Chapter 9

But Why?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Tae?" Tiffany was waiting for Jessica, and then she saw Taeyeon walked from the bar's door to her seat hurriedly. As she looked at her from head to toes, "What are you doing here? In pajamas?"

"Where is T- I mean Jessica?" Jessica can barely catch her breath while on the way here immediately. 

"Oh, she's gone to the restroom for a while now. Maybe I should check her up." Tiffany then was about to take out her phone - seem like she wanted to text to Jessica. 

"T-that's ok. I'm here to pick her up, and you can go home." Jessica suspected that this had something to do with Tiffany, therefore, it may be safer to send the girl home before seeing the state of Taeyeon. 

"Huh?" 

"Yea, she asked me to pick her up." Jessica did her best to smile - assuring the girl. 

"Strange. She didn't say anything about it." Tiffany said silently while pouting, "I was about to drop her home." 

"Nah, I'll do it. Just go home, and see you later, Tiff." Jessica then left to the restroom to find Taeyeon. 

"Did she just call me Tiff?" Tiffany spoke to herself as she herself wasn't sure if it's because of the drink or Taeyeon really just called her that. 

 

The moment Jessica went in the restroom, she saw one closed stall among 3 stalls. She knew immediately that it's Taeyeon - how could she even leave the bar through Tiffany waiting outside anyway. 

Jessica walked to infront of the stall, and knocked it firmly. 

"Jessica?" She could hear the person inside responded immediately. 

"Yea, it's me." Jessica could also sense that the girl was still crying, and probably very tired emotionally, "Let's go home." 

Jessica was relieved that Taeyeon was willing to open the door. Her eyes were already swollen so much from crying. As much as Jessica felt bad for the girl, but also she swore alittle inside that Taeyeon was making herself miserable once again. 

 

On the way back home, they didn't talk at all. Taeyeon had been so silent from the moment she walked out of the restroom stall, and Jessica decided to give her space. She knew Taeyeon well - but she didn't know how to fix it. 

Jessica did feel a little frustrated as she came here to know the reason, yet Taeyeon didn't even utter a word. Jessica wished she could be the one that Taeyeon can share her sadness or frustration to too.

From the past 10 years, Taeyeon never really shared her feelings to other members as she's the leader - therefore she didn't want to burden other people in the team. As a second oldest in the group, Jessica did stood up for the group sometimes when Taeyeon was timid - but they never really bonded. They barely communicated honestly, and it's been ages they did that. So, Jessica also understood from her side that it would be too sudden if they started sharing deep conversation. Especially after what happened in 2014, they despited each other even more - though there were alot of misunderstanding between both of them. 

Tonight, once again, Jessica was willing to put down her pride. Jessica stopped the car at the side road. 

"Cry if you want. Shout if you want." Jessica looked the girl's side, "Just don't hold it inside anymore." Jessica patted her hand.

Taeyeon then started dropping her tears again. It just came out no matter how much she tried to hide. It all came out, right infront of Jessica who was there to console her. Taeyeon cried so much that Jessica decided to hug the girl tightly. 

It was silent, but not uncomfortable for both of them. This was rare that Taeyeon showed her fragile side, and Jessica wanted to let her know that she's there. "Good, cry all you want. I am here. It is okay, Taeyeon-ah." 

Taeyeon never knew that simple words can be so touching to her at the moment. Of all these years, she wanted to be understood - but because she never expressed nor talked, it's hard for people to really understand her. Therefore, Taeyeon can be very timid. 

Taeyeon held onto Jessica tightly as if it would break her. Taeyeon's never been this vulnerable before infront of Jessica. Taeyeon never let her guard down, but today was different. She felt as if Jessica could be comforting at the moment. At least, right now there's one person by her side telling her it would be okay. 

They stayed at the same place for a while until Jessica could feel the girl stopped crying, and fell asleep. Either she's too tired from crying or tipsy. Perhaps both too. Jessica layed the girl back on her own seat, and patted her hair softly. Then she started the car engine again to move to her home. 

 

Jessica wished she had the strength to hold the girl to the home, but that didn't happen. Taeyeon's body was as soft as A4, therefore, she could not even if she wanted. Jessica sighed, and waked Taeyeon up instead.

Taeyeon wasn't in her right state at all as she kept stumbling on the way. Taeyeon's glad abit that Jessica was there to support her while walking at least. Jessica was right, Taeyeon was both tired emotionally and tipsy too. Such an alcohol waste. 

 

When they both arrived inside the penthouse, they stood awkwardly. 

"Go take a shower first, I will -" Jessica was about to offer, but was stopped. 

"Thank you for today." Taeyeon looked down, and admittedly appreciated Jessica's presence tonight. Just now to be specific. 

Things went silent abit again, and definitely, Jessica didn't know how to reply back just yet. 

"Taengoo." 

"y-yeah?" Taeyeon hadn't heard this nickname called from Jessica long time ago. It's been years. 

"I hope you could open yourself more. Just say something if you need help. Silence doesn't help."

Taeyeon couldn't utter a word to reply back. Jessica was right. Taeyeon also knew it's right, but she couldn't push herself to open up sometimes. most of the time. 

"Can you stay here tonight then?" Taeyeon didn't know if it's the alcohol or her loneliness of companion to force her saying that. 

"Ah, Ok." Jessica stuttered abit, but still accepted the offer. It's late too anyway; she didn't need to go back at such a long ride.

 

Once Taeyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter