Odd.

Heroic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's go," Solar whispered.

 

Solar noticed Wheein didn't budge, at least she didn't resist. She took it as a chance to drag Wheein inside the restroom, clicking the door close. The two other girls were left outside.

 

Due to the icky feeling pooling between her legs, Solar couldn't bear but to hurry inside a cubicle, "Sorry, Wheein!"

 

"You alright?" Wheein asked, startled with Solar's sudden action.

 

After few moments of silence, Solar groaned. "It leaked through my skirt, ugh." She said, her tone irritated.

 

Wheein panicked for a bit but she regained her cool fast, "Wait here. We'll get something, okay? Just stay there." She said.

 

She rushed outside, almost slipping by her toes. Byulyi and Hyejin was shocked, glaring daggers on Wheein. "What the hell is happening?" Byulyi growled.

 

"Time of the month, skirt leak. Gonna get one in the registrar's office. Be right back."

 

By the moment the two wanted to ask a more elaborate explanation, Wheein had already disappeared, taking a sharp turn with her hidden agility.

 

This was the first time they had seen Wheein act like that. No one could order her around unless you're a close friend of hers. Looking at each other with the same expression, they both knew that change is finally coming onto their friend.

 

Byulyi felt cautious towards the latter. Solar...I think I like her.

 

-

 

Wheein came back with a skirt and in hand. She didn't hesitate charging inside, completely worried with Solar because it took her ten minutes to get all of the things she needed.

 

"Wheein?" Solar asked.

 

"It's me, got you a skirt and...uh..." Wheein suddenly lost her words, finding herself very absurd that the word "" suddenly became embarassing to say. "I'll just put it here, hope I got the right size." She hooked the two items on the cubicle door.

 

"Thank you so much, Wheein. I can't thank you enough for the bother and your effort you have given to me." Solar sincerely said, taking the fresh clothes.

 

After few minutes, Solar came out from the cubicle with her dirtied skirt and underwear in hand. "Oh, where do I put this now?" She blanched.

 

"Here," Wheein put out a paper bag which was the packaging of the fresh clothes she bought earlier. No wonder the registrar said she'll definitely need it.

 

Solar thought the latter was like a girl scout, always prepared and alert. Wheein always had what she needed every time, more like a guardian angel sent from heaven, saving her from this bloody mess. She kept the clothes inside the paper bag and closed it tightly.

 

"Wheein, thank you so much." Solar pulled Wheein with a tight bear hug, making the latter gasp for air.

 

This was her worst first day ever but Wheein was there to make it better. She also thought that Wheein is her very first crush in her new school...well, she's worth it to be a crush, Solar giggled.

 

"Solar, you...are suf..focating me...!" Wheein squeaked. Solar broke apart and faced Wheein with a genuine smile.

 

"Sorry, I'm just so happy that you helped me even though we just met several minutes ago."

 

"I don't want you to be humiliated. Fair to say but guilt will start to eat me if I ever left you there alone. You're welcome, Solar." Wheein smiled.

 

"You are so kind. Thank you again." Solar bowed down that made Wheein blush hard. 

 

"Hey, stand up! W-We have our own greeting right? Here!" Wheein grabbed Solar's shoulder and pushed it upwards, making her stand straight before reaching out her hand for the girl to shake.

 

Solar took her hand and she shook it gently, butterflies doing flips in her stomach. Now that she had found out that Wheein is her crush, she really hoped to the Gods that they'll be classmates for this year.

 

"Shall we go now? We're 20 minutes late for the first period." Wheein suggested, releasing Solar's hand from her grasp.

 

A piercing pain suddenly hit Solar's abdomen, making her curl and lose her balance. Luckily, with Wheein's fast reflexes, she caught Solar in her arms, supporting her weight to keep standing.

 

", dysmenorrhea..." Solar cursed, completely forgetting the fact that her period isn't the only thing she should feel worried.

 

Wheein panicked for the nth time, breaking her record of two panic attacks in a day for the 16 years of her life on Earth. She removed her backpack and she wore it on her front, hooking it on her shoulders. Hunching her back towards Solar, she clicked her tongue for the signal.

 

"Get on my back. I'll take you to the clinic. Byulyi unnie will tell the situation to the teacher."

 

Solar felt like it was too m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter