Chapter 11 (Himchan): A Brewing Storm

B.A.P Le Noir AU

“Woah, what’s wrong with you?” Youngjae cocked an eyebrow as Himchan let out disgruntled mumbles, plopping himself down on the soft leather chair. His eyebrows furrowed and he was glaring at nothing.

“Hey, are you alright?” Yongguk shot his friend a stern look of concern.

“Huh?” Himchan looked up to see he had all eyes on him. Looks of confusion and concern plastered on their faces. “I-it’s nothing.” Himchan cleared his throat and sat up straight, adjusting his jacket.

“You sure it has nothing to do with the commotion outside?” Jongup raised an eyebrow, watching Himchan’s reaction like a hawk. Himchan hated that about Jongup. He was way too intuitive. It made him harder to understand, control. He always seemed to have the upperhand.

“No. It’s not,” Himchan kept his tone level, trying not to leak any hint of his growing frustration. Jongup continued to watch him, unconvinced by Himchan’s response. When Himchan’s expression didn’t waver however, Jongup dropped the topic and leaned back into his chair. “So what do we got?”

“We got everything worth taking before Yongguk roasted their hideout,” Youngjae pulled out a usb from his pocket and sticking it into the smart TV hanging on the far wall. Images of bank financials, shipment dates, and clubs the Emperor Dragons owned. “But there were some peculiar things…”

“What?” Himchan cocked an eyebrow, staring at the screen intently and analyzing all the information placed before him.

“We also found these files.” Youngjae tossed a thick stack of old, musty folders in front of the boys.

“They were hidden under the Emperor Dragon’s desk.” Zelo noted as he opened the files, sifting through them.

“What the hell?” Daehyun stared down at the files in disbelief. Yongguk gave a cold stare to the information that was presented in the folders. Himchan’s eyebrows began to furrow once more. This was bigger than they had expected.

Information. From high end weapons deals to warring countries to chemical weapons that could be used to eradicate a small village. Human trafficking of children. Coordinates to some high ranking military bases and ports. The information was vague and in pieces, but nonetheless ominous.

“The Emperor Dragons were a big group…but to do something on this scale….” Himchan glared at the information before him. They had stepped into a bigger mess than they had expected.

“We’ve got another player….A bigger one.” A spark seemed to light up in Jongup’s eyes at the idea of another prey and a challenge at that.

“What’s with these letters? INF? They seem to be popping up all over these documents…” Zelo noted, showing Yongguk and Himchan. He was adamant that it wasn’t any sort of weapon or gun shipment. He had never heard of a gun having the letters INF.

“We can ask the Dragon Prince when we find him.” Youngjae smirked as he closed the file.

“Word around town is that he’s gathering how ever many dragons that are left.” Yongguk noted, leaning back into his leather chair.

“Guess he’s looking for revenge.” Daehyun’s eyebrows furrowed. Revenge on them was one thing, but if the Dragon Prince was riled up enough he may go after the people they cared about. That was the last thing Daehyun wanted to imagine.

“Then we’ll deal with it like how we usually do,” Himchan scoffed, tossing the file aside and taking a sip of his scotch. “Youngjae, see if you can find more about this INF. Daehyun, Jongup, go ‘ask’ around town and find out where we can find the Dragon Prince. Yongguk, Zelo I need you two to stop by the docks. Check out these shipments and which freights are taking them to and from here.”

“And you?” Daehyun raised a confused brow at his leader. Himchan never told them the full extent to his plans. It was always 99% never 100%. At times it was frustrating and downright suspicious, but they trusted him. He never did anything that would put them in harm’s way, if anything he chose to carry the burden on his own.He never told a soul the details of his missions, his duties. Not even to Yongguk. He didn’t want them to worry about unnecessary things. The lives they chose were dangerous and the last thing they needed were distractions. Sometimes he wished he could learn from his own words.

“Special agents are investigating our little fire that happened at the Emperor Dragon’s HQ. I’m going to find out how much they’ve figured out and stop the problem before it begins.” Himchan smirked as he got up from his seat, lazily waving goodbye as he left the room.


“Who the hell are you?” You growled, gripping tightly onto Jaebum’s arms until you felt your nails dig into his skin.

“So you are Scotty’s wife!” Jaebum still stared at you dumbfounded, still unable to process the information he had just discovered. What were the chances that he would find his former partner and best friend’s wife after so many years!?

“I’m not playing games,” You glared at him, quickly releasing your grip and grabbing the small pistol you kept by your side, the barrel of the gun aiming at his chest. “WHO. ARE. YOU.” You gritted through your teeth. No one knew about Scotty. Only your Padrino and Sam. That was it. The only other person who would know were the ones who killed him.

“Woah! I was Scotty partner back in the day. Kim Jaebum?” He put his hand out in attempt to calm your nerves, while his other hand slowly trailed to his sidearm. Your eyebrows furrowed. You knew that Scotty had a partner when he was on the job, but the name Kim Jaebum was never mentioned. In the midst of your contemplation, Jaebum quickly pushed your armed arm away, quickly coming behind you and holding you in a light choke hold with his sidearm pointing at your side abdomen. “Pretty ladies like you shouldn’t be holding guns,” Jaebum let out a sigh, catching his breath. “He never mentioned me once?” He looked down at you, his hot breath your cheek. He let out an annoyed groan. “That guy really…and he kept calling me the annoying punk…” Your eyes went wide for a moment as you turned and looked up at Jaebum.

“Aiiisshhhh!” Scotty let out a groan as he slumped down on the kitchen chair, whimpering at the stacks of paperwork that was presented before him.

“You’re never home this early.” You chuckled, coming up from behind him and wrapping your arms around his strong, sturdy shoulders.

“I just missed you,” He looked up at you, flashing you a cheeky grin. You rolled your eyes and scoffed. “Aww come on, don’t you miss your lovely husband too?” He puckered his lips and mimicked the lip motion of a fish, only causing you to let out a chuckle.

“Yes, I do,” You grinned, leaning down and placing a peck on his lips. “But’s what’s with all the papers?” You leaned forward, resting your chin on his shoulder to get a better look. You reached out to grab one of the papers, but was quickly stopped by your husband.

“Yah, you know you can’t look at this stuff with the profession you have,” He wagged his finger before placing a quick kiss on the top of your hand. “Uhg, and I got this load of paperwork cause of my new partner.”

“Uptight?” You raised an eyebrow. Scotty tended to keep work life away from the home, since you hanged around the men he captured, so moments in which he vented to you were very rare and you always listened carefully.

“The opposite! God, this kid is so rash and reckless! And don’t even get me started on his temper!” He let out an exasperated, but his ragged expression was soon replaced with a smile. “But that annoying punk’s got potential. He’s eager and his head is in the right place.”

“Sounds like someone I know.” You chuckled, nuzzling into Scotty’s neck.

“I know! That’s why I’m terrified!”

“You…” At the recognition in your voice, Jaebum released his hold on you, his arm limply rested across your shoulders.

“I’m Scotty’s partner back when he was a detective…” Jaebum’s words were steady. He was still settling with the fact that his former mentor was married to a gang-infested bar owner and to top it all off she was so young and beautiful.

“Then why are you a special agent?” You gripped the hilt of your gun, still skeptical of his identity.

“I’m following up Scotty’s last case…” His words were barely above a murmur. You knew exactly what case he was speaking of. The case that cost Scotty his life. That ruined yours.

“The crime syndicate…” You remembered that case by heart, it was burned into your memory. It had become a part of you. You had warned Scotty over and over that he was jumping into something that was too big for him. Too big for even you to help him. But he would always flash you that cheeky, cocky grin before kissing you on the forehead, assuring you that he got everything under control. The only thing he didn’t account for was they liked to play dirty, hit him where it hurts. You.

“Exactly. After Scotty’s…passing, I’ve been keeping track of possible gangs that may be working with them and possible sleeper members that have been imbedded into other gangs. I figured I would be able to find out more if I had more firepower…so that how Special Agent Im Jaebum came to be…” Jaebum’s voice was soft, almost tender. Scotty was his best friend, a brother, a mentor. Someone he considered a confidant, a safe haven he could come to when he could no longer stand his strict household.

“And you think the Emperor Dragons were one of these gangs you spoke of…” You bit your bottom lip, understanding the gravity of the situation. The Emperor Dragons could have led you straight to your husband’s killer.

“We don’t think. We know for a fact that the Emperor Dragon’s made contact with the crime syndicate. Y/N…we need to know why they were here. Their hideout was burned to the ground, if it’s the crime syndicate burning bridges than we can be a step ahead of them.” You chewed on your bottom lip. You understood what he was asking, but the answer wouldn’t be what he was looking for. You knew exactly who and why their hideout was burned down. The evidence had to be gone and what’s the best way to get rid of evidence? Fire.

“Well haven’t you two gotten, chummy?” Himchan smirked, leaning on the entrance of Le Noir, your coat resting over his forearm. “But do keep talking, did I happen to hear something about a crime syndicate?”

Jaebum glared at Himchan and quickly released you, stepping back. “We’re done talking,” He sneered as he shuffled in his pocket and pulled out his card. “If you have any information….or just want to talk. Here.”

You took the card, gingerly in your hands. “I’ll see…” Your brain was so confused right now. Everything seemed to be crashing in front of you. An overload of information. Your husband’s former partner. Leads to his possible killer. This ominous crime syndicate that played the role of puppet master. A flash of sadness popped in his eyes at your answer, before his stern work expression returned, giving a slight bow before he left.

As Jaebum walked down the cold, lone sidewalk to his SUV down the street many thoughts were running through his head. How could his mentor hide you from him? How did the two of you meet? His head and thoughts were in a tizzy. The buzz from his pocket, pulled him out of his deep mental conversation. His eyebrows furrowed a bit, annoyed by the sudden interruption.

“Talk.” Jaebum was exhausted, both mentally and physically. The only thing he wanted to do was go to bed.

“We’ve found some information,” Jinyoung’s voice echoed through the quiet street. “It seems that BAP and the Emperor Dragon’s have been on rough terms lately. Rumor has it that they stole one of the Emperor Dragon’s shipment of weapons.”

“Army level?” Jaebum’s eyebrows furrowed. Could BAP also be one of the gangs under Infernum.

“Not sure yet, we’re heading down to the docks to check out the shipping list.”

“Okay, I’ll meet you all back at HQ.” The phone call ended with click. A small smirk appeared on Jaebum’s face as he shoved his hands into his pocket. Maybe it was time to take a closer look at BAP.


“Hey are you okay?” Himchan came up beside you, placing a gentle hand on your shoulder.

“Y-yeah…I’m fine…just tired.” You let out a sigh, running a hand down your face. You knew what Himchan wanted to say. What were you talking about with him? What crime syndicate is he talking about? Did he mention anything about us? You appreciated that he didn’t ask.

“We should head back to your place.” Himchan placed your jacket around your shoulders which you returned with an appreciative smile.

“We? I don’t think I invited you, Mr. Kim Himchan.” You smirked, pulling the coat closer to your form to shield you from the cold.

“It’s not safe for you, Adenium. Plus I miss your company.” He smirked, walking with you back to your apartment.

“I’m sure you do,” You roll your eyes before you leaned in closer to him so that your face was only a few inches from him. “But I think you’re more interested in my conversation with Jaebum.”

Himchan’s eyebrows furrowed. He didn’t like the sound of Special Agent Im’s name coming from your lips. It seemed too personal. Too intimate. It annoyed the hell out of him.

“Can’t I have both?” He managed to show you a smirk through his boiling irritation as the two of you walked into your apartment complex building.

“Greedy aren’t we?” You chuckled as the two of you entered the elevator, pressing the number to your floor.

“I like to be well-informed,” He scoffed. “And based from what I saw today, you’re a complete enigma.”

“I thought men liked women with mystery.” You rolled your eyes as you exited the elevator.

“Most do,” He cocked an eyebrow as he followed behind you. “Is that what your husband liked about you?”

You froze in place before turning around, glaring daggers at Himchan. “Don’t talk about him.” You growled. Himchan didn’t know why, but he was annoyed. Frustrated. That this mystery man had such an effect on you. Who you treasured so dear that you kept a picture of him. Where was he? When you were hurt? Broken? Nearly ? Where the hell was he!?

“Why not? For someone who has such a great effect on you, he doesn’t seem to show up much.” Himchan growled, stepping closer to you. He felt stupid. Immature. He knew that he shouldn’t be stepping on these landmines, but the emotions that he was holding was boiling over. Your husband that you loved dearly. Special Agent Im that has some connection with you that he wouldn’t understand. It drove him mad. He had told himself, convinced himself that he should throw away these emotions that he felt for you. Bury them and let them rot. If you were any other girl he wouldn’t care. He slept with many, dated a few, but none of them ever made him this emotional. He was right. You were a poison and there was no cure.

“Himchan, please…” You nearly pleaded with the man. You didn’t want to fight with him. You did care for him, possibly held even stronger feelings for him. But you were too confused. Lost. Too much on your mind. You needed time…needed to settle the storm in your heart that hadn’t been soothed since Scotty was ripped away from you. “Can we just drop it…”

Himchan’s eyes soften at your exhausted, defeated expression. He didn’t mean to make you more stress. To add more trouble to your plate. If he could he would punch himself in the face for his actions. “I’m sorry…I’m didn’t mean to start something…” He scratched the back of his head, letting out an exasperated sigh.

“I know…” You flashed him a brief smile before you began opening the lock to the front door. As you turned the knob you felt a strange knot in the bottom of your stomach. Something seemed off. Himchan’s eyes went wide when he heard an unusual click.

“Y/N! Don’t move!” He attempted to reach out to you, but it was too late. You were trapped.


Thanks for reading! Comments and feedback are much appreciated!