No!

Heroic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The alarm blared loudly, waking up Wheein from her deep slumber. Jessica frowned deeply and flailed her hands to shut the noisy alarm clock from bothering her sleep.

 

Tossing herself to the other side, she saw Wheein's sleepy face which she found so adorable. The favor of hers that she asked to Wheein was utterly ridiculous but some companion would do against her own frightful nightmares.

 

"Good morning, unnie." Wheein purred, releasing a loud yawn from .

 

The older suddenly lost her sleepiness, smiling wide with Wheein's greeting. "Same to you, Whee." She giggled.

 

"Had a good sleep?" Asked Wheein.

 

"Yeah, it was all blank though. I had nothing to dream last night." Replied Jessica.

 

Wheein grinned manically and scooted closer to Jessica which made the latter puzzled with her actions. "That's good!" She was pleased to accomplish the favor.

 

Eliminating the distance between them, Wheein hugged her by her waist, the warmth induced temptation to sleep the day away.

 

"Just a bit..." Wheein huskily whispered, "I want to stay like this for a bit." She softly pled.

 

"But you have school by 7."

 

"I don't care." Wheein grumbled. "This is the first time that I hugged you like this since we first met." She scooted even closer on Jessica's chest, leaving the older one with no choice. She hugged her whiny little sister back with her arms by wrapped around on Wheein's shoulder, relishing the warmth between the two of them.

 

So this is how it feels to have a baby sister, huh. "Just five minutes, okay?" Jessica reminded. "You'll be late for school if we stayed longer."

 

"Hmm." Wheein hummed in agreement, "Thanks, unnie." She added.

 

Jessica beamed, "You clingy brat."

 

"I'll get you away from father's ty games, I promise you that." Wheein mindlessly said. "You'll get your happy ending with Yuri unnie then you'll be happy forever," She playfully mumbled.

 

"Wheein..." Jessica was taken aback with the latter's words. "Why are you doing this?"

 

"I love my family so much that I will do anything for them, that's why." Wheein innocently answered.

 

With that being said, she hugged Wheein tighter, trying to suppress the tears from falling. "You stupid brat. I love you too." She urged.

 

Wheein just giggled and smiled, letting the conversation hang in the middle air. The time quickly passed by and Wheein voluntarily broke herself from the tender hug. Even though unwilling, she needed to go to school to meet her awaiting friends.

 

"I'll kiss you goodbye later so don't you dare lock your door, okay?" Wheein mused.

 

A groan was the only answer she needed, leaving her sister's room quietly with a suppressed giggle.

 

-

 

After she finished her rituals, Wheein tucked her collar properly as she placed the necktie around it, tying it tight and secured. She grabbed her backpack and rushed to Jessica's room with her messy hair flimsily flying along.

 

"Unnie?" When Wheein didn't hear a single response, she turned the doorknob carefully and entered her sister's room. As expected, Jessica was sleeping soundly as usual.

 

"You're so adorable. I wonder what Yuri missed out to waste a beautiful woman such as the likes of you." Wheein mumbled, walking to the bedside where Jessica was and she kneeled down as she tenderly carressed her sister's messy bed hair.

 

"I don't know, I might not be able to give you the happy ending you deserve but I'll be making it sure that you'll be free from father's strings."

 

She brushed some locks of hair away on the latter's forehead, planting a soft, endearing kiss. "I'll be going now. See you later." Wheein smiled.

 

Heaving herself up, she hooked her backpack on her shoulder and walked quietly as possible, exiting Jessica's room.

 

"Now, I need to talk with Solar unnie." Wheein reminded to herself. "I'm too curious for my own good, damn." She shook her head in disappointment.

 

Inside Jessica's room, the supposedly sleeping woman was actually awake the whole time. With a wide grin plastered on her lips, Jessica suddenly bursted in giggles due to Wheein's endearing action towards her. 

 

"That greasy dog," She tried to sound annoyed but the joyful feeling in her heart awefully betrayed her. "I wish Yuri would do that." She said, letting out a sigh as she tossed herself to the other side of the bed.

 

Yuri...did you really leave me already?

 

A phone beep rang loudly, alerting Jessica by her side. She blindly grasped for her phone under the lampshade and she successfully found it, bringing it at her front. She turned it on and it was Taeyeon who had messaged her.

 

 

From: Taengoo-ya!
Hey, you didn't reply since the last time I messaged you! And to top your lack of concern, it was 23 hours ago in exact. Care to tell what happened, princess?

 

 

Jessica snorted loudly, completely cringing with Taeyeon's childish issues. She immediately typed a reply with an evil smirk on her lips.

 

 

To: Taengoo-ya!
I'm all fine and whole, midget. Come over here, I need a pedestal to lean on.

 

 

Almost instantly, the phone beeped in seconds which made Jessica surprised with Taeyeon's attentiveness upon her.

 

 

From: Taengoo-ya!
Roger that, pedestal incoming at 5. Kidding aside, I really missed you, Sica.

 

 

Jessica didn't know what surged inside her to squeal like a threatened dolphin in the verge of death. It felt so safe yet assuring, knowing that Taeyeon had missed her too. For the lost time that they didn't text each other due to the sudden problem with Yuri, she really missed Taeyeon with her accomodating company.

 

 

To: Taengoo-ya!
I missed you too, Tae. Bring some sacrifices, okay? I mean, you know, peace offerings?

 

 

From: Taengoo-ya!
Ya! You're the one at fault, why do I have to be the one to bring my flag down? >:(

 

 

To: Taengoo-ya!
You love me too well, Taeng. Don't you dare come here without any peace offering. You know that already, right? ;)

 

 

From: Taengoo-ya!
Yeah, I love you so much that it hurts me and my wallet. Curse you, you piece of a glutton!

 


With her heart wildly beating in disarray, Jessica tossed her phone to nowhere and hid under the blankets, frantically rampant with Taeyeon's response.

 

This is all new. Why do I feel like this? Why am I being flattered? Why does my heart beat weirdly like this? Since when do I react like this with Tae? Thousands of questions were left unanswered. Jessica suddenly jerked upwards by her phone ringing with an impending call.

 

It was from Taeyeon. Hesitantly answering the phone, she slid the green button. "Taeng?" She tried to sound irritated. Luckily, it was successful but the fluttery feeling in heart made her chew the skin under her fingernails uneasily.

 

"Sica, why didn't you reply?" Taeyeon simply asked over the line.

 

"You called just to check on me!?" Jessica incredulously said.

 

"Yeah, what's wrong with that? I didn't do anything unusual." Replied Taeyeon, reluctant with Jessica's words.

 

"Why are you so sweet today? You have a favor to ask? You actually want me to be your fake date in one of your dinner gatherings?" Jessica barraged her with childish questions that it made the person over line chuckle in amusement.

 

"About the fake date, well, I'll think about that offer." Taeyeon smirked.

 

"Ya! You sneaky midget!" Jessica snarled, her face beet red. "How dare you extort me!" She accused.

 

"If I were to extort something even better, I would definitely extort time from you."

 

That caught Jessica's guard off, losing her breath in a second. When she recovered quickly, she inhaled deep and after a few moments of silence, Jessica had already let out her dolphin scream, startling the person over the line. Taeyeon instinctively put away her phone from her ear, scared of deafness and eardrum damage.

 

"Hey, why did you scream? Is there something wrong? What happened?" Taeyeon asked worriedly, now bewildered with Jessica's strange reactions.

 

"There's nothing wrong with me. There's something wrong with you!" Exclaimed Jessica.

 

"I don't understand, Sica! I'm just asking if you're okay!"

 

"I don't know!" She snarled. "Argh, what the hell is wrong with me," Jessica grunted, her free arm flaling elsewhere randomly.

 

Taeyeon, on the other side of the line, was completely confused with Jessica even though in the corner of her mind, she had a slightest clue that could explain what actually happened with her bestfriend.

 

"Are you perhaps..." Taeyeon warily said, hinting a guess.

 

Jessica's heart skipped a beat with nervousness, afraid of something she didn't exactly know what it was and it frustrated the hell out of her. "W-What?"

 

A few seconds of silence passed by before Taeyeon gulped and spoke, "No, let me rephrase that." She said, "Did I offend you in some way?"

 

"NO!" Jessica blatantly denied.

 

"Then why are you acting like I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter