Erm....why?

Heroic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Then if you're really her hero, I'm sure you'll do great." Taeyeon smiled.

 

-

 

Wheein arrived at her designated classroom, only to find out their teacher wasn't still there. Byulyi and Hyejin craned their necks sidewards by the sound of the door sliding open. "Wheein-ie!" Byulyi greeted, her smile slightly glinted suspicion. They walked towards Wheein to have a word with her, asking questions about the beautiful pink haired girl she just met and helped without any further ado.

 

"Her name is Kim Solar. It seemed that she's a new transferee, judging on her appearance. She never said her section though but with her necktie color, she's a senior like us." Wheein said, her mind still jumbled with Taeyeon's words.

 

Byulyi faked a smile, feigning excitement. "Guess you found a new friend of yours, huh?" She teased but her guts curbed with utter envy.

 

That odd stare, Wheein noticed. Byulyi never looked at Wheein this way with such fiery envy in her eyes. Realizing she paused for a bit, she coughed for a bit and spoke.

 

"Nah. It's anticipated that she'll be popular in less than seconds in the campus. No doubt so friendship invalid." Wheein shrugged it off.

 

"But she'll be joining us for sure if she's our classmate. Chances are high since we're the first ones she met, right?" Hyejin flicked her hair, giving way for the cool air to pass by her nape.

 

"What makes you say that? Aside from us, she can make friends with others and she'll be likely surrounded by her newfound fans." Wheein stated.

 

"And what's your basis? I think it's better for her to join us. She seemed lost back there. Too heartless, Wheein-ie." Byulyi smirked, intentions perfectly hidden in her façade.

 

Wheein sighed, her friends weren't helping the jumbled mess in her mind. She didn't want Solar to join them. She definitely doesn't want to.

 

But why? "Fine. You two win but I'll be taking away some study time from you two if Solar's joining us." Wheein gave the two girls with a menacing look.

 

"But why!?" The both of them exclaimed in unison, intimidated with Wheein's seemingly threat.

 

"I need to get settled with Sica unnie again. You know, I've been testing the waters and I forgot change is inevitable." Wheein pressed her lips, disappointed with how the situation went between the two sisters.

 

That's good for me. I get to be with Solar, Byulyi smirked. "That's the spirit! Get your sister's , make her respect you!" She raised her fist in the air, encouraging the latter.

 

Hyejin scoffed, "You feel uneasy with Solar, aren't you?" She leaned closer to Wheein's face, her reflection appeared on the latter's eyeglasses.

 

Don't panic, Wheein gulped. "You can say that. I just helped her with my own free will. Isn't it odd?" She muttered.

 

The two of them almost gaped their mouths open. Wheein just helped a stranger with her own free will, no orders, no force nor manipulation. That's too weird, Hyejin thought.

 

"Maybe you were just concerned. You're a very kind person, Wheepup. You're expressing yourself more often and that's a  good thing!" Byulyi brightly smiled but she felt a sense of competition on the latter, her pride slowly swelling.

 

Wheein slowly nodded, "Maybe I was just concerned." She tried to convince herself, slightly calming her distressed mind.

 

Hyejin alternately took glances between the two. These two are up to something, a clear one and a hesitant one. She had this ability to see through people, their eyes and lips tell hidden messages and the deeper she looks, she can guess what's its true intention.

 

But she couldn't read Wheein enough. She seemed conflicted with herself.

 

"So where's Solar? I thought you'll be the kind one to accompany her to class?" Hyejin inquired, her perfectly arched eyebrow raised.

 

"I told you, she didn't tell me her section. She said she had something to do in the principal's office so I went along. That's when she dismissed me." Wheein said.

 

"Hope she's on the same section as ours." Byulyi couldn't contain her excitement, her smile scrunched her nose too much.

 

-present-

 

"Since Byulyi-ssi mentioned our new transferee, you may now come in." Sungkyung raised her voice a bit, enough for Solar to hear and slide the door carefully.

 

Solar entered the classroom and she immediately snatched all of their admiration and hearts in an instant. All of them gawked at her ethereal beauty except for Wheein, who found the transferee just normal and fine.

 

Standing up at the front of them, she bowed down and stood up hastily, looking directly on Wheein's uninterested gaze.

 

"This girl," Wheein frowned. Solar did it wrong, she facepalmed.

 

"Good morning everyone. My name is Kim Solar and I will be your classmate until we graduate. Please take care of me!" She smiled like the bright sun shining outside, almost blinding the class.

 

"Whoa!" Was all they said, completely under the goddess's beauty.

 

Sungkyung clicked her tongue, "You guys! Behave! If I heard something suspicious from all of you, I will never hesitate to pull out Solar from this section." She said in a terrifying tone. All of them got intimidated except Wheein, who was now writing on her notes.

 

The teacher observed Wheein's odd reaction from the whole class. It gave her an idea to get Solar started. "Solar-ssi, there's a vacant seat beside Jung Wheein-ssi. You can seat there if you want to." She suggested.

 

Solar's face brig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter