Chapter 5

Finding my Twin Brother

 

O u r  F r i e n d s ’  L i t t l e  S e c r e t
 
"Ah! Youngmin-ah~!" As usual, Jeongmin greeted the oncoming friend with his cheery singing voice.
 
"Annyeong Hyung." Jeongmin got a soft greeting along with a smile as a reply. "How you been?"
 
"Eh?" For a second, the singer heir was confused. Why would Kwangmin ask how he's been if they've been together since class started? That's when he realized it really was Youngmin. "Youngmin-ah!"
 
The prince chuckled. "You thought I was ...?" he didn't need to continue. They were in the hallway and since class just ended it was a bit crowded with people. 
 
"Nae. Usually he'd be running by now."
 
"Oh yea, he is getting faster now." Youngmin nodded proudly.
 
It's been a few days since the whole switch-a-roo has been going on. So far everything was going along well and Youngmin was right, Kwangmin was getting used to the exercise. Their event was getting close by and actually it's tomorrow. The practices are tougher and Youngmin was getting more tense. Usually, he isn't worried about game day, but the fact that he knew he would miss Kwangmin's competition because it was the same time as his game, saddened him. He kept telling himself that they'll be other opportunities but for some reason, he really wanted to be there. 
 
"I have to go now Hyung." 
 
Jeongmin saw it coming but he still couldn't help but pout. "Have fun. Let's hang out soon okay? I miss you."
 
That touched Youngmin and he smiled brightly nodding, he felt the same way. 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
Today was one of the days music club doesn't meet, Assuming Jeongmin was with other classmates or staring at himself in the bathroom mirror again, Donghyun went on ahead to exit out of school. Close to exiting that is. A brown haired boy he knew he'd seen before caught his attention. Who wouldn't notice that fail attempt to hide behind the school gates. Before other people that boy is a creep, Donghyun approached him casually. He had a feeling he knows the reason why he was on his school grounds. 
 
"Looking for Kwangmin?"
 
A startled Minwoo jumped slightly and quickly turned around to the sound of the voice. The failed spy blushed knowing he was caught.
 
"N-no?"
 
Donghyun softly smiled. "I'm sorry to say, but he left already. Tomorrow is his competition right? Can't you wait to see him then?" 
 
Minwoo pouted. He hasn't had a proper conversation with his secret crush for almost a week and to him it just didn't feel good at all. 
 
"I miss my best friend that's all. We haven't talked for days! It weird. And I'm worried he might not be healthy or eating well or... or.... or ....maybe he is too tired!" he spoke as if he was being accused and tried to defend himself.
 
Donghyun tried to hide a laughter. "Trust me, he is being taken care of by many maids. He has enough healthy foods in his body and he gets plenty of sleep in his huge bed. He living like a prince." 
 
Still, Minwoo wasn't convinced. He only replied with silence. 
 
The older one tilted his head and stared at the sad one for a while. He really did look sad and lonely and it broke Donghyun's heart. 
 
"Come on, I'll walk you home."
 
"I don't wanna..." Another pout was shown and Donghyun smiled at his cuteness. 
 
"Then how about you walk me home?" 
 
Minwoo looked up at him.
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
Somehow, he felt even more lonely after that encounter with Youngmin. Donghyun-hyung was nowhere to be found and he didn't feel like hanging out with other classmates he didn't really care much about. 
 
He decided to stop by the music room instead of going home. He wanted to go see if there was anything he might have forgotten and he was right. He has forgotten the lyric sheet Donghyun wrote for him to practice. 
 
As he continued to walk through the hallway corridors, he noticed a familiar figure standing by the doorway of his classroom. He was positive it was the same uniform Kwangmin had before he switched with Youngmin. The figure definitely stood out with it’s blue aura that matched the color of his uniform. 
 
Jeongmin was staring at the figure from behind and tried to dig into his memory to remember who it was. For sure it wasn’t Kwangmin since he knew he had just left a while ago. He had a feeling Minwoo was too skinny to be the same built at the figure standing so there was only one person possible. 
 
A smirk formed Jeongmin’s lips as he thought of a devious plan to scare the lost student. 
 
He quietly sneaked up to him and whispered in a low voice against Hyunseong’s neck. 
 
“I’ve come for your soul.” 
 
A loud gasp was heard and as quickly as he turned around, Hyunseong let out a loud “AH!” seeing Jeongmin right in front of his face. He stepped back surprised and lost his balance causing him fall on ground which earned a loud laugh from the attacker. 
 
“HAHAHA!” Jeongmin pointed laughing at Hyunseong, holding his stomach. He didn’t expect it to be this much of a success. 
 
“What the hell! Jeongmin-ah!” Still panting from the previous fright, Hyunseong placed a hand on his chest to calm his beating heart. Ever since he entered the rich school, he had been worried about bullies that might threaten or beat him for stepping foot on their ground and he really thought Jeongmin was one. 
 
“I’m sorry Hyung! I just had to!” The only one having fun still managed to say between chuckles. “You looked so lost. Looking for Kwangmin?” 
 
Jeongmin offered a hand to help Hyunseong up. 
 
“Actually no. Have you seen Minwoo?” 
 
Confused, the younger one tilted his head. “Uh.. No. Why would he be wandering here?” 
 
Without making eye contact, Hyunseong dusted himself off. “Just thought he would be looking for Kwangmin. He is kinda-” He stopped there, realizing he shouldn’t reveal any further to secure Minwoo’s secret crush for Kwangmin. “Thanks for the heart attack anyway. Have a good day.” And with that, he just turned around and left. 
 
Jeongmin felt a pang in his heart to suddenly be left alone like that. There it was again, loneliness. Never has he ever been walked away from like that. 
 
“Wait!” 
 
To Hyunseong’s surprised, his wrist was quickly grabbed by Jeongmin and it wasn’t loosely either. Jeongmin’s grip was pretty tight. Another surprise to Hyunseong about Jeongmin’s abilities. The older one question by showing a confused look. 
 
“Hang out with me~” And in an instant, Hyunseong was already being dragged away. 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
It felt awkward for Minwoo, but not to Donghyun. He kept his smile hidden in his head and eyes on Minwoo.  
 
"Hyung? Tell me about Youngmin...?" The silence was finally broken by the maknae. At first Donghyun was a little surprised that he would be asked that. Did he come to school 'cause likes the Prince? but then Minwoo added; "Would he ever be mean to Kwangmin...?"
 
Donghyun finally figured out that Minwoo wasn't a normal boy that cared for his best friend. That there was something more to that. He can feel in Minwoo's saddened voice.
 
"Youngmin won't hurt anybody, specially those who are close to him." Leader spoke for his friend.
 
"But he barely met Kwangminnie a few days ago." Worried and upset, Minwoo was still not satisfied. "What was he like before? Was he always rich? Did he ever had a past?"
 
The questions were now getting way too personal for Donghyun's taste. He didn't quite know how to answer such questions. After all, what rights does he have to reveal Youngmin so easily like that. Not that he didn't know the answer though. In fact, Donghyun has the information Minwoo was looking for and even more. He has the power to look through some files using his father's connections and read some dirt. He already had with Jeongmin and Youngmin and they both were fine, but now that he thought about, he knows nothing about Kwangmin. 
 
"What about Kwangmin? Tell me about him." 
 
"hmm... Well he is a very good friend.." Minwoo started. Donghyun was satisfied that he managed to turn the conversation around. He somewhat knew that Minwoo wasn't the type to over think. 
 
"He also likes Pokemon a lot, specially Pikachu!. He has a lot of Pikachu toys in his room. He also likes rice cake soup. He..." And so Minwoo went on and about Kwangmin's likes, dislikes, and hobbies like some expert. Some information Donghyun didn't really need to know but he couldn't just place a hand over the younger ones mouth.
 
"Okay. I see..." But Donghyun still tried to stop him before he gets Kwangmin nightmares in his sleep tonight. "What about his parents?" 
 
Now the real information Donghyun wanted to know was asked. "Do they both look like Kwangmin?" Minwoo was a little taken back by the question. He has never really thought about it.
 
"I guess...? Well Kwangmin looks like his mom a little. Nose and lips....?" As much as he tried to remember about the dad Minwoo just couldn't. "I don't know about the dad though... It's like he is just there"
 
Donghyun nodded understanding. He looked back at Minwoo making eye contact to say what has been on his mind.
 
"To be honest. I've been suspicious about Kwangmin and Youngmin ever since they met. How is it a big coincidence that they look like each other, talk like each other and sound like each other?"
 
A pause and a nod was Minwoo's only reply. 
 
"I think there is something between them... How about you help me? I'll tell you about Youngmin if you tell me about Kwangmin." 
 
This interested Minwoo. 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
Even though he was being dragged by his own will, Hyunseong didn’t complain. He was also curious to where Jeongmin was taking him and wondered why. 
 
His curiosity was answered when Jeongmin finally let go of his wrist as they entered the music room. It was larger than the usual classroom. Even the ones in YongDoJin. It was specifically built for music with all the instruments around. Hyunseong didn’t know, but it was a soundproof room too. 
 
“Why are we here?” 
 
“I just have to pick up these music sheets Donghyun-hyung wrote. He wanted me to sing them and practice.” Jeongmin ruffled through the many papers over the white grand piano. Hmm, now where was it again… 
 
“You sing?..” Hyunseong sat on one of the chairs away from the piano. He examined how brilliantly white it was and looked really expensive, so he didn’t really want to be close to it just in case of accidents that he knew he cannot afford to cause. 
 
“Nae~ Me and Donghyun-hyung organized the music club. He is mostly the leader though.” Jeongmin turned cheerfully with his hands in the air holding the sheet of paper. “Found it~”
 
Hyunseong smiled back without knowing he did. 
 
“Do you sing Hyung?”
 
“No….?”
 
“What’s with that No?” 
 
“Uhh… Because I only sing in the shower?” 
 
Jeongmin smiled and walked around the piano to sit on the chair. He gestured Hyunseong to come closer and for a second the smiley boy earned a hesitant shake on the head, but the more Jeongmin waved his hand to Hyunseong to come to him, he finally came to him awkwardly. 
 
“Let’s pretend to be in the shower.”
 
Both stared at each other for a long paused before bursting out in laughter at how wrong Jeongmin’s sentence was. 
 
It was the perfect thing to repel the awkwardness Hyunseong felt. 
 
Soft melody quickly replaced the laughter as Jeongmin's talented fingers danced across the black and white keys. It was a familiar melody, Hyunseong thought and as the song continued, he knew what song it was. 
 
Jeongmin looked at him and nodded his cue to begin. A shaky start but Hyunseong obeyed by parting his lips and sang.
 
Last night in my dreams...
You drew close to me...
Your whispered words, your hair that brushed against my face...
 
When I woke up from my dream...
It was all too clear.. Hmm
That your presence was nothing but a dream...
The tears in my eyes told me...
 
His eyes on the piano keys and a smile plastered on his face while he listened to Hyunseong's surprising singing voice. As the song came to it's chorus, Jeongmin joined to harmonize. 
 
You can’t, you can’t, don’t leave like this...
Please just one more time, one more time, hold me in your arms again...
 
The next time I close my eyes to meet you...
Hold me as I stay still in that spot...
 
Clear and whispered softly, Hyunseong ended the song. He earned a loud clap and cheer from Jeongmin which made him blush.
 
"Uwaa! You have a great voice!" Hyunseong shook his head denying Jeongmin’s compliment.
 
"You do too... You have a really nice soft voice..." And the hyung of the two meant it. He was amazed at how soft Jeongmin's voice was. He really harmonized well with his own singing. It was soft but powerful. He compared it to Jeongmin's personality. Soft, but loud. He smiled.
 
"But yours is strong! It was great!" It got Jeongmin excited. "Let's sing another one!"
 
Hyunseong didn't complain. He was having fun too. It was the first time he had ever sang with anyone or in public for that matter. And throughout the day, they both continued to play with music. 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
"Wow.." Minwoo had never been in a mansion before. He had only seen it in movies and now he knows being inside a real one is even better. He never really cared about being rich, but still being in Donghyun's mighty palace was great.
 
"Have a seat anywhere. Would like something to drink?" The owner offered. 
 
After finally arriving to Donghyun's grand home, he offered Minwoo to come in to further their investigation about their two look alike friends. Minwoo's curiosity about Youngmin took over him and accepted. 
 
"Um... Do you have apple juice?" 
 
"Sure." Donghyun didn't leave. Instead, he got one of the maids to bring the requested drink for him.
 
The awkwardness returned and Donghyun surely did not like it. To break it, he stood up and gestured Minwoo to follow him. He picked his room for the choice of location and at first he felt somewhat shy bringing Minwoo there, but that was where his computer was located. What can he do? 
 
Minwoo's eyes wandered around the huge room while sipping on his juice box. He looked so cute and innocent. The hyung mentally commented. 
 
"So, why are we here again?"
 
"My computer has access to many documents all around Korea. It was my father's but I managed to hack into it." 
 
"Oh..." A worried voice came out of the maknae.
 
"It's not as bad as it seems." The leader assured.
 
Donghyun's talented fingers began to work, pressing the keys on the computer's keyboard faster than Minwoo imagined. 
 
"Cool..." Minwoo praised.
 
"I know." Although Donghyun wasn't talking about the same thing. He was typing his way to find the files of Kwangmin's history line. "Well that's strange..."
 
"What what?" Minwoo leaned over to look at the screen closer, not realizing he was leaning on Donghyun's shoulder, too close to him too. Not that the hyung minded. 
 
"I found his dad, but there's absolutely nothing on Kwangmin's mom....." 
 
The two mini investigators looked at each other confused.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: So this chapter doesn't have any jotwins, but in the next chapter it surely does. This one shows how the side pairings bond. I hope you guys' like it. I will update the next chapter very soon. 
 
Beta-ed by my girlfriend; oshayy