together. "I like Solar unnie so much. I want to be with her, that's all I want." She sincerely said, direct and frank.

 

Wheein smiled but Byulyi couldn't read any emotion in her eyes. "Glad to hear that. I don't feel the same way on Solar unnie like you do." Her heart wrenched to bits, finding it hard and wrong to say those words.

 

"Then, will you help me to get closer with her? She seemed so awkward with me earlier. Please, Wheein-ie?" Byulyi pleaded, her eyes twinkling in anticipation.

 

Wheein could've said no but who knows, it might get that girl out of her system with this way. She nodded slightly, "Of course. I'll try my best."

 

"Wheein-ie, where are you?" Solar's voice was heard from afar. They both looked at the voice's direction, two pair of eyes shone with mixed emotions.

 

I won't get involved, Wheein told herself.

 

I will win Solar unnie's heart, Byulyi encouraged herself.

 

"I better get going. I have something important to attend to," Wheein smiled and excused herself, walking away with her raised hand waving slowly.

 

Solar appeared in front of Byulyi, already missing out Wheein's presence. "Where is Wheein-ie going?" She pouted that hit Byulyi's heart with erratic beats.

 

The tall girl held Solar's hand and squeezed it tight. "Let's go to the classroom now. Lunch is over," She warmly smiled.

 

"But Wheein," Solar said but she was cut off by Byulyi, "She went to attend business. She's the heiress of her father's company, didn't you know that? She's quite famous for being like cold."

 

Solar could only nod, "Oh...I didn't know."

 

"Wheein is a pretty busy person and kind of cold but she has a kind heart. She helped you earlier this morning, right? It kills her deep inside when she does nothing with someone who asks for help." Byulyi explained and Solar quietly listened, absorbing what she had said.

 

"I'm sorry in behalf of her. You're shocked that she became cold after she had helped you, aren't you?"

 

"Yeah...I thought she was something else that I thought." Solar hung down her head, trying to stop the tears from falling. It hurt like hell for her, being ignored after given a warm treatment.

 

Byulyi had let go of her hand and she wrapped her arms around the latter's waist. "Don't cry," Was all she could say. Before she realized herself, she was falling deeper onto the older girl. Her protective instincts kicked in with Solar's fragility.

 

"I like her, I like her," Solar mumbled, refusing to return the hug. From

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter