Chapter 9

Finding my Twin Brother

I ’ l l  H e l p  Y o u  G i v e  U p  O n  Me

"But... If we are... I'll help you give up on me..."
 
"B-but Kwangmin..."
 
"It wouldn't be right if we were brothers Youngmin... "
 
"I know but..."
 
"I feel as responsible about this, so I'll help you. You'll see Youngminnie. I'm not the one meant for you."
 
It just kept replaying in his head. The heartbreaking deal he and Kwangmin had the day before. It really was a hard decision and a rough day, but there was nothing to do about it now. He had decided to accept. 
 
Here he is now, sitting in his classroom, staring at the board while his mind was somewhere else. Somewhere in Kwangmin daydream land to be exact. He just couldn't shake the innocent boy out of his mind. 
 
Kwangmin... Kwangmin.... 
 
"Youngmin... Youngmin? Youngmin!" The teacher finally got him out of his thoughts. Everyone looked at the blinking prince, who shook his head then smiled softly at his teacher. "Youngmin-ah, what the answer?"
 
"Eh? Uhh. I'll pass."
 
"What? Last week you were raising your hand and answering questions like a tornado."
 
That was Kwangmin...
 
"Oh, sorry. I just knew that lesson well..."
 
And with that, the teacher shrugged it off and moved on. Great, more thoughts of Kwangmin popped into his head. Instead of forgetting, more things reminded him of his sweet look-alike. Youngmin leaned his hand against his pretty cheek and stared at the board, pretending to be interested, but Jeongmin saw right through it. The mirror prince watched his friend suffer in his thoughts. 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
"Here." Donghyun warned before he threw a snack at Youngmin then another at Jeongmin.
 
"Thank you~"
 
"Thanks"
 
Their location was now on the school rooftop of YongDoJin. Every now and then the three students hang out there to escape from the popularity below them. 
 
"You look pale." Donghyun had his hands in his pants pocket as he commented on Youngmin's face with concern. He stood in front of the two. 
 
While eating their snack, Youngmin stood against the wall and Jeongmin sat on the floor next to the ‘pale’ friend. 
 
"Are we hanging out after school today?" His perky mood really does help people in their sad days sometimes. Jeongmin smiled at Youngmin with a slight tilt in the head.
 
Youngmin made sure he finished chewing properly before he answered. "I can't. I have to go to Kwangmin's today. Meet his parents."
 
"Oh. So today is the day?"
 
"Yup."
 
The two best friends had a worried look. They knew. Youngmin had already them what happened that night he and Kwangmin went home to discuss the rest of the things. He then explained how he just subconsciously confessed his heart out and they’d be lying if they told you they saw it coming. They surely didn't. The were equally surprised. The prince of calm and collected sure knew how to really be relaxed and hide his feelings well from the surface. The friends were most likely impressed and happy rather than disgusted about the whole thing.
 
Donghyun and Jeongmin knew about the deal as well and that disappointed them, but they knew it wasn't their right to interfere. They just had to see how everything goes. 
 
"Aww... That’s too bad. Oh well." Jeongmin titled his body a bit to take out his cell phone from his pocket. "I just have to kidnap Hyunseonggie again."
 
Youngmin almost chuckled. Almost.
 
"Yah! What is up with that by the way?"
 
"What is up with what?" Without looking at his the prince, Jeongmin replied while texting.
 
"You and Hyunseong-hyung." 
 
"What about us~?"
 
"Oh they are a total couple." Donghyun chuckled joining in.
 
"Are you?!!"
 
"No~ I like him okay. He is fun~"
 
"Fun?!" Youngmin scoffed. No mean to disrespect his hyung but; "That boy has no color in his book what so ever."
 
Jeongmin looked at Youngmin. "You don't know him like I do. And plus! You heard his voice. He is an incredible singer. Mehrong~"
 
"Pshh! Ever heard Kwangminnie rap? Talented!"
 
"That's not singing!"
 
"It's hot!"
 
Donghyun laughed as he continued to watched his to watch his two dongsaeng's play the 'my horse is bigger than your horse' game. He shook his head and let the boys be while he enjoyed the rest of his snack.
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
"Ugh! Why can't I just use the front door?"
 
"No, my parents are home!"
 
"They'll just think I'm you."
 
"You're still wearing your uniform!"
 
Youngmin looked down at himself and mentally cursed. Crap. He didn't think to change. He was too busy praying for some miracle with today's event.
 
"Pull harder!" 
 
"I'm not as strong as you!"
 
Kwangmin whispered his yell. The two boys struggled with trying to get Youngmin up to Kwangmin's room by sneaking into the second floor bedroom room, but it didn't go as easy as Kwangmin planned. The rope he prepared broke, so Youngmin had no choice but to climb to the nearest tree on the side of the window. Unfortunately, the distance was still too far. Youngmin tried to jump to the window but only managed to cling himself desperately. 
 
With a loud groan, Kwangmin then again gathered all his strength to grab onto his twin to pull him in, but he was still weaker. 
 
"Grab me grab me grab me grab me! I'm going to fall!"
 
Youngmin panicked when he felt himself slipping because of his foot that had nothing to step into, but thankfully, with the rest of his upper strength and a little help from Kwangmin's, Prince charming finally got inside Rupenzel's room. 
 
Youngmin landed on the bed, but it wasn't as cushiony as he thought. He saw Kwangmin underneath him, panting hard, so Youngmin moved right away, blushing.
 
"Ah..."
 
Kwangmin groaned. "You're heavier than I thought."
 
The blushing twin quickly got out of the suddenly uncomfortable bed and fixed himself. 
 
"Uh... Right. So let's do this."
 
"Hold on..." Kwangmin panted softly. "I'm always exercising around you." he said, evening his breathing.
 
Youngmin smiled at the latter's statement. His eyes went to Kwangmin's parted lips that breathed air in and out and noticed a drop of hardworking sweat swim down his neck, to his collarbone, then into his shirt that cling from exhaustion which showed how hard that beating chest moved up and dow- 
 
Oh My God
 
Youngmin quickly turned back around and cleared his aching throat. 
 
"Ah~ okay." Kwangmin got his energy back up and walked toward the door. "I'm going to gonna go try to talk to start the topic. Let's see where it leads to, and when the time is right..."
 
"I'll know."
 
The Honor twins nodded at each other then headed down the stairs but not completely down. Youngmin remembered it was the same spot they hid the last time he visited. He watched Kwangmin peaked with nervousness all around him. Youngmin couldn't shake off the memory when he held Kwangmin at that same spot he stood. 
 
"Umma, Appa.."
 
Kwangmin broke Youngmin's drive down memory lane and showed himself to his parents. Youngmin was still by his side but the wall hid him, so the prince intently watched and listened. 
 
"I'd like to introduce you to someone.."
 
Kwangmin's saw his parent’s face smile. The mom was folding laundry while sitting on her favorite sofa chair while the dad was watching TV, although he turned the volume down now to give Kwangmin proper attention.. 
 
"Omo omo, my boy has a girlfriend?!"
 
Youngmin felt his hand turn into a fist hearing the dad's reply.
 
"No no.." Kwangmin reached for Youngmin's hand which was happily accepted by the twin and came out, standing by Kwangmin’s visible side.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo..." Youngmin bowed politely. 
 
The mom gasped in surprise with her hands over mouth. Her body trembled matching the trembled words that came out of her lips. 
 
"Youngmin..."
 
The twins stared at her, also surprised she knew Youngmin’s name without properly introducing him. It was an obvious sign to the two boys. 
 
"Explain umma... Please... How do you know Youngmin..."
 
The father was equally stunned. He wasn't prepared for this situation to happen. He stayed seated on the couch with no words to say. 
 
"Oh my ... Oh my.." There were tears falling down Mrs. Cho's cheeks. She gathered all her strength and slowly walked towards the grinning Youngmin then hugged him as tight as she could. Youngmin struggled but let the mom be.
 
"H-how.. Did you… Kwangmin.. and you ..?" She pulled away to have a proper look at her other son that she hasn‘t seen more years. She then took Youngmin’s hand and guided him to the sofa chair. Kwangmin followed and sat on the arm rest next to Youngmin.
 
The dad couldn't stop staring at the twins and suddenly felt dizzy. The two boys looked so much alike except for the clothes. He couldn’t even tell which one was the one he had raised.
 
"First, explain to me, Why you know Youngmin's name and stop avoiding the subject Umma!" It was rare for Kwangmin to disrespect his mother like that, but he was getting impatient. Youngmin tried to calm him down by rubbing his back. It was well received.
 
The mom sighed. She didn’t even mind that her well behaved son raised his voice at her. She felt it was fair. Kwangmin had the right to know. She didn't know how to begin, so she took a long pause and looked at her husband before speaking. 
 
"Okay... Of course you deserve to know." Her eyes still filled with tears but she tried her best to hold it in and the twins could tell it was hard. "I... " She started.
 
"I was giving Kwangmin a bath.. He got so dirty playing outside. Youngmin was still outside playing with your dad." She said with a sad smile remembering the her ex-husband.
 
Kwangmin smiled imagining it and continued to listen. Youngmin also listened without a choice. Half of him wished he didn’t have to. 
 
"So we really are related twins..." Youngmin voiced his thoughts and Kwangmin looked at him smiling at the fact but it disappeared quickly seeing Youngmin wasn't happy about it. 
 
"Youngmin..." 
 
"That's really cool!..." Youngmin quickly forced a smile back at Kwangmin and his new found mom. His mom couldn't tell but his twin brother saw the difference of that smile. 
 
"Yes, you two did everything together. Until.." Their mom looked down sadly. It was hard for her to talk about the past. "An earthquake struck our town... It felt like the earth was angry at us. It was a huge earthquake. It caused fires, and floods and many many deaths. We are one of the lucky ones that survived. Right away when I felt the ground shaking, I took Kwangmin and ran outside the back-way. The front doorway had already been blocked by the tables that moved around so I had to choice but to go the other way. I looked all over for your father. I yelled your names so many times... But it was too chaotic. I had to keep running and running to save Kwangmin. To take him someplace safe.... "
 
"My dad said my mom died..." 
 
"I understand ... He probably thought I was. Just like I thought he was..."
 
So he didn't lie...
 
“Why didn’t you look for each other after that?” 
 
"It was hard! I was all alone in the world now. I had nothing. Everything was gone. My will to go on left me… ” 
 
That’s why she has no records…
 
“Kwangmin and I lived in a shelter after that. I looked for a job and while looking for it.. I found your appa..." The mom looked back at her husband. The fake father. "I fell in love again.... And he loved Kwangmin too..." 
 
It‘d be hard to find. She remarried.
 
Finally Mr. Cho had the courage and stood up to speak. "I'm sorry Kwangmin... I'm not your real dad."
 
"Appa... Why did you guys hide it from me....?"
 
"Son. We wanted to tell you at a perfect time. You were too little to understand... And then you grew up to be such an intelligent man. We couldn't be anymore proud. You were so hardworking in your studies that it was hard to tell you... We didn't want you to stress about who your real father was, or where was your twin, wondering what he is like, or would .. Your real father .. be better than me ... " the last sentence really came out broken from Mr. Cho. 
 
Kwangmin nodded, now he understood everything. It was only for his own good. They tried to protect him and they were right. Kwangmin would have went all ends of the earth looking for his twin brother and now that he had found it. He couldn't be happier. Youngmin was heaven sent.
 
"I'll call dad.. " Youngmin stood up from his seat. "I'm sure he would want to see all of you and hear his side of the story." Even though, he knew that his dad would be too busy to pick up. He will try.
 
Mrs. Cho couldn't help but run to Youngmin again and give him another hug. Youngmin gave a true smile. He was happy to find out he had mom as sweet and lovely as Mrs. Cho.
 
"You and Kwangmin look so much alike!"
 
"I really can't tell you two apart." Mr. Cho walked towards Youngmin, or at least he thought it was Youngmin and shook hands with him. "Incredible... How did you two find each other."
 
"Me and Youngmin met at the mall a week ago. The uniforms are the difference." Kwangmin said and nodded at his ‘new’ brother. 
 
"I go to YongDoJin. I'm Jo Youngmin. It's nice to finally introduce myself."
 
Kwangmin chuckled. "That's right. Umma, appa, Youngmin had been living here for a week pretending to be me~"
 
"What!?"
 
The twins chuckled at the parents reaction. It amused them. 
 
"YongDoJin. Isn't that the rich school next town?" Mr. Cho his chin in thought and asked.
 
"Yes. Youngmin is rich, appa. He is the heir of the Jo company. I've been living at his mansion for a week. We also traded school to see what it's like."
 
"THE Jo Company?! I would have never guessed..." Mrs. Cho placed a hand on her chest from the new surprise.
 
"Umma.. Appa.. Can Youngmin stay tonight?" Kwangmin asked which earned a look from Youngmin. 
 
There was no hesitation what so ever. The parents agreed and welcomed their new son at their small home. 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
"Umma! Stop giving him blankets and pillows! He is fine!" Kwangmin yelled a complain and guided the pouty mother out of his room. Youngmin chuckled amused and laid on Kwangmin's bed. It was tiny, but he loved it. 
 
Kwangmin insisted on sleeping on the floor, with comforts underneath him of course, so the guest can sleep on the bed. Youngmin protested but their mother also insisted so he was beaten two against one. 
 
Youngmin laid on his side to watch his brother set up to sleep. His brother. Youngmin didn't want to accept it, but here was no fighting it. Kwangmin was his brother. Twin brother and he had to face it. And the deal...
 
"Kwang..."
 
"Hmm?" Kwangmin finished everything. He turned off the lights before he laid down. 
 
"Our deal..."
 
Kwangmin stayed silent for a while then sighed. "I'm sorry Youngmin..."
 
It was Youngmin's turn to answer with silence and it made Kwangmin feel guilty. 
 
"I'm really sorry Youngmin... I-I'll help you see that I'm only your brother. It's all brotherly love. You'll see Youngmin.."
 
Youngmin kept silent. It only made Kwangmin feel even more guilty. It stayed that way until sleep took over. At least it did for Kwangmin. Youngmin's eyes finally adjusted to the dark and he saw his twin's face shine under the moonlight that peeked through the window. 
 
"I am happy your my brother though... I get to be by your side no matter what from now on... goodnight Kwangmin."
 
Kwangmin smiled.
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
"Lighten up Youngminnie. Come hang out with me and Hyunseonggie after school to get your mind off of it. Have fun! Let loose~"
 
"Can't. Kwangmin even told me not to come over because he had to study, so I planned to talk to my dad today."
 
Youngmin placed his books in his locker while Jeongmin leaned his back next to it. Youngmin told him what happened. He tells his best friend everything. He trusted them, and plus, it was easier to be normal if everything was out in the open. 
 
He felt his mood fall a bit. He wanted to be alone and he knew Jeongmin was only trying to help, but his desire to be alone was stronger.
 
"Next time okay?" 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
"Please Pleaseeee come with me Minwoo!!"
 
"But why..?" 
 
"Because! ... I feel awkward lately when I’m alone with Jeongmin..."
 
"I don't want to..."
 
"Come with Donghyun-hyung!"
 
Kwangmin watched Minwoo pout at Hyunseong's request. It was rare to see his hyung like that so it amused him.
 
As the three boys walks through the halls of KangSeoo, Kwangmin's two best friends continued to argue while Kwangmin looked over his notes from class. 
 
"You two better not make me feel like it's a double date!"
 
"Tell that to Jeongmin! Not me!"
 
Double date?
 
Kwangmin lifted his head from his notebook and looked a his friends. 
 
"Great idea!"
 
Leaving the two best friends confused, Kwangmin ran away from them and headed to his academic meeting room. 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
"Ah! Kwangmin-oppa! Annyeonghaseyo." The only girl Kwangmin actually talks to, greeted. The academic meeting's secretary, Jiyoung was a bit surprised at Kwangmin’s running entrance but she bowed anyway.
 
Kwangmin bowed back and flashed a smile before asking right to the point what he had come there for. 
 
"Noona, would like you to go on a double with my brother and me?"
 
"Eh?"
 
"Ah.. Haha.." Kwangmin laughed, embarrassed at his sudden question. "Actually, do you have a sister or a cousin? or any other girl really, that would like to go on a double date with my brother and me?” 
 
Jiyoung tilted her head in thought. She was confused to why Kwangmin would suddenly ask. Actually she didn’t even know Kwangmin had a brother, but she tried to think of someone anyway. 
 
"I do know a friend who might be interested." 
 
"Great! Please contact me about it okay? Thank you noona!" Kwangmin gave a quick bow before leaving the room and ran off again.
 
In Kwangmin's innocent mind, a double date was like hanging out with his two best friends. He didn't think of it as a relationship forming thing. Specially since he wasn't interested in the girls he asked anyway. He smiled to himself thinking he had a good plan to make his brother fall out of love with him.
 
Kwangmin rushed to the halls and looked for a quiet place to make a phone call. A hidden place to hide a phone call, since cell phones was strictly forbidden to use in their school. He fished out his cell phone from his pocket and dialed a familiar number. 
 
“Yoboseyo~”
 
“Nae?” A voice identical to his picked up. 
 
“This weekend, let’s go on a double date!”
 
“WHAT!?” 
 
“It’ll be fun! Me and Jiyoung-noona with You and her friend!”
 
“I don’t want to!” 
 
“Too bad! I already said we’d go. We can‘t back down now.” 
 
“Kwang! You can’t just-!” 
 
“Young! You want to forget about me that way don’t you?”
 
“…………” He felt defeated just being reminded of that deal. 
 
“Double date~ This Saturday! Ppyong!” 
 
Click and his twin hanged up just like that. 
 
Youngmin stared at his phone screen. “Ppyong?” 
 
He really doesn‘t want me to like him… 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Beta-ed by my girlfriend; oshayy