Chapter 1

Finding my Twin Brother

M e e t i n g  Y o u

“wait!” Jeongmin who was running from the school restroom, yelled to Youngmin and Donghyun. The two walked casually away ignoring Jeongmin’s waves and yells. Both were busy with their own conversation about Youngmin’s upcoming birthday party, so they didn’t stop walking and talking, but Jeongmin managed to catch up. 

 
“yah!” A panting Jeongmin yelled which finally got the taller students’ attention and the two look at him. “I can’t believe you guys just left me like that!” 
 
Youngmin made a face while Donghyun crossed his arms. 
 
“Well we kept calling for you Mirror Prince! But you were too busy looking at yourself” Youngmin protested. 
 
“so we left.” Donghyun added and caused Jeongmin to pout. 
 
Not knowing what else to say for his defense, he fixed his jacket and earned a pat in the shoulder from his Donghyun-hyung. They continued the walk and head out of school. 
 
YongDoJin is known for its elegance, intelligence and wealthy students. Most of the students’ parents are famous. Some are well known artists, company owners, and etc, so yes, most of the parents donate to the school to make sure their sons and daughters have the best education they can get. It’s no surprise that the three students of YongDoJin are the most popular and richest students in their whole entire school. Aside from their good looks, the three have their own special talents that make any girl swoon, teachers favor and jealous boys wish to be. 
 
Kim DongHyun, the oldest of the three is known for his intelligence, musical abilities and not to mention good looks. He isn’t only the class leader, but also the leader of the music club. Because of his mature views in everything, he is admired by many students and teachers. His piano skills makes the girls’ hearts pound, his mature level makes the teacher wish there were more of students like him in the classroom, and guys envy his leadership. Of course his handsome features and manly exterior just adds in the running of being the perfect man in the world. 
 
Then there’s Lee Jeongmin. The son of popular duo singers Lee Jinki and Key. He was named Jeongmin from the combination his parent’s names, Jinki, also known as Onew and Key Kibum. In addition to being a good candidate for the perfect man campaign, entertainer genes were passed on to him from his parents. He has a soft soothing voice that any girl would faint over, amazing smile that teachers can’t help but go easy on, and social skills that guys can easily befriend. He’s in the music club with his best friend DongHyun. He is a year younger than him, but everything worked out well when they first met ages ago. They met when they were little and both protected each other like brothers ever since then. 
 
Ever since he met the two, Youngmin has always envied Donghyun’s and Jeongmin’s brotherly relationship. On the count of he was an only child and because of his father’s business, he always had to move from places to places and naturally, it felt lonely. So far, being friends with Donghyun and Jeongmin filled that and he smiles seeing his friends accept his friendship. 
 
Ah, The son of the stars, Jo Youngmin. With beautiful facial features that any girls and boys desire, the boy is absolutely gorgeous. The Youngest of the three and the newest boy in school, but being new didn’t stop him from being popular right away and stealing all the girls’ hearts. Behind all that gorgeous face, he also had special skills that qualified him for the perfect man debate. His sport skills got him to fit in perfectly with the crowd. Girls loved to watch him, boys love to play with him, and teachers love to sponsor him. 
 
Although the three have different skills, they shared the same passion in what they do and end up having a good time with each other. Each didn’t waste time envying one other and because of that, the three managed to become good friends. 
 
“How many people are you inviting anyway?” Donghyun asks Youngmin without looking at him but only straight on their path. Youngmin was about to answer until Jeongmin interrupted with a smart point which made the boys look at him. 
 
“Are you kidding? Even if he only invited 10 people, in the end, the whole school will come!” 
 
Youngmin sighed as he realized Jeongmin was right. 
 
“The whole school already knows anyway Young.” 
 
Hearing that, Donghyun looked at the frowning Youngmin and felt bad. He knows how hard it is to be popular whether you like it or not. Looking at Youngmin, he remembered the first time he barely met the boy. His eyes were filled with loneliness and annoyance towards the girls crowding over him the first steps he made into the school. He knew that look very well and decided to befriend him which worked out well. 
 
“Youngmin, let’s just have the party and let our classmates come. Let’s have fun and not waste the time being secretive about it. I promise you, we’ll have our own little birthday party for you the day after in our hangout room, just the three of us.”
 
The soothing words from his hyung made him smile and nod. He ended up looking forward to his birthday this year after all. 
 
“great!” Jeongmin cheered with his bright smile. 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
Kwangmin tilted his head as he watched his best friend tie his shoe. 
 
“He isn’t a baby Minwoo, He is older than you. He can tie it by himself” His other best friend and hyung complained by his side.
 
He felt so embarrassed every time Minwoo bends down and ties his shoe lace for him like that, but every time he denies the offer, Minwoo has already gone down and start doing it. He doesn’t understand why Minwoo goes to the extreme sometimes for him, so he just thanks the action and bows slightly out of habit. 
 
“thanks Minwoo…” 
 
“Your welcome!” cheerfully, the maknae grabbed hold of his backpack and walked beside Kwangmin. “I don’t mind it at all.” Hyunseong glared softly at the maknae behind Kwangmin’s back which Minwoo ignored. 
 
Kwangmin might not know why Minwoo does the little extreme kindness he does but Hyunseong knows perfectly well why. Minwoo has been in love with Kwangmin ever since he could remember. He found it cute at first but soon realized that Minwoo over does it sometimes and watching it was getting annoying in his eyes. But the real reason wasn’t that he was jealous that the maknae favored Kwangmin than him, but it was because he was scared that if Kwangmin didn’t feel the same way, then their friendship might turn into a completely disaster and Hyunseong cherished his two dongsaengs too much to ruin that. Maybe he was being selfish, he didn’t know, but he was being safe than sorry. 
 
Kwangmin was oblivious to everything. Not that he was stupid or anything. As a matter of fact, Kwangmin was one of the smartest and hardworking boy in school. Minwoo only told Hyunseong about his huge crush, and Kwangmin always took Minwoo’s kindness as a close friendship. The three had been friends ever since they could remember and Minwoo never saw it coming how he just suddenly fell for his classmate. 
 
Hyunseong walked a little bit ahead and decided to change the subject.
 
“Do you know what your going to get Kwangmin?” 
 
“Umma gave me money to buy anything I want~” Kwangmin quickly flashed his money envelope before putting it back to his jacket pocket. 
 
“well not anything. I know you don’t have a cars worth of money in there.” Hyunseong teased. 
 
“ah..” Kwangmin pouted. “well, that’s okay.” 
 
Knowing Kwangmin, he wasn’t a greedy person anyway. He was very thankful to receive the envelope in the first place and that’s why they are going to the mall. Not only to help Kwangmin choose his own birthday present but for the two best friends to also find something that for sure Kwangmin will like. The three were determined to make it a really good shopping day. 
 
The three weren’t the richest in the world. They lived a stable life living in their parent’s stable average income. Although, Kwangmin didn’t know it, but his parents had been having some financial issues that he was also oblivious about. What parent would want their son to worry about it? They only want Kwangmin to worry about school and so he did. 
 
Cho Kwangmin one of the smartest students in KangSeoo High. Aiming to be the top smartest student in the whole school. He already had his mind and body set to work his hardest to receive a scholarship so his parents can erase college funds off their worry list. Kwangmin was always such a good boy. He listened to his parents well and quite the umma’s boy, but that didn’t give him shame. He was an only child and his mom treated him like he was her world and truthfully he was. 
 
Of course, intelligence wasn’t the only charming thing about Kwangmin. The boy was also one of the most handsome students in KangSeoo. All three of them were. Even though they weren’t rich, they were very popular in their school. Kwangmin never took it as popularity though. He just knew that he competed in a lot of academic competitions and made a fair amount of friends that is why he is known. The modest and quiet schoolboy that he was, he never admitted or can admit that he was popular with the girls or anything. 
 
Cute boy No Minwoo knew he was popular but just like Kwangmin, He didn’t really care. He was the cutest boy in school no doubt but that didn’t disqualify him as one of the handsome boys the girls wanted as a lover. He had his charismatic moments specially when he danced. He’s part of the dance club and every now and then, he wows everyone with his talented moves, flashy steps and adorable smile that everyone just loved to see. 
 
Hyunseong got along with Kwangmin really well the first time they met in their younger years. They were both quiet, shy and had a drive to work hard in school to support their parents. But unlike Kwangmin, Hyunseong wasn’t a top student. He worked fairly hard as well to fulfill his goal to become a dentist and silently looks out for Kwangmin and Minwoo on his own. He is like a brother to his two best friends and he wouldn’t want it any other way. One can say that Hyunseong has low self-esteem about himself, considering he feels that Minwoo makes him feel left out sometimes and Kwangmin was always chosen rather him. Kwangmin always grabbed the attention from the students and teachers. Not that Hyunseong was jealous, not at all. He knows that Kwangmin doesn’t mean to or even want the attention, so he couldn’t hate the kid. He was quite proud of his dongsaeng, but now he is used to just being the guy that was always by Kwangmin and Minwoo‘s side. He wasn’t ugly or anything! In fact he was handsome and had plenty of confessions, but he never felt like he deserved it. 
 
Hyunseong stared at Kwangmin for a while before he finally opened his mouth to give a little encouragement. “This year will be a great year Kwangmin.” 
 
Kwangmin nodded in agreement along with a smile.  
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
Once the three rich boys stepped inside the shopping center, immediately they turned heads. School uniformed, handsome, clean boys just passed each and every googly eyed noonas engaged in their own conversation. 
 
Youngmin looked around thinking hard where to go. He didn’t know why but he had a feeling that this birthday year needed to be special. 
 
He looked at a clothing store that he knew was a good place to start. He had been there before and bought expensive clothing and he guessed a new outfit to wear for his party would be nice. 
 
“I think I’ll buy something here.” Youngmin stopped walking and pointed at the store.
 
Donghyun and Jeongmin just nodded and stepped back to let him. 
 
“alright, we’ll go find something for your party” Jeongmin smiled and flashed his cell phone knowing that Youngmin knew what it meant. 
 
“call us if you need anything~” Donghyun waved his hand as he walked off with Jeongmin and Youngmin entered the store. 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
“Kwangmin Kwangmin! Look!” Minwoo yelled and waved at the older brunette across the store that also got Hyunseong’s attention. He was pointing a cute bright yellow Pikachu doll that looked so soft and huggable, Minwoo picked it up.
 
“ah~” Hyunseong nodded as he reached over to touch it and pet it. He knew the reason Minwoo called them for it. The birthday boy was a Pokemon nerd and both knew he would like it, but he sure didn’t expect the next thing that came out of Kwangmin’s mouth. 
 
“your getting me that for my birthday?” Kwangmin stared at his favorite Pokemon and tried to not give in to its cuteness.
 
“It’s cute right? How much?” Minwoo started to search for the tag, but Kwangmin stopped him. 
 
“Pikachu again!? Come on guys! You always give me Pokemon stuff when you can’t think of anything else to get me.”
“oh so you don’t want it?” Hyunseong waved the doll to his face. 
 
Kwangmin pouted and turned around. 
 
“…..no…..” 
 
His answer quickly made the two boys laughs. Both new it was such a lie. Hyunseong placed his arm around Kwangmin’s shoulders thinking, sometimes his dongsaeng was just too cute. 
 
“I guess it’s best if I don’t know what you guys are getting me.” 
 
Hyunseong and Minwoo nodded in agreement. 
 
“I’ll head over to the opposite side of the mall.” 
 
The Kwangmin fan boy of the group pouted and Hyunseong clearly saw. He moved his arms around from Kwangmin to Minwoo and started pulling him to walk. 
 
“come on maknae~ we will buy him a bigger Pikachu doll!” Hyunseong teased making Minwoo laugh. 
 
Kwangmin shook his head at his friend’s joke, but can’t help worry that his hyung actually might. The Pikachu lover turned and walked in search for something that might catch his attention and one mannequin did. There it was. A dark blue military styled blazer on a cool looking mannequin was standing in front of one of the expensive stores he never dared to enter. He had always wanted one of those jackets, but he knew he couldn‘t afford it. He looked down at his envelope and gripped it tightly. I do have the money this time… He thought to himself and went ahead and walked inside the store.
 
He looked around in amazement at how classy the store was. Everything was different, style wise and the design of the store was quite extraordinary. There was a wall in the middle of the store that had water falling on it which he didn’t really understand what was it was used for in a clothing store. 
 
He shrugged and was a bit surprised when a salesman came to him right away with a huge smile that kind of creeped him out. 
 
“May I help you sir?” 
 
“ah…. Yes! I’d like to see one of those jackets that the mannequin is wearing.”  Kwangmin immediately pointed at the one he saw. 
 
“Lovely, Right this way.” The salesman gestured which Kwangmin silently followed. He was brought to a rack filled with the jackets he fancied. There was blue, dark blue, red, dark red, black, beige, white and it got him excited.
 
He picked up a black one and dark red one.
 
“oh these are such nice colors, I can’t decide!”
 
The salesman smiled at the teen’s cuteness, but mostly happy that he was about to make a sale. 
 
“I think they would all look nice on you sir. Would you like to try it out?”
 
“Yes please!” Kwangmin was brought to the dressing room with the two expensive blazers and ready to change. 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
Youngmin walked inside the store. He has been there before and he knew he might be able to find a fancy outfit in here that he can wear for his party. He looked around the jeans section and found nothing he liked. His feet dragged him to the jackets section and found an interesting type of military jacket. He was about to grab one but the salesman startled him from behind him. 
 
“sorry to surprise you sir. Did you like it?”
 
Youngmin was a bit confused about what the man was asking. Like what? Being surprised?
 
“uhh, no? I would like to try on this white jacket.”
 
“yes sir.” The salesman nodded and took him to the dressing room. 
 
He followed, and entered a room. 
 
“can you also bring me a beige one? Thanks.“ He added and saw the salesman nod before he closed his door. He turned to face the mirror before taking off his school jacket to try it on the new one. 
 
After a few seconds, Kwangmin comes out from his fitting room and was about to walk back to the rack but was stopped by the salesman again. 
 
“Here is your beige jacket sir.” 
 
Kwangmin was confused but he hesitantly took it. He looked at it and thought it wouldn’t hurt to try it on.
 
“actually I want to try the dark blue one.” He said before walking back to this dressing room. The salesman nodded and went back to the rack.
 
Youngmin comes out of his room and walks to him handing him the white one as the salesman hands him the dark blue jacket Kwangmin asked for. 
 
“what’s this? I said I wanted a beige one.”
 
“I just gave it to you.” The salesman raised a brow. 
 
“No I’ve been waiting for my beige one.” He sighed and accepted the dark blue one to try it on anyway. He went back into his room and close the door. 
 
The salesman stared at him as he walked away, but just ignored his thoughts and walked back to the rack to find another beige one.
 
Kwangmin comes out and hands the beige jacket to the salesman and innocently shakes his head. 
 
“I don’t like it. I pick the dark blue one instead.” 
 
“but I just gave it to you” you can tell that the salesman was really getting annoyed and his customers help tone was fading. 
 
Kwangmin stared at him at his sudden change of tone and shook his head. “I want the dark blue one.” 
 
“Alright that’s enough!” the salesman yelled which caused Kwangmin to flinch. “I’m tired of your high school tricks alright! Security!” 
 
Kwangmin’s eyes widened in fear as soon as he saw the big security guys come out and was ready to drag him. 
 
“but wait!” Kwangmin was so confused but mostly scared. 
 
“I just wanted the blue jacket!” The poor boy whimpered as he was pushed out the store and fell on the ground. He stared at the closed doors confused. 
 
From the inside, Youngmin innocently just strolls out from his dressing room and walks to the pissed off salesman without a clue. 
 
“I don’t like it. I want the beige one.”
 
“You again!?” the annoyed salesman yelled that Youngmin took to offense. 
 
“excuse me?” Youngmin crossed his arms. 
 
“get out of my store!” The salesman called his security again and Youngmin was dragged as well, but it wasn’t as easy this time. Youngmin struggled and continued to protest. 
 
“what the fu-!” 
 
“you kids really don’t belong in stores like these!” 
 
“what are you talking about!?” 
 
“you’re never allowed here again!” 
 
“I just wanted a god damn jacket!” The angered teen yelled as he waved his arms around trying to escape from the tight grips of the security, but he was pushed out the door. He lost his balance causing his to make contact with the floor.
 
“stupid newbie worker!” He hissed and tried to stand up right away after glaring at the closed doors. He kneeled and dusted himself. “what in the world just happened?” 
 
“I don’t know…..” 
 
Youngmin turned his head and as soon as he did he fell back on his surprised. 
 
Kwangmin was equally surprised and stared at Youngmin frozen. 
 
The two stared at each other for a long time. Both confused, shocked and hearts pounding out of their chests.
 
And in that instant, everything changed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Hey Guys. So this is the first chapter & I really hope you enjoy it. The more comments of course the more encouraged I will be to continue to post. If there is any confusion about the twin's parents, please just wait. It will be explained as the story moves on. If there's confusion about the argument part... I hope there wasn't >___>; 
 
italics are thoughts
YongDoJin and KanSeoo is a made up school name. I combined the three friends name to one school. ._.
Youngmin was not blonde here yet. 
 
Beta-ed by my girlfriend; oshayy