Chapter 9 (Zelo): Mistake

B.A.P Le Noir AU

“Uh sorry for bothering you!” Zelo’s eyes went wide at the glock pointed at him. He had expected that you would be in no mood for company. He just didn’t expect how much you really didn’t want company.

“What are you doing here?” You let out a small sigh as you lowered the glock to your side, your voice softening at the sight of the young man.

“I wanted to see if you were okay.” He glanced down at the glock that lazily rested at your side. A police issued Glock 40s. The police emblem engraving proudly flashing back at him. His eyebrows instinctively furrowed, curious and confused as to how and why you would have a police issued weapon.

“As you can see, I’m just peachy,” Sarcasm unintentionally dripping from your voice, causing the giant baby’s usual cold eyes to soften. You looked up and saw pure concern in his eyes. Your hardened heart melted a bit as you crossed your arms across your chest, caressing your upper arm. “Thank you for checking in on me…” Your voice was barely above a whisper.

Awkward silence entered in like a serpent. The two of you glancing at each other now and then, but no words were spoken. Zelo would open his mouth every so often, perhaps bringing up a conversation, but he would immediately shut it once the two of you made eye contact. Instead, he would blink profusely. You fiddled with the fabric of your sweater, waiting for him to perhaps say something else or do something. No matter how much you didn’t want company at the moment, you didn’t want to slam the door in the poor guy’s face. It wasn’t until you started to back away from the entrance to slightly close the door when Zelo brazenly walked into your apartment, causing you to let out a scoff.

“Could I stay here and have a drink? You could think of it as a ‘thank you’ for checking up on you.” He flashed you a playful smirk, hiding the insecurity that was buried underneath it.

“Well aren’t you a cheeky little brat.” You scoffed, flashing a small smile as you headed to your kitchen to grab him something for him to drink.

A small sigh of relief escaped his lips once you were out of sight. You smiled. You were talking. That was more than he expected. When he lead you to the car it felt as if he was carrying a zombie. Your eyes were lifeless, staring into space, while your entire body was limp. He never saw you like that. You always seemed so calm, collected. Like you knew how to handle anything no matter how difficult it was. To see you so broken and empty. It hurt him to see you like that. Even though you were standing right beside him, you seemed so far away.

Zelo scratched the back of his head, contemplating on what else to say now that he made it into your apartment. If it were Himchan or Daehyun they would have some smooth line to make you feel at ease. But that wasn’t him. Hell he barely managed to make eye contact with you. He let out a small disgruntled groan when the sound of broken glass under his shoes pulled his attention to the floor. He picked up the small picture frame that peeked from under the coffee table.

A small pang went through his heart at the sight of the picture. You were smiling. Happy. Genuinely happy and carefree. He hadn’t seen that expression from you since he met you. He would see masks of it, a wall that hid your true emotions and feelings. He never understood how to handle you. Most women that he encountered treated him like a badass and either wanted to screw him or get money from him. You, on the other hand, treated him like a child. A kid. That infuriated him, but you somehow managed to become a woman that he could open up to more easily. Seeing you in the arms of another man, happy. That didn’t suit well with him and he didn’t understand why.

“Oh….” He froze on the spot when he saw you enter the living room, a mug filled with hot chocolate one hand and your eyes staring at the frame.

“I-I found it on the floor so I…” He mentally cursed at himself for allowing nerves to creep up on him. To his surprise you were very calm, too calm, as you took the frame from his hand, exchanging it with the mug.

“It’s okay…I shouldn’t have tossed it in the middle of my living room.” You let out a sad chuckle as you sat down on your petite black leather couch, placing the photo face down on the coffee table.

“Who is he?” Zelo cautiously asked as he sat beside you. You went through an ordeal and he didn’t want to cause you any more stress or pry into your life more than you wanted.

“Just someone really precious to me…” A small smile graced your lips as your eyes drifted off again. To that emptiness.

“Thanks for the drink!” Zelo blurted out, trying to pull you back to reality.

“It’s hot chocolate. I thought it would suit your taste.” You let out a small chuckle, causing Zelo’s face to scrunch up. You were doing it again. You were treating him like a kid.

“Why must you treat me like a child? I’m pretty sure that I’m a head taller than you.” He let out a sigh, setting down the mug.

“Then you’re a giant baby?” You teased as you rested your chin in your hand. Zelo rolled his eyes as he sank into the couch cushions. Once your small laughter ceased, the awkward silence returned between the two of you. This time, however, Zelo did not allow it to last for very long.

“Are you okay?” His tone was more serious and gentle. You could hear a sense of maturity and worry in his voice.

You looked into his eyes, wondering whether you should just pour out your heart, be truthful. Your body wouldn’t allow you to accept the truth. “I’m fine.”

“You’re lying.” You were slightly shock at the sudden aggression in his voice. He clenched his hands tightly, the white of his knuckles revealing themselves.

“What are you talk-” You were cut off by Zelo suddenly towering over you, grabbing your wrist and pinning you to the couch.

“You’re treating me like a kid! I know you’re not okay! You were so empty, so lifeless, but now you’re acting as if nothing happened!” The usual cold, emotionless facade he held was crumbling before him as his temper flared. “I’m a big boy, you don’t need to tiptoe around your emotions in front of me,” The last part of his words sounded more like a plea than actual venting. He stared into your eyes, trying to find answers, find truth. It wasn’t until he felt your body trembling underneath him that he realized his fatal mistake. “Oh my God, Y/N….I’m so sorry….I didn’t mean…” He immediately sprawled off you. His own body shaking.

His heart nearly bled when he saw you curl up into a small ball, hugging your knees tightly as you buried your face in them. How could he be such an idiot!? He now understood why the hyungs treated him like a kid. He was so immature, blowing off steam on you like that. Making you relive that horrid memory. He wanted to bash his head against the wall, but that wouldn’t be of any help to anyone if he had major brain damage.

“You’re not the kid….I am…” Your voice was muffled by your knees. Zelo looked at you confused, the tension in his body dissipating. “Look at me, freaking out over something stupid.”

“It wasn’t something stupid….” Zelo cautiously and gently removed your arms that hid your face in your knees. “You were assau-”

“Don’t say it!” Your sudden explosion caught Zelo off guard. That tears formed in your eyes. “Please don’t say it….If you do then….” You let out a groan as you ran your fingers through your hair.

“You can’t just pretend that it never happened….” Zelo lifted up your chin slightly so that you were facing him.

“Then what can do!” You growled as you ripped yourself away from him, glaring at the floor. At nothing. At everything. “Accept the fact that-that disgusting thing touched me!? Violated me!?” Hot angry tears streamed down your face. “I can’t do that….I just can’t….” You growled.

“You don’t have to do it alone,” Zelo took a chance and wrapped his arms around your form. You jumped at the sudden contact, but you didn’t move. You weren’t afraid. Disgusted. You felt comfortable. Warm. Familiarity. “You don’t have to be strong alone.”

“I almost caused you guys to get killed…” You furrowed your eyebrows, wiping your tears with the bottom of your sleeves. “All because I wasn’t careful. I wasn’t paying attention. I wasn-”

“We’re all big boys. We won’t die that easily. And I saw the video. Trust me, you gave them a run for their money.” He chuckled, remembering how you were about to kick all of their asses in your dress and heels.

“Well I couldn’t make it easy…” A soft, sad chuckle escaped your lips as you relaxed your body. “Thank you, Zelo…”

“It’s-uh- no problem…” Zelo relaxed his grip around you reeling back from you after realizing how long he had held you.

“Looks like you’ve matured.” You chuckled, causing Zelo to form a small pout on his lips.

“Aish, I’ve been mature…” He groaned, causing you to burst into a small fit of laughter.

You turned around, to say something to him when you realized how close the two of you were. Both his and your eyes went wide as you realized that only a small block of air was blocking your lips from making contact with his. You didn’t know if it was because of the spur of the moment. The emotional unloading you did. Or what ever forces may be, but you closed your eyes and pressed your lips on his, causing the giant baby’s eyes to grow even wider. At first the kiss was one sided, you being the one doing the kissing, but Zelo hesitantly began to kiss back, unsure if this was okay. So many thoughts were racing in his poor mind. Why were you kissing him? Was this a dream? Was he going insane? Unbeknownst to him, the same thoughts were running through your own mind.

You wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him closer and deepening the kiss. Zelo was hesitant, not knowing how to approach the situation in front of him. It wasn’t that he never kissed a girl before or had with one. But he never cared for them. They were flings. This was different. He cared. He didn’t want to mess up. Act like a fool. At his hesitation you decided to take the initiative, biting his lower lip. He parted his mouth, surprised at your sudden aggression, allowing you to slip in your tongue in. He let out a small gasp, causing him to slightly reel back from this kiss. The high of lust clouded your judgement, your thoughts, your words.

“Show me how much of a man you are.” That was the trigger. Zelo pounced on you, ravaging your lips that you were sure were going to be sore the next morning. He memorized every nook and cranny of your mouth, which spots made you squirm and which spots made you stifle a moan. Your fingers ran through his soft locks as his hands travelled up your gray sweater. At the warm touch of his fingers against your cold skin, your body jumped, causing the both of you to separate.

You stared at the young boy wide eyed. Both of your breathes short, your chest rising and falling rapidly. What did you just do….You screwed up. Big time. How could you take advantage of him? He was just a kid? “Zelo…”

“Artemis…” His voice low, husky for the passionate makeout session. He attempted to reach out for you, but you quickly removed yourself from the couch.

“Zelo, I’m so sorry.” You mumbled, unable to look the boy in the eye. You f**ked up.

“Y/N.” Hearing your name come from his lips made you jump for a moment, but as he continued to approach, you stepped away. Unable to face him. You messed up. You were too ashamed to face him now.

“Zelo, you need to leave. Please…” Zelo opened his mouth, wanting to respond, but he knew no words would shake you.

“I’m sorry, Artemis…I…I didn’t mean for this…” He mumbled as he walked towards your door, taking one last glance at you. All the times he avoided your eyes. Looked elsewhere. This was the one moment he wanted to see them. See you. He let out a sigh, before leaving with a small click.

You squatted down, letting out a groan on the way. You scratched your head vigorously. What were you thinking? You weren’t. “I just gone and f***ed up my life even more than it already is…”


Thanks for reading! Comments and Feedbacks are much appreciated!