Lie

Heroic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: RATED M wEE wOO wEE wOO -  mild ual content (wOW ALL OF THE SUDDEN, SRSLY E.T.??) nah i want you guys to have a peek to our "mighty" antagonist. enjoy!


"Calling at this crucial hour, you must have desperate issues to tell, huh." Hyejin sneered, voice husked with weariness.

 

"Yongsun. That name rings a million cathedrals even though I don't know her, honestly. Did you see my message that I sent to you?"

 

Hyejin bit her lip, the thought of lying to keep out the truth from her bestfriend could eat her conscience alive but for the sake of the two of them, she would rather die keeping it than starting another chaotic war revealing the connection of the two.

 

"I didn't, also didn't receive it. My phone was off while charging." 

 

"Well, I called you right after. Are you lying?"

 

Hyejin slightly hitched but she managed to answer back hastily, "You do know I don't lie through my teeth." Her face blanched, hoping that Wheein would bite her bait.

 

"Fine. You win. Going back to my agenda, do you know Yongsun? I do know that it's Solar unnie's Korean name but it ticks something else," Wheein kept pondering but she ended up digging nothing but curiosity and confusion.

 

"I can't possibly know her before the three of us first met her. Also, it's been ages since I last threw myself up to Byulyi unnie, so that crosses me out."

 

"But I remember someone telling me that you met a certain girl at States. I don't know. It doesn't make sense, Hyejin-ie." Wheein sighed.

 

"Maybe that was Tiffany Hwang, my surgeon's ex-girlfriend. The memories were too vague and I can't really recall." Hyejin pressed her lips, now lying through her teeth. The truth is, she remembered everything that happened when she was having her surgery in States, all clear. A clue could pave connections in Wheein's meticulous mind.

 

"Argh, why am I even bothered with a person I just met a day ago? Nevermind, the headache is slowly killing me. Did Auntie tell you that I'm taking medications again?" Wheein eventually gave up, letting out a tired sigh. The person over the line internally celebrated, guilt slowly invading her morality.

 

"Meds? I thought you are fully healed now." Hyejin asked, slight worry laced in her tone.

 

"I don't know. Dr. Choi told me that my medicines are needed to be in a higher dosage, considering the latest checkup that I had last month." Wheein explained.

 

The raven haired girl rose from her bed, sitting with her legs tucked in an Indian sitting position. "Higher dosage? That's...unusual. Why would they? Does the usual dosage rendered ineffective? You might get complications!"

 

"But I'd rather take those than lying down in a horrific white room with nothing to do. I want to live, Hyejin, not to die."

 

Hyejin felt tremendously sorry for Wheein. The trauma of her bestfriend from hospitals really affected who she was right now. Sighing in defeat, she lied down again as her silky hair sprawled against the bedsheets. "Fine. 1-1, you win. Regarding your issue with Solar unnie, I'll try to help as much as I can."

 

"Really?" Wheein enthusiastically said.

 

"But with one condition. Tell me why Solar unnie kissed you in the school's garden." Hyejin smirked, rolling the wildest guess she ever risked like a Russian Roulette. 

 

Even though she didn't really know what happened when the both of them disappeared at the 5th period, Minhyuk told her that Wheein went to the school garden. Given that Solar was infatuated with the eyeglassed girl, no doubt, the two of them would definitely settle something between.

 

"I-I..." Wheein, at the other side of the line, felt cornered. She had thought all of the possible happenings where Hyejin would follow the two of them. Logically speaking, Hyejin would never dare to miss class unless she was baited by a bucket of chicken wings. That's fairly impossible.

 

Then who told her?

 

"Cat got your tongue?" Hyejin mused.

 

"First of all, how did you know?" Wheein's voice dropped octaves lower, feigining utter annoyance.

 

So I was right. Lucky me, Hyejin grinned. "Uncle Minhyuk. I asked him where did you scuttle away since he became the subsitute teacher for Social Science. I went there and sneaked a peek through the screen of the door." She irkfully reasoned.

 

Wheein groaned bad and Hyejin knew she won again that time. If they ever settled something unbearable for Byulyi, then-

 

"She kissed me because she said she fell for me." Wheein hesitantly said.

 

Tossing herself to the side, Hyejin started to feel nervous, guts churned violently. "Then?"

 

"Even though I find it very unfair for Byulyi unnie, I told her that..." Wheein paused, gulping loudly which Hyejin heard clearly. The sweat beaded on her forehead and she immediately wiped it away, her eyeglasses bumped into slight disarray.

 

"What?" Hyejin brought forth.

 

"I told her that I liked her too, to be honest. I lost myself in front of her. I don't ing know what she did. It seemed so damn easy for me to breakdown in front of her."

 

She coughed lightly, clearing up her itchy throat. "My walls broke down so easy that she came in like a reckless wrecking ball. I'm a wreck in her eyes that time, Hyejin-ie." Wheein added.

 

The raven haired girl felt shocked but she had anticipated it all along. Wheein's sudden change of attitude in front of the mysterious girl gave it off. "You're saying that...you're weak to Solar unnie?" She asked, affirming Wheein's ramblings.

 

"...yes." Wheein mumbled.

 

"How about Byulyi unnie? Are you planning to pursue Solar unnie?" Hyejin warily inquired, her thoughts swirled along her messed up mind.

 

"I...don't want it yet. I'm giving Byulyi unnie a chance, she deserves it." Wheein sounded grim.

 

The sight of seeing Solar in Byulyi's arms would mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter