Stigma

Heroic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At first sight, no one knew how complicated Wheein could be or maybe a few knew, including her small circle of friends. Several years ago, she was a cheerful ball of sunshine who never failed to bring a smile on every people she met despite of the issues automatically attached on her name. It was all fine until she had complications.

 

Complications, speaking of which, Wheein could never forget the moment her life almost went dead like a horizontal line on a ECG. It was a close call to death but the odds were in her favor, saving her by a girl named Wendy. Her life felt like it had found its purpose even though she's blinded by the desire to hold onto something. She was there right beside her when Wheein needed her the most. She was there like the stars residing by the moon, constantly accompanying her through cold, striking nights.

 

Wheein thought everything was fine. By any means, she didn't notice Wendy's harsh silent treatment. She disregarded it in exchange for her saving her own smile but now that everything had ended between them, she chose to set herself free, letting her desperate genuine smile to disappear completely.

 

That girl is just the same with father, a greedy piece of .

 

She thought destiny was her only true enemy. She was wrong. There's also her chaotic mind.

 

"The exchange students from USA are already here. The student council will be attending them for the time being." Krystal spoke, eyes trained specifically on Wheein who found the task very bothersome.

 

"What about our classes?" Asked Hyejin.

 

"The meeting will be quite long. It may take up to four hours maximum so I will be exempting the three of you from the upcoming activities in the affected subjects." Krystal promptly replied.

 

Wheein scoffed. "So we're here to persuade a dozen of them to continue their studies here? Quite the shameless promotion, eh?" She sarcastically said.

 

"Shut your mouth." Krystal reprimanded. "If I ever hear something from the others that you are slacking off, I will not hesitate to report this to your adviser."

 

"Then why the hell not!?"

 

"Wheein, that's enough." Byulyi also chimed in.

 

Wheein shrugged off, her hands went along her mocking action. "Unnie, I did this for two years already. Don't you feel some assurance from me?" She playfully smirked.

 

"Obviously speaking, yes."

 

"Oh. That hurts." Wheein feigned being hurt.

 

"That's enough, Wheein-ie. Solar unnie is left alone for too long, let's go back for now." Hyejin dragged Wheein's left arm forcefully, almost losing the latter's balance. Byulyi followed by after stealing an intentional glance to Krystal.

 

"Bye unnie! Come home later, Sica unnie and me misses you so much!" Wheein managed to shout as the door clicked close. Krystal heard Wheein clearly, fists balling with guilt eating her insides disgustingly.

 

I can't do this. No, not to Wheein.

 

-

 

Outside the door, there lies the Wheein, Byulyi and Hyejin standing on the side of the quiet hallway. Hyejin felt distressed due to the impending bickering of between the two.

 

"Stop mocking your sister like that. You're in a school, Wheein, not in your house!" Byulyi angrily growled, veins softly surfaced on her neck.

 

Wheein was bewildered with Byulyi's sudden lash. "What then? It was just a joke! You do know she doesn't take me seriously." She reasoned.

 

"But it's still not right to do that even if you look it in any possible angles. Inside this school, she's our teacher and she must be respected, do you get it?"

 

"I get that basic point since I was born but I don't get you." Wheein gazed at Byulyi's angered expression with accusing ones. "You're making a big deal out of an understood joke." She stated.

 

Hyejin knew nobody could stop the bickering of the two, not even the teachers. "Hey, the two of you!" She tried to get in the middle but the both of them were almost wall-like beings, unfaltered on their stands.

 

"Krystal unnie looked uncomfortable! If you're really that much of a kid then stop being a jerk at least!" Byulyi chided.

 

"Stooping down low to call me like that?" Wheein sneered. "Well then. Be careful, snakes die in an unexpected time." She smirked.

 

With the offensive line that Wheein spoke, something triggered inside Byulyi's systems and urged to punch right on the latter's face but she would lose if she was to bite Wheein's bait, calming herself down in the process.

 

"I don't have anything else to say." Byulyi ended, walking away from Hyejin and her well-known arch nemesis.

 

I always knew it, Wheein would never become my friend. I ing hate her guts, Byulyi groaned.

 

Wheein and Hyejin, on the other hand, watched the fading figure of their friend disappearing as it turned right.

 

Hyejin sighed, "You ."

 

"I am a human, not a male ia." Wheein countered which earned a brutal punch on her back, almost making her choke with air.

 

"Hey! What was that for!?" She growled.

 

"For being a . Let's go, Byulyi unnie must've been affected too much with your . Don't ever call her a snake again, that's the past already." Hyejin said.

 

Wheein gave off an unaffected smile, "She took it, not my fault!" She guiltlessly said.

 

I've waited for so long to toast that shamelessly hissing snake, Wheein snickered.

 

-

 

"What brings you here?" Tiffany asked, her hand clutching on her purse placed on her lap.

 

Taeyeon looked so depressed yet angered, more like conflicted on what she should actually feel. Jessica could see it through, no matter how she wanted to sit beside her and comfort with all she could, she simply couldn't. Apparently, Jessica felt unrivalled hatred to the woman beside her bestfriend right now.

 

How dare she come here like nothing happened at all? "I should be the one to ask that. What brings you here?" Jessica repeated, enunciating the question laced with hostileness.

 

"I'm not here for some love business." She chuckled lightly. I came for a certain project for Taeyeon's career." Tiffany started, arms folding together. "Regarding the Alpha project, do you know anything about it?"

 

The Alpha project. Jessica rummaged her messed up mind, only to find out that it was the project that Taeyeon and Sooyoung's father collaborated. It was successful and it reached through thousands of doctors' research journals all over the world with remarkable evaluations of being a reliable catalyst for regeneration. They both reached the mightyness with the said project but with the surrounded malicious controversies around that were proved true, Dr. Choi used Taeyeon as a scapegoat. The Kim family's reputation was gradually damaged, exiling her and Yongsun, her little sister to Seoul and acted like they didn't have two daughters at all.

 

"What about it? An actual reboot? No ing way." Jessica cursed. She didn't expect Tiffany to chuckle lightly like it never happened in Taeyeon's life.

 

"Yes, you are right! This time, it is approved by the government bodies. Taeyeon's experience is crucially needed in this said project." Tiffany affirmed.

 

Jessica was seconds away from grabbing Tiffany's hair into baldness until Taeyeon spoke, "I'll do it." She muttered softly.

 

Tiffany was slightly taken aback with her answer. "What the hell!?" Jessica outrageously asked.

 

While Jessica went beside Taeyeon to reprimand the soul out of her, Tiffany felt victorious and all. She was about to be successful with her ex-girlfriend, which she will work on later to turn it back again to "her girlfriend". Taeyeon was still affected with her presence.

 

"Come on, I'm doing this for Wheein." Taeyeon reasoned, her hand scratching her nape due to the tight situation.

 

"Then you're just leaving your sister like that to save someone else!? And that someone else is none other than my sister, that's insane!" Jessica managed to stay calm as possible but her voice was too loud, anger never dared to reside from her own resent to Taeyeon's rashness.

 

"Let's talk about this later, Sica. For now, let's go home." Taeyeon averted her gaze and went to Tiffany who's been staring at her for who knows how long, waiting for Taeyeon's attention.

 

"Tomorrow, seven at eve, Choi's lobby." Tiffany gave off her eyesmile before standing up. "I'll be going now. See you soon." She bowed down and exited the room quietly.

 

With both of their minds in total chaos, Taeyeon managed to let out a deep breath. "I'm sorry for calling you out here."

 

"Tell me why you accepted that ing offer. You learned no lesson!?"

 

"Calm down." Taeyeon held Jessica's shoulders, "I did not directly accept the offer. Before you arrived, she told me that she only needed my guidance for the project. She specifically requested that she should be the one to lead the reboot." She explained as she tried to catch her breath with her lengthy explanation.

 

Jessica suddenly lost her rage at that moment, finding the situation irrational to be angered of. "W-What about Dr. Choi? Don't you value your professional dignity for once?" She asked.

 

"It's the past already. I'm not aiming to become big this time. I'm fairly helping because I want to help your sister as much as I can. She'll benefit a lot from this." Taeyeon answered.

 

Jessica was puzzled with Taeyeon's words, brows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean? What does that project have to do with Wheein?"

 

"I was the one of proponents of that drug. Yong was the test subject, right? I was so angry back then with her being tested but it turns out it helped her case a lot. But then, no one knew besides me and Dr. Choi that the drug was made for your sister."

 

"I don't understand!" Jessica was beyond frustrated, deprived from deserved epiphanies. "Just tell me the goddamn story!"

 

Taeyeon gulped, cowering in fear with Jessica's rage. "The Alpha project was all for Wheein, to keep her alive for the Old Jung's legacy. At that time, Wheein was at the verge of death. Due to the drug's adverse side effects, they somehow l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter