Chapter 11

But Why?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon was chilling in the living room, but then there's bell ring sound from the door. She simply went to open it - maybe it could be the manager. Looking from the Peephole, it turned out to be Jessica instead. Jessica didn't look so good apparently, so Taeyeon quickly unlocked the door. The moment the door opened, Jessica didn't wait further. She dashed in immediately - even passing through Taeyeon carelessly. 

"You are not having practice today?" Taeyeon closed the door, and turned back to face Jessica. 

-SLAP-

Taeyeon was surprised to receive a sudden hard slap in the face from Jessica. Rather than feeling hurt, she felt surprised wondering what went wrong. Taeyeon lifted the gaze to meet Jessica, only to realize that Jessica was clearly upset from her swollen eyes, and red nose. 

"W-what's wrong?" Taeyeon was looking for explanaton at least, but only to receive another slap from the furious girl. 

-SLAP- 

"You dare asking me what's wrong?" Jessica sneered at Taeyeon angrily, and added "Who are you deciding my own happiness?!"

"W-what are you talking about?" Taeyeon lifted up her face again to face the girl, but Jessica was lifting her hand again. 

Taeyeon closed her eyes, expecting another slap instead of answer. 

Much to her surprise, Taeyeon instead received hug. A loud crying was heard from Jessica at the same time. She seemed hurt, really hurt. Taeyeon stood still for a while, not breaking from the hug yet, wondering what's wrong. Taeyeon wanted to look at her, asking her. 

"Sica, tell me. What's wrong?" 

"Stay still, you idiot!" Jessica refused to break the hug, and still held on to Taeyeon tightly. Just like that, they were silent for a long while. This time, Taeyeon returned the hug too. 

"W-why? Why did you hide it from me?" Jessica spoke through her crying. 

 

*Flashback*

"You know I am glad that you two get to be friend again. I really am." Tiffany patted Jessica's back.

"Oh, just we decided to talk it out." Jessica wasn't even sure when they started to be close again (or were they considered as close now?) but she chose to talk randomly like anyone would. Cliche answer.

"Really? So she knows the truth now then?" Tiffany exclaimed, and it caught Jessica off guard.

Jessica turned back, and frowned at Tiffany. "What truth?"

"Of course, that one." Tiffany answered simply, but she explained further when the girl looked even more confused, "The one in 2014."

Jessica tried to comprehend for a while, but couldn't - so she tried to find the connection between her and 2014 - there's only one things, "2014? When I kicked Jessica out?" 

"Kicked out? You are funny." Tiffany laughed at Jessica's strange look, and continued to walk in the practice room, "You hate that word, and it's never the case anyway." 

Those vague words left Jessica dumbfounded, was there something she never knew about from the girls? 

When she followed Tiffany into the room, all the members were there already. They still had around 10 minutes till the practice started, so they just sat together chatting. Whatever it was, Jessica wanted to find out. 

"Guys, Taeyeon has told Jessica about that thing." Tiffany joined the group, and . 

"What things?" Sooyoung was the first to respond. 

"The 2014 thing." Tiffany responded back immediately, and all the girls looked at them. 

"That thing? Really?" Yoona added. 

"All of these years, you told us to hide from her! and now, you are the one to reveal instead." Yuri smiled at Taeyeon, looking proud. 

"I'm glad! I always have a hard time trying to hide this from Jessica, especially when she cursed at you." Hyoyeon was relieved, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter