Chapter 1

But Why?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take" 

 

Whoever made that quote, Taeyeon just wanted to kick their for saying so. She regretted taking risk to declare her love to her long-term crush. Matter of fact, many men tried to court her but she rejected them all because she reserved her heart for that special someone. She had her eyes on her crush for more than 10 years already, and she thought things could go very well only if she took the risk to initiate. 

 

Today she decided to follow her heart by confessing, only to end up getting drunk right now in a bar. That's right, she got rejected. 

"Miss, we are closing our bar very soon. Please stop drinking."

The bartender was worried about the drunk lady infront of him at the counter. Not only getting drunk, but she's a famous singer, what if something bad happened to her? what if the press found out about her messy situation right now?

"Just one more s-shot! Please, Ahjussi!" Taeyeon tried lifting her face up to meet the bartender's pitiful sight. 

"Let me call the cab for you, miss. I don't think you can drink anymore." 

"W-Why can't you give me another drink? Don't you feel bad for someone who just get rejected? Why are you so cruel, Ahjussi!" Taeyeon started crying suddenly. 

 

 

*Flashback*

 

"Tae, why are you calling me to the rooftop?"

"Just come! you will see!"

Taeyeon giggled through the phone after hanging up, excited to declare her love today. She prepared to confess in a very romantic way by setting up the rooftop of the apartment in a sentimental way. Flower everywhere, Jazz music on, and decent dinner on the table. She had it all planned. 

 

When she heard the door cracked open, she turned to see her long-term crush getting surprised. That person looked around the rooftop, and kept saying wow. Until their eyes met. 

"You've prepared all of this?" That person's eyes shined.

"Yes, just for you." Taeyeon answered shyly, and she noticed the confused expression on that person. 

"M-me? But why? It's not even my birthday yet." That person looked confused than ever, and Taeyeon couldn't tell if it's good or bad. But today, she needed to take all the risk.

Taeyeon decided to walk closer to the confused person infront of her. She started caressing the person's hands.

"Because I love you." 

"I know! I love you too, but don't you think this is too much? I mean the flower, music and fancy dinner. Is it that necessary?" Taeyeon also knew well that person loved her too but Taeyeon loved that person in a different context. 

"No, I love you in another way. I want you to be mine." Taeyeon poured out her real emotion to the person, but the expression went darker. To be honest, Taeyeon was afraid as hell.

 

It went silent for few seconds until the other person decided to speak.

"Look...Tae, I am sorry if I confuse you with my action so far. But I don't think I can return that kind of feeling back to you." That person looked into Taeyeon's eyes sincerely.

That's it. Her fear came true. Rejection. Taeyeon just wanted to disappear there, so she wouldn't have to face this moment. She couldn't speak anything, being numb from what she just heard from the other person. Her tears were threatened to fall, but she wanted to hold it in . . . not right now.

"Tae?" 

". . ." 

"Tae, are you okay?"

". . ." Taeyeon couldn't speak, but only looked at her feet. 

"I am sorry."

"No, it's not your fault." 

"Look. I don't want to ruin things between us, but I just can't return that." 

"I understand." well, Taeyeon just did destroy things between them. "Can you leave me alone here? I-I just need some time to think."

"Oh. okay, sure. I hope you will be fine, Tae." That person leaned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter