Chapter 16 : The Confession, The Revelation and The Decision

The Heiress & I Season 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

15 minutes later Irene arrived at Subway Eatery. The place looked cozy yet luxury. Her eyes roamed around the room, Irene quickened her pace to the quieter section of the room. There, she saw very familiar figure sat elegantly while stared at the window, Tiffany Hwang ah Tiffany Bae to be precise.
“H-Hello Unnie” said Irene hesitantly.
“Oh, Irene.. sit” replied Tiffany calmly.
“Sorry for making you wait, the traffic jam” excused the cardiologist.
“No problem. Let’s order first before we do our discussion” stated the Kim’s ex.
“Okay” muttered Irene shortly.
Tiffany hailed the waiter, a young handsome man came closer to their table. The two told the man their orders.
“Ok. Please wait for some minutes, madams” dismissed the waiter.
Silence could be felt between the two. Minutes later The ordered menus already served on the table.
“Eat first, then we will start our conversation” stated Tiffany.
The sisters ate their foods in silent, it was Tiffany who finished the dish first. The older waited patiently the younger cardiologist to finish her foods.
“I’m done Tiffany unnie” stated Irene after she wiped her lips with the prepared napkin.
Tiffany hailed the waiter.
“Please clean the plates and bring us cold waters” requested Yeri’s mom.
Tiffany’s order came instantly. Tiffany took a deep breath before she opened the chat.
“So, Irene I will be straight to the point” stated Tiffany firmly.
“You know why I called you to be here, right?” asked Tiffany.
The other woman just nodded her head in agreement.
“It’s about Yeri’s appa, Kim Taeyeon” stated Tiffany.
“Yeah, what will you say about Taeyeon, unnie?” asked Irene carefully.
“I want your explanation, details and honest one”replied Tiffany.
“About what, Tiffany unnie?” asked Irene.
“Your relationship. I saw the news this morning. Taeyeon and You weren’t going back to the hotel last night, what happened to the both of you?” asked Tiffany to the point.
In response, Joohyun showed her sadness, her beautiful fingers scratched her oh-so-not itchy nape before she answered the question.
“Ehmm…” Irene cleared .
“So, about that.. the news was correct. Last night I went to Wendy’s place. We met in Yunho’s wedding. I didn’t know that Yunho also invited Wendy. I barely contacted her after our separation before I went back to Seoul from Ontario. I wanted to admit that Wendy Son was my ex. She left me without clear reason. I was a resident in Ontario General Hospital back then and Wendy Son was my childhood friend. I spent my childhood until senior high school time there, I continued my study at SNU, took medical school following my parents’ field. After I finished my studies in Korea, my father asked me to take Cardiology study in Canada. I flew to Ontario and stayed there for 5 years. On my second year of study there, Wendy made a confession to me. At first I was very shocked. But I’ve made a promise to her mother to be good acquaintance for her. We dated for 3 years, on my fifth year in Canada Wendy broke up with me, she left me like a dust.. no explanation, no reason. She cut all ties with me. Finally, I decided to start a new life by flying back to Korea. There, I started my career as Cardiologist. A year later, I got a call from the person I love the most, my crush since university. That person is Kim Taeyeon” Explained Irene.
“Taeyeon called you?” asked Tiffany surprised.
“Yes, she called me. At that time, she was in bad condition. There’s something wrong with her heart. At first she was treated by my sunbae in SNU, Dr.Lee Joon. Due to the different expertise, Dr.Joon moved her treatment to me, Taeyeon..my crush is under my supervision” answered Irene briefly.
“Heart disease?” asked Tiffany I shocked tone.
“Yes, the first time she got an attack was the time she saw her ex-wife did inappropriate thing with her best friend in her own bedroom, that’s Taeyeon’s explanation” stated Irene sad.
Tiffany’s explanation changed into darker one.
“Poor Taeyeon, she has miserable life” pitied the cardiologist.
“Sometimes, I wanted to punch her ex-wife on the face because she made Taeyeon sick” added Irene a bit angry.
A guilty feeling could be felt by Tiffany inside her body.
“Then what did you do to treat her?” asked Tiffany in steady tone.
“Well, she has regular checkup and medication to cure her heart, at that time she just started her business in Raja Ampat Island and had a lover named Jessica Jung. Later I found out that Jessica Jung is Yunho oppa’s cousin. Taeyeon hid her disease from Jessica, she has great motivation to be cured. She did all treatments, she took her medicine diligently..she did that behind Jessica’s back. Taeyeon asked me to keep that as secret from Jessica Ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter