sunk pt. 3

Heroic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You really don't understand, do you!? I told you to stay in your room until I come back."

 

"But I wanted to see–"

 

"That kid? Those people? No, you don't. They're all monsters and they'll just lie to you. Look at yourself, you are fooled!" Taeyeon almost shouted, her voice raised. Yongsun hung her head down, tears began to stream on her cheeks.

 

She just couldn't get why her sister angers the thought of her being outside the door. She got out safe and sound. Nothing made sense in her innocent mind.

 

"But I just wanted to be free," Yongsun cried, voice muffled with her best trying to suppress the falling tears as she clenched her fists helplessly.

 

"You're free to do whatever you want here in your room."

 

"That's not what I want! Unnie, I want to free myself from this cage! I didn't want this to happen, no one wanted this. I want things to go back like it used to be!" Yongsun bawled, tears flowed like a leaked faucet.

 

Taeyeon's heart fell, the guilt and angst slowly dissipated along her sorrow and pity for her little sister. The thought of Yongsun nearly giving up was the worst nightmare Taeyeon could ever have. She couldn't do anything. Once she planned to escape with Yongsun, her sister would only live for five days. Yongsun already depended upon the drug, nothing could par and replace it with its one in a million production.

 

She had enough. Yongsun is not hopeless, what can I do? She gritted her teeth and hissed, "Yongsun, don't make this hard for me."

 

"Unnie, I want to be free," Yongsun begged, her moist hands grasped Taeyeon's coat, marking the spot with wet tears. The surgeon was so sure that she heard her own heart breaking into pieces like a plate dropped on the ground.

 

Too cruel, too cruel! "Yong," Taeyeon couldn't help but to tear down with her little sister's helpless sight, kneeling down and hugging her in the process. "I don't want you to die, you're the only family I have. Please, this is all for you."

 

"If I'm caged in this place forever, maybe it's better if I die," Yongsun spat, gripping Taeyeon's coat tightly.

 

"No, please don't say that, you don't know what you're saying!" The surgeon exclaimed. Breaking apart from the hug, Taeyeon wiped her tears hastily as she put her hands on Yongsun's shoulders.

 

"Always remember that you're worth through the hellish pain, Yong. Always remember that," 

 

The two of them were crying together, their heartwrenching sobs ironically comforted each other from suffering. Unknown to them was a small girl listening behind the slightly opened door.

 

"Yongsun...Yongsun?" The girl mumbled.

 

-

 

"Jessica is getting dressed. I'm very sorry for the disturbance, she almost forgot that you two actually have a date this evening." Wheein apologized, sitting properly on the sofa whilst the respective guest crossed his legs, intrigued.

 

"No worries. She's notorious for being an airhead." Jiyong smirked, chuckling softly.

 

"I am quite impressed that you had been such a close friend of hers. Since when did the two of you started dating?" Wheein adjusted her glasses, glinting towards Jiyong.

 

The man uncrossed his legs, "Just a week ago. I always kept her in my watch since she had a very bad temper. She tends to burst on her workmates so I need to keep her out from unnecessary conflict." Jiyong said.

 

"Then you are actually saying that you are accompanying Sica under terms of work?" Wheein queried which made Jiyong blanch badly, slightly offended with the question.

 

"No, not at all," He almost hissed, "I actually like her and work matters is disregarded." Jiyong raised his eyebrow, annoyed with Wheein's cocky attitude.

 

"Oh, I see." Wheein feigned affirmation. "But given that you are the newly acquired investor of our company, what do you plan with this relationship you have with my sister? This could possibly stain her reputation with you roaming around our premises, giving her wicked prejudices." Wheein said straight to the point and Jiyong almost stood up to punch her right away but he suppressed the anger within.

 

"What the did you just say!?" Jiyong outrageously said, almost sarcastic.

 

"You do know I can derail the partnership with your family in one snap." Wheein nonchalantly said, not intimidated at all with Jiyong.

 

"What can you even do with your useless existence? You have nothing while I clearly have everything. Jessica's going to be mine so does your company," He laughed manically, his true colors now revealed.

 

Wheein shook her head disappointingly, "I thought you're different, my bad!" She folded her arms with a devilish smirk plastered on . "Let's say Yuri will take your place as a representing investor in exchange for some valuable contract with your father, he wouldn't want to miss someone powerful as my caliber in business, unlike yours," She gleamed at Jiyong, his teeth gritted with small sounds of grumbling coming out.

 

"You piece of sh–"

 

"I should really call Mr. Kwon right now. I can't wait to work for you guys!" Wheein cut him off, faking excitement and Jiyong felt like he was cornered by this mere pawn that the business world created.

 

What the ? Where is she getting at? She stooped dangerously just to stop the partnership? "No one would want to sign a contract with a mere pawn." He crossed his legs, still feeling undefeated. 

 

"As far as I remember, the Moon and Ahn dynasties had been the greatest families back then when I helped them managed to reach the highest peak of their reign. Everyone else, even your building janitor knows that." 

 

That was the time that Jiyong felt so intimidated with Wheein, remembering all of her unbelievable achievements she had in her ridiculously young age. The two families risked their fate upon a mere child to settle unpaid accounts with foreign contracts and partnerships through budgeting which they can't possibly do with massive demands of taking over their legacy.

 

She's the youngest business ambassador of all time. Jiyong couldn't get to achieve what she can because he's just a spoiled man who always got what he wanted. He knew how greedy his father could get. No one could resist this mere pawn of the Jungs.

 

"You..." Jiyong hissed, fists clenched tightly as he glared to Wheein. The latter just shrugged, "You piece of shi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter