Sticks...?

Heroic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The alarm blared loudly, almost deafening Wheein's hearing because it fell down by her bed side. Slamming it down, it went quiet, followed by a big yawn from the girl.

 

"Oh, first day," Wheein blinked sleepily, her hand scratching her messy bed hair.

 

Slipping out from the blanket, she wore her bunny slippers and went to the bathroom to do her rituals. Everything was going fine for Wheein. A normal day, nothing to rejoice on.

 

She went out of the bathroom with her bathrobe wrapped around her body, hair messily wet. There wasn't a big deal that Wheein had put a lot of thought onto but the time had come.

 

Why is there a pair of chopsticks on the floor? Wheein deeply frowned. She remembered she didn't have one of those pair whose color is...pink.

 

Picking it up with her tangled hair in disarray, she examined the utensil with an almost killing gaze. "Whose chopsticks is this?"

 

Being distracted by the item, she just shrugged it off. She mindlessly put it inside her school bag, thinking that Hyejin or Byulyi might've left it yesterday when they came over.

 

Wheein dried her hair with a hairblower that she borrowed from her older sister, of course with lots of complaints on how ungirly she is. The thought made her eyes roll in annoyance. Sica unnie must respect how I roll in life, she chuckled with her brow raised.

 

Gearing up with her same old uniform for 5 years, she grimly thought she still had a year left before completely getting out this uniform out of her system. She sighed.

 

"Wheein-ah! Your glasses are here, you scatterhead!" Jessica shouted, her high-pitched voice made Wheein blanch.

 

"Coming up!" Wheein grabbed her school bag and went out, the door slammed close.

 

With light steps, Wheein climbed down the stairs, careful with not waking up their father who was tired with his office work. Jessica was there, hands on her waist with a menacing look plastered on her face.

 

"After 16 years since you were born, you didn't change at all, huh?" Jessica sneered, her eyes narrowed down to Wheein. The latter just shrugged with a poker face on. "Same old, same old. Just like you. You never changed your sleeping habits." She snickered.

 

Jessica fumed, cheeks reddening in embarassment. "You ridiculous dog!" She groaned badly and Wheein knew she won that day, finally. She had put some thought in it. What would make Sica unnie shut up in her early morning insults? Her log-like sleeping. Bingo. She inwardly celebrated.

 

Wheein drank the glass of milk prepared on the table in one go, a white line of smear appeared below her nose. She then grabbed the tuna sandwich from Jessica's plate which earned a confused yet angry look from her sister.

 

"What the...?!" Jessica snarled. Wheein smirked, taking her eyeglasses away from her sister's reach. She put it on before the older one could rage with her offensive antics and bursted away, slamming the door close.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter