Chapter 3

Finding my Twin Brother

W e  S w i t c h e d

"Annyeong~" Jeongmin greeted with his cheery voice, and bright smile. "Ready for school~?" 
 
Kwangmin stood in front of Jeongmin, back hunched from exhaustion and sleepy eyes. He was still out of it. His mind still hasn’t processed that his new friend was just in front of his room.
 
"fuummomints..." He mumbled which Jeongmin clearly did not understand. 
 
Kwangmin tried to close the door but Jeongmin already stopped it with his foot and willingly entered the room. As the tired Kwangmin wobble back into bed, the well awaked one took a chance to let his eyes around Kwangmin's room. It wasn't anything special. Instead it was small. The walls painted light shade of blue if you looked closely. Jeongmin compared it to the size of his closet at his home. Video games and books stacked all over his study table and shelf. It wasn't much to Jeongmin's eyes, but he sure did find the Pokemon stuff all around cute.
 
He pulled Kwangmin's leg to try to get him out of bed but the sleepy boy didn't even budge.
 
"I swear you’re just like Youngmin!" he let go of the leg and sat on the foot of the bed. "Although.. He might be worse.." Jeongmin whispered to himself. 
 
Kwangmin glanced at the clock and let out a groan reading the time. "I still have thirty minutes left! Why are you here so early?"
 
"Because! You still have to switch clothes with Youngmin in the limo and talk about your classes."
 
At the word limo, his sleepy state faded and his brain woke up. He sat up and tilted his head. "I get to change in the limo?"
 
"Yea, Youngmin is waiting for you downstairs. Your mom is still here so of course he couldn't come up."
 
Kwangmin rubbed his eyes and nodded understanding. He covered his mouth and yawned before standing up. He still couldn't believe Youngmin still wanted to do this.
 
"Alright. I'll be down in a few."
 
Jeongmin clapped once, happy that he got Kwangmin up easier than he thought. If it was Youngmin, it would have taken him half an hour. Or even more.
 
"don't take too long~" He sang as he closed the door behind him and headed out.
 
Downstairs in the limo, The prince and the pianist waited. Donghyun was patient and he knew the prince wasn't. 
 
"You're really gonna do this?" 
 
Youngmin turned away from the window to his hyung. 
 
"Nae." 
 
A simple yes was all he needed to say and Donghyun saw the want in his dongsaeng's eyes.
 
"Just be careful" Youngmin tried to understand by the look of Donghyun's face to what he meant by 'be careful' and when he was about to asked Jeongmin opened the door and came in. 
 
"He is getting ready~ He‘ll just be down in a minute. He barely woke up when I came. His room is smaller than my closet! You sure about this Young?"
 
That question started to annoy Youngmin. "What do you guys think I am? I'm not that shallow!"
 
A couple of minutes has passed and a nervous Kwangmin entered the limo, but once he looked around, a smile crept onto his lips as the excitement of being able to ride a limo to school sunk in. It was bigger than he expected and everything was so neat. It had so much stuff that he never knew was possible to be in a car. 
 
“So this is how the other half lives…” 
 
“Only the beginning.” Donghyun studied Kwangmin‘s expressions and he was so amused to how it was the same with Youngmin when ever he gets excited over something. 
 
“Here. Wear my uniform.” Youngmin handed him his clothes so Kwangmin started to take off his own. It was the first time Youngmin saw Kwangmin undress and he realized he probably looked like that. The way the black tank top undershirt formed around Kwangmin’s body, fair and clear skin was very handsome and manlier than he expected. He complimented Kwangmin’s features in his mind thinking he was complimenting himself. He shook his head from Kwangmin’s unconscious spell and started undressing himself. He took a gander at Kwangmin’s school uniform and he noticed how simple it was. Dark shade of blue, weary fabric, and some threads loose around the school logo. He reminded himself to buy a new one for himself and Kwangmin. Both were sure that they were the same size and they were right. 
 
Kwangmin sat across Youngmin and he looked at himself from what he can see. 
 
“You two look good!” 
 
“Yea.. Really can’t even tell you apart at all.”
 
Jeongmin leaned close to Kwangmin to examine his face, he didn’t realize he was too close which made Kwangmin blush a bit. 
 
“Really… same eyes, same skin… Are you really Kwangmin!?” 
 
Youngmin chuckled and placed his hand on Jeongmin’s chest to gently push him away from his blushing look alike. 
 
“You two need a code.” The calm collected leader leaned back from his chair to suggest. 
 
“A code?” 
 
“Yea. To know which one is Kwangmin and Youngmin, just in case you two switch places and we didn’t know.” 
 
There was silence for a few seconds. All were thinking of what the code shall be. Seconds turned into minutes and it was harder than they thought. The next thing they knew, they had already arrived to the YongDoJin gates and got distracted from their thoughts when they the driver opened the doors. 
 
“Oh we are here.” 
 
Kwangmin quickly looked out the window and his jaw dropped. This was the school? It looked like a castle. He was very impressed and couldn’t wait to walk in. The gates were white and it matched the students uniform. White with a hint of champagne gold. It was Victorian styled and modernly classy at the same time. Students were entering one by one after walking out of their limos, and expensive cars. Kwangmin has never seen anything like this before in front of his very eyes and it showed sparkles. 
 
Youngmin peeked from the window and nodded. He cued Kwangmin to get himself out and ready while he prepped himself as well.
 
“Alright. Now will you be okay?”
 
“Are you kidding? I’m more worried about you!” Kwangmin excitedly got out of the limo and waved. Donghyun gave a worried nod while Jeongmin smiled good luck at the ‘Kwangmin understudy’. 
 
Donghyun told the driver to take ‘Kwangmin’ to his school before walking off with the real Kwangmin. He was very worried about his friend, but he knew that Youngmin would survive. Jeongmin didn’t worry at all. He knew Youngmin was the prince who moved from town to town plenty of times before, so he will manage. All he was looking forward to was teaching Kwangmin everything new. He felt good about his new friend and couldn’t wait to spend the day him. 
 
The three entered the gates and right away girls and boys had their eyes on them. It made Kwangmin felt uneasy but he just continued walking pretending to be confident like his two hyungs. 
 
Good luck ‘Youngmin’. You got a long day ahead of you.
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
Youngmin was definitely more worried about Kwangmin than himself. He didn’t even have the time to discuss a lot of his school rules with Kwangmin and wasn’t sure about the capabilities he had to have to be the prince of the school. He thought it was selfish to switch his busy rich life with an easy going kid. Little did he know that Kwangmin did not live an easy going life at all. And he will soon find out. 
 
He asked the limo driver to drop him off a block from the school so he wouldn’t grab attention. And it worked. He smiled contently as he reached the gates. It was the first time that he felt like a normal student. No girls trying to grab onto him or waving fan mails in front of his face or forcing him to take chocolates and other foods he doesn’t even want, or club invitations begging for him to join and so on. He was so happy to enter the school gates without complications. 
 
He immediately saw Minwoo outside the gates waiting for him. Or so he thought, but who else would he wait for? He was right anyway. As soon as Minwoo saw him, the maknae smiled and ran to him.
 
“Annyeong Kwangminnie! Did you have a good sleep?~” The happy greeting made Youngmin feel at ease. 
 
“Ah nae. Where’s Hyunseong-hyung?” he tried to casually pass it off as he was Kwangmin. He wanted to see how long would it take until his ‘best friends’ noticed. 
 
Minwoo shrugged at the question. “Don’t worry though, he is coming.” 
 
The two walked. 
 
“Have you talked to Youngminnie?”
 
“Youngminnie?” Youngmin was a little taken back by the cute nickname. No one has every called him that before. Minwoo just nodded as if it was normal and he has said it so many times. “Yes I did, last night.” 
 
“Isn’t he insane? To want to switch places with you?” Minwoo went on not having a clue that he was kind of badmouthing the guy right in front of him. “I mean, no one can replace you Kwangminnie. Your one of a kind~” 
 
Youngmin raised a brow at Minwoo’s corny lines. So this is his personality?
 
“Your too kind.” 
 
Minwoo blushed. 
 
“Don’t think about his offer to much. Don’t take it seriously! He is just some spoiled rich kid who wants to steal your life!” 
 
“…. Your too kind…” Youngmin repeated but with a sarcastic tone. He didn’t expect for Minwoo to suddenly change his view like that.
 
“His friend might probably be mafias and maybe that’s why they are rich! You don’t know them Kwangmin!” Minwoo was now clinging onto Youngmin’s arm and shaking it like he wanted to knock the senses out of him. 
 
“Neither do you!” Youngmin got annoyed and was about to bite off Minwoo’s head for talking that way about his friends, but as soon as he saw Minwoo’s stunned face, he took a deep breath to calm himself down and sighed. 
 
“You shouldn’t talk that way about them Minwoo… Don’t judge.” He looked at his eyes to set things straight and just as the atmosphere turned dark for Minwoo, he thanked Hyunseong for saving it.
 
“Annyeong!” Hyunseong greeted from behind and the two turned around. “I almost missed the bus today!” He sighed in relief. 
 
He noticed the weird facial expressions from Minwoo right away and this caused him to take a pause with what he was about to say. Hyunseong’s eyes traveled up and down Youngmin’s body which made the boy freeze. 
 
“Your not Kwangmin.” 
 
Minwoo held his breath. 
 
“How‘d you know?” Youngmin smirked. 
 
Minwoo’s eyes widened. 
 
“Your stance. Prince Youngmin. Kwangmin isn’t as poised as you.” Youngmin face gave an Oh look, reminding himself to change that. “He doesn’t wear jewelry.” Hyunseong grabbed Youngmin’s wrist immediately to make another point. 
 
“And I had a feeling he would decide to switch this week with you because his tests are over.” 
 
“5 seconds. Impressive.” Youngmin underestimated Hyunseong’s abilities and commended him at how fast he was able to differentiate him and Kwangmin. But this didn’t worry him too much about how other’s will perceive him. After all, Minwoo couldn’t even tell. 
 
Speaking of the boy, Minwoo stood there shocked and started bowing right away to the ‘Prince.’
 
“I’m Sorry! I’m Sorry Youngmin-ah! I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to! I-” He was stopped by Hyunseong’s hand over his mouth. Youngmin stared freaking out at the small attention Minwoo made and kept waving his hands gesturing ‘no’. 
 
“Babo! This is Kwangmin!” Hyunseong whispered his yell into Minwoo‘s ears which only caused him to whimper out another apology through Hyunseong‘s hand. He moved his hand away after a few seconds and wiped it on his pants. 
 
“Shh! Please Minwoo! Don’t worry about it. Just help me fit in! Do I need to remind you that me and Kwangmin can also be in serious trouble for this?? Please. Keep it down.” 
 
“I’m so sorry…” 
 
“It’s okay.” 
 
Their secret conversation was interrupted by the bell. Youngmin let out a sigh to let out the nerves. Finally, he was able to get really started on his first day of being Kwangmin the normal one. 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
Donghyun noticed there was enough time to give Kwangmin a little tour as they head to their class. Every now and then, he would give a little description about the school in a low voice so only Kwangmin and Jeongmin could hear and Jeongmin did the same. 
 
"The key is to be calm in everything you do. That's how Youngmin is." Donghyun advised. 
 
"When you say it like that, he sounds like a really cool person." 
 
"Oh he is!" The son of the singers proudly said. "Youngmin is the prince of the school. Even when he is stressed, he’s never shown it. Who knows maybe nothing even stressed him out. He is just calm about everything and does well."
 
"P-Prince?" A surprised Kwangmin gulped at the term. What a way to describe someone he had to be!
 
"Youngmin-oppa!!" girls from behind started screaming. Donghyun and Jeongmin continued to ignore but Kwangmin by instinct turned which caused even more commotion.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo." He waved shyly and his fans screamed. 
 
Donghyun grabbed his shoulder to turn him around and continued to walk. "I said, stay calm didn't I?"
 
Kwangmin blushed. He didn't realize everything meant literally everything. Now he was scared people would scream for him more.
 
As he walked through the pretty hallway, Donghyun separated from them to enter his own class. Jeongmin led to get to their own class and he was relieved to have Jeongmin as a classmate. Back at his school, he didn't have Minwoo or Hyunseong in his class. His studies were far more advance than theirs. 
 
The smiley student opened the door and Kwangmin's mouth gaped. This was his classroom?! He was amazed. It looked like a fancy office. There were less chairs and tables, but they were three times bigger than he normal ones or any normal ones to be honest. The chairs were more like small sofas and the room design was exquisite. 
 
"Wow..."
 
"Yup" Jeongmin pointed him to his seat which Kwangmin happily took. He never felt his so happy in such a comfortable chair before.
 
"I can fall asleep with this." Kwangmin commented.
 
Jeongmin chuckled. "Youngmin often does." in a second, he realized he was wrong to say that. "I mean. You often do!" He corrected himself. 
 
Class was ready to be begin and Kwangmin was more excited than nervous. Class helpers started passing out books to each student and Kwangmin got more excited if possible. The books were brand new and smelled new. He opened the pages and his eyes sparkled at the many new information it contained. The inner nerd inside him was happy. 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
Youngmin sat in his new classroom calmly. He looked at everyone and around the room and didn't really have anything to compare to his old classroom. It was a normal classroom, with normal wooden chairs, small tables, green chalkboard, and loud students mingling with one another. It wasn’t fancy, but he loved it. He felt comfortable and he felt like a normal student. He wasn’t surprised that his two ’best friends’ weren’t in the same class as him, but he was surprised why. Youngmin was sitting in a room with the top 30 students of the whole class. He was impressed with Kwangmin’s brain.
 
The class went on and on and as usual, Youngmin was looking out the window watching the other students play sports. He wondered what kind of sports this school offered and he wondered when would it be time for the physical class. He also studied the school’s P.E uniform. He found it cute, how simple it was and he wanted to try it on. 
 
He was so busy staring out the window that didn’t realize ‘his’ name was being called repeatedly. 
 
“Kwangmin-ah!”
 
The second he turned and saw the teacher standing right in front of him, he was surprised and moved his hand from leaning on his cheek. 
 
“Yes?” 
 
“There’s no time to daydream Kwangmin-ah! The competition has been postpone for this week! You need to study, study, study!”
 
Competition!? What competition?!
 
Youngmin was about to open his mouth to ask, but no words left and the teacher walked back in front of the class. He told himself to ask Kwangmin later. 
 
Class ended as time flew by. Lunch began and he looked at his bag for his cell phone to contact Minwoo or Hyunseong. He surely did not want to get lost looking for the cafeteria. 
 
Suddenly, a girl came up to him with a note in her hand. Youngmin took a deep breath and let out a sigh. He really didn’t need another confession right now, but to his surprise the girl just left the note on the his desk and bowed before leaving. Curiously, he quickly picked up and read 
 
“Emergency meeting at room B24 instead of F12. A.S.A.P 
-Director” 
 
“Director?” Lost in his thought, Hyunseong and Minwoo came in with smiles as a greeting. 
 
“So how was class?” The brotherly hyung asked and for an answer, the newbie of the group flashed the note in front of Minwoo’s and Hyunseong’s faces. 
 
“Which sports does Kwangmin play?” Youngmin made sure his voice was low that their conversation was only heard by his two friends. 
 
He didn’t expect Hyunseong and Minwoo to chuckle so abruptly at his question. “Kwangmin!? He couldn’t catch a ball from a 5 year old!” 
 
A frown crept onto Youngmin’s lips. “then what is this meeting?” 
 
“Kwangmin is the smartest guy in the world!” Hyunseong rolled his eyes at Minwoo’s exaggeration. 
 
“He goes to academic competitions. The ace club is probably having a meeting. You should go and then tell Kwangmin about what happened.” 
 
Youngmin nodded and stared at the note again. “Can you guys drop me off at room B24?” 
 
The two were happy to help and took their lost friend to the said room.
 
“We’ll eat. Call us if you need anything~” Minwoo waved followed by Hyunseong’s nod before leaving.
 
Youngmin wasn’t worried about being left alone with a group of smart people. He was sure that maybe he would just blend in and listen to the meeting conversations then tell Kwangmin about it later. To be smart, he took out his cell phone ready to record the conversation. 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
Everything was going fine on Kwangmin's side. Jeongmin could tell the new Youngmin was definitely enjoying the rich life. The food was more than he expected it to be in a school cafeteria, but he never knew can ever be that loud. A crowd always followed them everywhere which made him cautious. 
 
Sadly for him, school was over. He was having such a good time learning, he didn't want it to end. What a nerd. He was really looking forward to the rest of the week. Fortunately, his part wasn't over yet. Club activities occurs after school and Youngmin was part of multiple club sports. Basketball season was in this year, but of course Kwangmin had no idea about such a thing.
 
He was about to leave with Jeongmin until the singer stopped him. 
 
"Where do you think your going?"
 
"Home?" he raised a brow in question. 
 
"You got basketball practice, me and Donghyun-Hyung have music club."
 
"Basketball??" The Pikachu lover started to freak out as Jeongmin turned him around to head to the gym. "Wait wait! I can't play!" 
 
"Oh don't be so nervous~ you'll do fine~" Jeongmin grabbed the stubborn student's wrist to drag him more.
 
"No no you don't understand. I really can't play!" Kwangmin tried to stand his feet on the ground but Jeongmin was stronger and pushed him inside the gym right away. There's an evil side in Jeongmin that was kind of playful. 
 
"Have fun~" The happy teen sang leaving the nervous one to stand there alone. He wasn't completely alone though. Students were already playing and shooting hoops. The loud noises from the bouncy ball, a yelling coach and squeaky shoes filled the room. It actually made Kwangmin more nervous.
 
"Yo Youngmin-ah! Hurry up and get changed!" a boy he recognized was his classmate ran up to him with a ball in his hand. Kwangmin prayed that he wouldn't pass the ball.
 
"ah... Well I was thinking of skipping practice today. Sorry but I'm just not feeling well...." 
 
His excuse caught everyone's attention.
 
"What?! You skip?!" Another boy approached. 
 
"You can't miss practice now. The game is coming up!" Another boy argued. 
 
The coach finally came up to them to see the problem. "alright alright. Break it up." Everyone ran back to their positions and started playing again, leaving the coach to have a one and one talk with Kwangmin. 
 
"Alright Youngmin-ah. You can rest for today. You need to take care of yourself. We can't afford to lose our ace player now. So rest up" The coach patted Kwangmin's shoulder before running back to his team. As quick as the coach left, so did Kwangmin. As fast as he can, and he didn't know he can run that fast, he looked for the music club room panicking. 
 
ah... What to do!
 
He couldn't stop thinking about having to play basketball and having to actually play a real game! 
 
Beautiful piano music guided him to the music room. It made him stop running and slowly approach the doors. He knew that wherever that was coming from, Donghyun and Jeongmin should be there. He entered the room softly panting and he was so glad that only the two people he wanted was there. Donghyun immediately stopped playing his music as Jeongmin turned with a worried "what's wrong?"
 
Kwangmin swallowed before speaking. "There's a game this week! I can't play!" 
 
As if on cue, his cell phone rang, startling him. He answered it quickly. 
 
"I can't believe your school is so strict with phones!" 
 
That voice. "Youngmin!" 
 
At the mention of the name, the two older musicians stood up from their seats. 
 
"Yes, it's me. How was first day of school~?" A playful question came through the phone. 
 
"Oh swell~ until I find out your the ace player and prince of his school! You have a game coming up and I can't play!"
 
Youngmin sighed, seeing the problem. He leaned back against the wall from where he was standing. Even though Kwangmin couldn't see. "Yea... I heard you were bad at sports. You honestly don't look it. Even the fact that your a smart . You have a math competition this week. A meeting about it was held today."
 
"What?!"
 
"Didn't know you were such a nerd..."
 
"That was suppose to be next week!" 
 
"They postponed it." 
 
Kwangmin freaked out even more. Donghyun noticed his forehead was sweating. The worried let out a heavy sigh after taking a long pause. "This was a mistake... I need to go back..."
 
Youngmin's heart broke. He really didn't want to go back yet.
 
"wait!"
 
Kwangmin listened.
 
"Come on nerd. Don't give up yet. Look. I got a plan okay?"
 
"A plan?" The confused twin repeated which made Donghyun and Jeongmin compelled to eavesdrop even more.
 
"You said you were fine until the game right? Don't worry. We'll just switch by then. I'll play my basketball game and you play your nerd game."
 
Kwangmin was starting to get offended being called a nerd so much, but that was his least worries right now. "What about practice? Coach expects you to practice hard with them."
 
"Don't worry. We'll each take a car to switch. I practice and you practice your math. Deal?"
 
Kwangmin hesitated to accept but he trusted Youngmin somehow and nodded even if the other can't see. "Deal." 
 
"Great. I'll talk to you tomorrow nerd!"
 
"Don't call me a ne-!" but Youngmin had already hanged up before he can finish his sentence. 
 
Beep Beep.
 
Kwangmin sighed and stared at the confused musicians. He only answered them with a shrug which earned him a pat in the shoulder and back.
 
Youngmin leaned his head back with a sigh of relief. He really didn't want to go back yet. He was having too much fun being Kwangmin but mainly, he really wanted to meet Kwangmin's family. He wanted to feel what it's like to eat with your parents. Both not just one and every night.
 
To have a dad and a mom. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Annyeong. Have you guys' watched Boyfriend W Academy's first episode that aired friday the 13th? It was so cute and funny!  If you haven't watch it, you have to! Jeongmin's english and hyper attitude, not to mention Kwangmin's horrible PE skills fits my fic's character really well! xD it was so cute and funny. Hope you enjoy Chapter 3. More problems and troubles and love evolution to come~
 
Beta-ed by my girlfriend; oshayy