Chapter 10

Finding my Twin Brother

 

O n l y  P a y  A t t e n t i o n  T o  M e
 
"Wow.. That's harsh..."
 
"I don't want to go ..." Youngmin muffled a whimper with his head down on one of the desk in the music club room. “I don’t want to see him with another girl…” 
 
The music club room was another great place to have privacy.  
 
"Can I come~?" Jeongmin raised his hand in proposal.
 
"No! You and Hyunseong will make it worst!"
 
"...I didn't mention him..." Jeongmin sulked, pressing a low key on the piano.
 
Youngmin half-heartedly glared and Donghyun who was sitting in the middle of his sulking friends smiled.
 
"Now now. Let's all just relax.” The leader went out of his way from writing his lyrics to give some advice to his dongsaeng. “Knowing Kwangmin, I don’t think he actually will ‘date’ this girl. Seems like he just wants to push your heart to someone else, so he isn’t on a real date, You are.” 
 
Youngmin peeked at his hyung by tilting his head slightly to the side. His eyes followed Donghyun walk towards the piano to sit in front of it and continued composing his music. 
 
"Just humor him and have fun. That's what Kwangmin wants right? So don't give negative energy and play along. Who knows, you might end up liking the girl too." The leader continued to advice.
 
Youngmin completely lifted his head up and leaned a hand on his cheek. He gave Donghyun's advice some thought and his hyung was right. What Kwangmin wants, Kwangmin gets. 
 
"Mhm... First. I think I'm going to go visit the salon." 
 
The prince leaned back on his chair and relaxed to continue to think about this date. 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
"Why are we here....? This is wrong..."
 
"Nuuu~ we are just supervising."
 
"YOU, not we, You are spying!"
 
"Aren't you curious?"
 
"No!"
 
"Hyunseonggieee~" 
 
"Stop calling me that...." Hyunseong looked away. 
 
Jeongmin chuckled kneeling down below the standing Hyunseong, as he peeked through his binoculars to spy on his twin dongsaengs. No surprise, he dragged Hyunseong to his stalking plan without his consent. Jeongmin had lied to him that they were going to write lyrics again. Hyunseong should have known that writing in an amusement park was odd...
 
"I feel so stupid..."
 
"Oh oh there he is!" Jeongmin didn't point but kept his eyes on Kwangmin who had just arrived and bowed to the two girls. 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
"Annyeonghaseyo! Thanks for coming." Kwangmin greeted the girls a warm welcome before realizing his brother wasn't there yet. 
 
"Kwangmin-oppa. It’s nice to see you. Thank you for inviting us.” Jiyoung gave her cute smile seeing her fellow classmate. The girls came first, but it’s not like they waited long. 
 
“Hi, I’m Hara. Jiyoung’s neighbor. It’s nice to meet you.”  Hara, the new girl to Kwangmin’s eyes introduced herself with a bow and a cute smile of her own. 
 
Kwangmin smiled back and equally bowed. “Hello. It’s nice to meet you! I’m sorry my brother isn’t here yet. I thought he would get here before me.” 
 
“Oh that’s okay.” Hara waved not minding at all. She started off with a good impression to Kwangmin. 
 
“I didn’t know you had a brother Kwangmin-oppa. What does he look like?” Jiyoung asked.
 
“Just like me. Exactly like me. We are twins.” 
 
Jiyoung’s eyes widened, really didn’t expect Kwangmin’s answer. “Really!?”
 
Kwangmin laughed softly. He was amused with that reaction. Yeah, he definitely had fun telling people he had a twin. 
 
“He doesn’t go to our school.” 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
“Hmm, Kwangmin’s friends are prettier than I expected.” The main stalker kept watch. 
 
“I only recognize one of them. Jiyoung. I think she is in Kwangmin’s top class.” The spy sidekick gave his side of information. 
 
“Oh ooohh There’s Youngmin!” 
 
“Where?”
 
“Right there!” 
 
“Where!?” 
 
“Right there!!” Jeongmin didn’t want to point but he did, and covered his mouth realizing, how loud he was. 
 
Hyunseong gasped. “He is …” 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
“Annyeonghaseyo. I hope I’m not too late?” Youngmin came walking from behind Kwangmin and bowed to the girls who immediately showed sparkles in their eyes seeing the prince. 
 
“You are late!” Kwangmin turned. “..and You’re blonde…” His fell mouth open, and stayed opened. 
 
The minute his eyes found Youngmin, it was like he turned slow motion. Not everybody, but only Youngmin. The boy wore a smile as bright as his new sunny hair. It was new, it was different. It definitely brought attention. It reflected the sunlight in the sky and screamed 'hallelujah'. 
 
Youngmin didn’t pay much attention to his brother and kept eye contact with the girls. He smirked and greeted them properly. 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo. Sorry I'm late. I'm Jo Youngmin." The bright prince introduced himself and brought the atmosphere up and giddy.
 
The girls showed excitement and interest at the oh so handsome boy. 
 
"I'm Hara~"
 
"I'm Jiyoung~"
 
Kwangmin couldn't take his eyes off his new brother. He felt weird seeing Youngmin like that. It's not that he had never seen Youngmin smile before, but this smile seemed different, brighter and just something different, he couldn't put a finger on it. 
 
Kwangmin also noticed the outfit Youngmin wore. He doesn't quite remember when was the last time he saw Youngmin wear casual clothes and not a uniform, but this one made quite an impression. It wasn't grand or anything, although Kwangmin guessed it might have been expensive, but Youngmin wore a simple gray striped cardigan over a red shirt and Kwangmin thought those jeans looked freaking good. He just couldn't help but stare. 
 
"Well shall we get this date started?" Youngmin offered the girls to walk ahead first to the entrance of the amusement park. Jiyoung chose the place and the boys had no complaints. They equally looked forward to the fun it'll bring. 
 
The honor twins entered behind them and Kwangmin leaned against his brother to whisper a question. 
 
"Why'd you dye your hair?"
 
"So they can tell us apart." Youngmin saw the question coming and to him it really wasn’t a big deal.
 
"But.. We aren't the same anymore.."
 
"I think that’s kind of the point.” The new blonde of the twins laughed softly at the brunette’s pout. “Relax Kwang, if you don't like it so much, I'll change it back."
 
But Kwangmin honestly didn't want him to change it back. He admitted, it looked really good in his eyes. It made Youngmin brighter and even more handsome. Kwangmin just missed being the same, he guessed. 
 
Youngmin had a real reason. He didn't want to be seen as Kwangmin's brother anymore, specially to his own brother. He didn't want to emphasize to Kwangmin's head that he was his twin brother whenever he sees him. He wanted to be different. He wanted to be seen as Youngmin, and frankly, it worked. 
 
"So where should we go first?" Jiyoung opened her map to take a look at what attractions are there. 
 
"I would like to go on the log ride!" Hara said and only looked at Youngmin. She had it set that Youngmin was going to be her date partner. "Do you like water rides oppa?"
 
"Ah, Nae, they are fun."
 
"Lets go~" Daringly, Hara hooked her arm on Youngmin's and walked with him to the said log ride. 
 
Kwangmin saw this and felt left out. He walked behind them with Jiyoung who made small conversations with him, that he just didn't even care about. 
 
He is suppose to be by my side...
 
The wait wasn't that long, thank goodness, and the four came out of the ride slightly wet with smiles on their faces. 
 
"That was fun. Oh! Let's go there next!" Hara spotted a big roller-coaster coming up ahead and decided that was their next target.
 
Kwangmin was nervous about the next ride and hope Youngmin would disagree, but his twin wasn't so worried about it. Instead, the blonde twin encourage it.
 
"Looks fun."
 
The wait for this ride was longer than the last. There were more people who wanted to go on the roller-coaster ride. It wasn't a problem though. The girls took the opportunity to converse with the handsome boys and asked them stuff about what they liked. The four talked about favorite foods, activities, what school Youngmin went to, and a little information about the twin's separation at a young age. Kwangmin never knew how much Youngmin and he had in common. Same food, like to be with friends, wished to be a singer when they were little, and it was all new to the brunette.
 
"Oh! It's higher than I thought. Ah! I'm scared!" Hara sat next to Youngmin, she choose to cling to her date's arm as the roller-coaster went up and up for a while. It was obviously she pretended to be scared since she chose that ride in the first place.
 
Kwangmin wasn’t pretending though. He sat right behind them, with Jiyoung as her partner, but all his eyes glared at was how tight Hara held onto Youngmin. He remembered the time Youngmin held him when they found out about his fake dad situation. Once again, he felt left out. 
 
I'm scared too...
 
Screams from the girls and the twins were clearly heard throughout out the ride. Kwangmin was the loudest of the twins though and his screams showed fright. He was scared of the loops and the sudden falls of the roller-coaster since he doesn’t go to those often. 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
"Ahahaha! That was fun!" Jeongmin and Hyunseong came out of the same roller-coaster right after the people they were supposedly stalking.
 
Hyunseong admitted it was fun too. He liked amusement parks and roller-coasters. He just doesn't go to them often because he doesn't have much money to afford it. Lucky for Jeongmin. Hyunseong just got his allowance, so he was able to come.
 
"Oh they are going to a haunted house!" Jeongmin quickly took Hyunseong hand in his and ran to the said place, hand in hand.
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
“Ahhh!!!!" The brunette twin jumped at the slight touch on his shoulder from one of the monsters that sneaked up on him. 
 
Youngmin laughed to himself, hearing his brother's screams behind them. Hara thought it was for her because she was screaming too from the sudden movements and hugging Youngmin's arm again.
 
"Get off me!!!" Kwangmin screamed and whimpered at the girl ghost that looked like the ring and grabbed his foot as she tried to pull him into 'their world'.
 
Kwangmin had enough, once he saw the exit light, he ran right to it the scaredy-cat he was. 
 
"Hehe, are you okay?" Youngmin followed behind trying to hide his laughter of amusement. He patted Kwangmin's back to try to calm him. 
 
Kwangmin bend down, trying to even his racing heart. "That was scary!"
 
"It was pretty funny." The blonde had to let out a chuckle. "Specially since you just left your date there."
 
"Youngmin-oppa! Let's go to the Ferris wheel now." Once again, before Youngmin had a say in it, he was already being dragged but Hara. 
 
Youngmin looked back at his frowning brother, who waited for Jiyoung to come out from the haunted house. He didn't let himself get dragged this time. He pulled Hara towards Kwangmin instead. 
 
"Why don't we take a break? Eat a little?"
 
Jiyoung finally came out and smiled hearing the new plan. 
 
Kwangmin continued to follow behind Youngmin and Hara, With Jiyoung by his side. Not like he cared though, his eyes only watched his blonde twin. He watched how Youngmin would give in to Hara's wishes, like buying her a balloon, then tying it lightly on her wrist. How he would feed her cotton candy that she once again whined for. How he would lean to take a piece of that stupid cotton candy that got stuck on Hara's hair then smile afterwards.
 
Kwangmin never saw this boyfriend side of Youngmin. He never really knew Youngmin well enough, he just assumed his twin was just like him, but he was not. Kwangmin envied the courage Youngmin had and how charismatic he looked as a boyfriend. Kwangmin felt....
 
"My stomach hurts.." 
 
"Kwangmin-oppa, are you okay?" Jiyoung tried to sooth him by rubbing his back, but Kwangmin shook his head, answering 'No'.
 
Youngmin's bright smile turned cloudy right a way when he heard Jiyoung and saw Kwangmin hunched back, holding in his stomach. Worries flowed all over Youngmin’s body and faced the brunette. 
 
"Kwang, what's wrong?"
 
Kwangmin saw Youngmin's handsome face so close to his and he quickly took a step back. 
 
"I.. I don't feel so good. I'm sorry. I have to go..!"
 
Kwangmin ran out from them as fast as his twin could even blink in confusion and worry. Youngmin didn’t hesitate to chase after his brother, leaving the two girls dumbfounded, specially Hara. She kept calling Youngmin 'oppa!' but the blind prince didn't even think to look back one second.
 
"Kwang! Kwangmin! Wait!"
 
Finally, Kwangmin stopped running and walking away all together. He stopped at the quiet parking lot to rest for a bit. Youngmin did the same, but with less panting. 
 
"Kwang...? Do you want me to take you to the hospital?" Youngmin was really worried now. He had never seen Kwangmin act this way, and he didn't know the problem so he can’t try to fix it. 
 
"No..." Kwangmin's back faced the blonde one. "I thought you like me..."
 
Youngmin took a step forward but stopped his tracks once he heard what Kwangmin had said last. 
 
"I do like you."
 
"... But the way you were with Hara... I thought you said I was special..."
 
Youngmin started to get confused to what Kwangmin was talking about. 
 
"You are special Kwangmin. I don't like Hara that way."
 
Kwangmin finally turned around and Youngmin can see his brother was upset. 
 
"But you were so close with her. Just like she was your girlfriend."
 
"What? I don't get it Kwangmin. Didn't you want me to be with her?"
 
"You were suppose to be my side..."
 
"Aren't you the one who set me up with her?"
 
"You were suppose to be clinging to me!"
 
"You didn't want me to be with you!"
 
"I didn't-! ..... No..." Kwangmin covered his face and turned around again, groaning in frustration, not knowing where he was getting at. "...its weird ... Seeing you with someone else like that..."
 
Youngmin finally realized what was going on in Kwangmin's head. He couldn't take his brother's cuteness anymore and walked towards the brunette, wrapping his arms over Kwangmin's shoulder to hold him tightly from behind. 
 
It startled Kwangmin and his body stiffed at this suddenly warm feeling he was receiving.
 
"... Kwang... Your jealous." Youngmin whispered. There was no need for loud voices anymore. There were so close, Kwangmin got shivers hearing Youngmin's low tone. 
 
The brunette didn’t voice it, but he admitted in his mind that he was jealous. 
 
"I only want Youngmin to pay attention to me ..."
 
Youngmin could swear that he could fly up in the sky with Kwangmin right now. The blonde prince with a smile as bright as his hair, turned his twin around to face him up close. Kwangmin’s face heat up, so embarrassed. 
 
"Then let me... Let me only have eyes on you..." 
 
"But your my brother..." There it was again. Kwangmin’s argument that Youngmin hated so much. The blonde sighed and held his brother's hand.
 
"Don't you get it? I wanna be with you so much, I don't care if your my brother! I never saw you that way anyway, Kwangmin. To me, you were always that cute, awkwardly, charming boy I fell for... Just be with me Kwang... At least give me a chance to show you how serious I am."
 
Kwangmin's turned red even more. He was so shy about his twin’s confession. He felt so special and loved. That’s right, he felt that way because of Youngmin. Being with his twin makes him happy, why shouldn't he be? 
 
Right when he was about to answer with good news, Youngmin didn't even give him a chance and just leaned in to crash his impatient, yet soft lips against Kwangmin's shocked, blushing red ones. 
 
Kwangmin froze in his spot for the billionth time ever since he met Youngmin. His lips felt hot against another's lips and he didn't know what to do. It was foreign to him and he was just way too breathless. 
 
The prince slowly broke it to speak. "Would you be my Boyfriend...?"
 
Kwangmin's heart skipped a beat. He bit his lip not sure how to voice his answer, so he ended up using action. Kwangmin initiated this time and fulfilled his wish to feel Youngmin's lips against his own once more. 
 
A gentle kiss was Youngmin's happy reply. The kiss was soft and sweet but tender and the love the two felt was definitely poured into it. It showed, it was felt and it was well received. Youngmin's heart kept skipping faster than his basketball exercises and Kwangmin's couldn't stop pounding, worst than running, but the feeling this time was indescribably ten times better than those feelings. 
 
For the much needed air, the two broke the kiss then leaned their foreheads together, not able to separate from each other one bit. 
 
"You took my first kiss..." 
 
"No regrets.” Youngmin shrugged proudly. 
 
And they walked away from the parking lot to head home with their hands together, fingers intertwined.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Beta-ed by my girlfriend; oshayy